Can someone with a Sprint number switch over to a SGH-T999?

Search This thread

EXV

Dec 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
My girlfriend has Sprint but her phone bit the dust. I offered her my current phone but I am not sure if she can just put her SIM in this phone and use it. Is there anything I would need to do to prepare my current phone (running SlimBean 4.2.2 w/ Ktoonz) for her?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
You need a CDMA phone for it to to work on Sprint. If your phone is unlocked, you could try putting her SIM in your phone and see if you get a Signal.

The only change if any would be to change the APN (Settings>More>Access Point Name).

Reactions: EXV

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Going between Sprint and T-Mobile you will find that it works as a phone, but will only ever get Edge data service.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EXV

EXV

Dec 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Thanks for the answers guys. Turns out she was covered by the one year warranty from the factory. So she's getting a replacement Monday. I appreciate the response!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a CDMA phone for it to to work on Sprint. If your phone is unlocked, you could try putting her SIM in your phone and see if you get a Signal.

The only change if any would be to change the APN (Settings>More>Access Point Name).
    Going between Sprint and T-Mobile you will find that it works as a phone, but will only ever get Edge data service.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk