[Q] [Solved] Data not being formatted!

Search This thread

marcusflint

Apr 14, 2013
Hi,
I have installed Ultra Gb revolutionary 1.6 Rom and have been using it for a while. I wanted to remove all content on phone..so i tried to wipe data and reinstall the rom again. Rom flashed correctly and i rebooted the phone..but user apps were not removed, they are still on the phone.
I tried changing kernel, flash another rom, flashed utra gb again, the apps are still there, why? :(

Last edited:

Killnolife

Mar 27, 2014
You can try to conenct your sdcard to your PC and delete .android_secure, it contains sd apps that don't get deleted with /data :rolleyes:

If it doesn't work you can use Wipe data option in settings :good:

lionelsuyog

Oct 27, 2013
Kathmandu
Hi,
I have installed Ultra Gb revolutionary 1.6 Rom and have been using it for a while. I wanted to remove all content on phone..so i tried to wipe data and reinstall the rom again. Rom flashed correctly and i rebooted the phone..but user apps were not removed, they are still on the phone.
I tried changing kernel, flash another rom, flashed utra gb again, the apps are still there, why? :(

Well, that may be a kernel issue! Try to install stock kernel/ROM via odin and get it all clean!

Reactions: marcusflint

lionelsuyog

Oct 27, 2013
Kathmandu
I think that's not the kernel, he said he tried to change it, i think he haves a problem because /data is not mounted,

OP use CWM and mount /data, then do wipe data & cache :D

While selecting Factory reset on cwm, data & cache are automatically mounted and both data, cache and .andtoid_secure is wiped! I'm jst sharing my experience, it happened with me few times while using percy_g2 kernel! The best option for me was odin!

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
In CWM in general partition is mounted when wiped, I think switching kernel and try again
Flash another CM kernel and wipe data then return to your kernel, or do a factory reset from setting in phone :rolleyes::rolleyes:

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io
Well a simple solution to the problem :

1.Go to CWM,mount all the partitions and flash percy's kernel (CyanogenMod #2)
2.Go back and then go to advanced > reboot recovery
3.Now you'll be in Percy's recovery and from there,under mounts and storage,format data and format cache.
4.Go back and then go to mounts and storage and mount all the partitions.
5.Flash back to bieltv.3's kernel and reboot.

marcusflint

Apr 14, 2013
Finally, i had to flash flash stock Rom via Odin and go back to ultra gb.. Thanks for all the help guys :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Well, that may be a kernel issue! Try to install stock kernel/ROM via odin and get it all clean!