Flashing to GPE

Search This thread

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008
I want to get the S5 and I am getting tired of waiting on the Google Play Edition. If I go ahead and grab a T-Mobile S5 I would think we will be able to flash it to the GPE once it hits. Can anyone see any drawbacks to this that I am not aware of? TIA.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I want to get the S5 and I am getting tired of waiting on the Google Play Edition. If I go ahead and grab a T-Mobile S5 I would think we will be able to flash it to the GPE once it hits. Can anyone see any drawbacks to this that I am not aware of? TIA.

You'll be able to flash a ROM, but not convert it completely if they do the same thing as the S4. It will function the same, but no OTA basically.

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008
You'll be able to flash a ROM, but not convert it completely if they do the same thing as the S4. It will function the same, but no OTA basically.

Yeah OTA is not an issue as I have to have root for Viper, Xpose, etc. Besides with XDA who needs OTA. Heck they already have the S4 images before a couple of my buddies S's have even been prompted for the OTA.

Top Liked Posts