[BOOTANIMATIONS] Samsung Galaxy S5 BIOS Boot Animation [1080x1920]

Search This thread

PDrizzly

Jun 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here so hello to everyone!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 after having iPhones for years and I haven't stopped using it since. I was looking into boot animations and I saw all the BIOS boot animations but realized that no one had created one for the Galaxy S5 yet. Because of that I made one myself specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S5 meaning that all the files are in the QMG format and not the typical bootanimation.zip style. Attached to this post are two zip archives containing the animation file. Both attachments are the same animation but one runs at 18FPS while the other runs at 22FPS. This way in-case your phone boots slower or faster than mine there will be time to completely finish the animation.
I also have it rendered at all different framerates from 5 to 60 so if you need it somewhere else let me know.

Let me know what you think as I plan on making a more unique animation in the future!

How to Install (Device Must be Rooted):
1.Download bootsamsung.qmg file to device
2. Go to system/media
3. Rename the existing bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsungOld.qmg or something else (do not delete)
4. Rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloopOld.qmg or something else (carrier animation, can delete if do not want)
5. Place the bootsamsung.qmg file you downloaded into here
6. Change the permissions of the bootsamsung.qmg file to: Owner: read,write Group: read Others: read
7. Reboot your phone and see if it works!

Since I am a new user I can't put images or a video preview here due to them being external links.
Below in attachments along with the animation files there will also be another zip archive containing a GIF preview and two pictures.

***EDIT***
Also in the attached files you will find bootanimation.zip which is the animation files for phones that dont use the Samsung .QMG file format. Note that it is still at 1080x1920 in terms of resolution and will play at 18FPS until you modify the desc.txt

Thanks, PDrizzly

Attachments

• GalaxyS5BiosBootAnimationSlower18FPSVersion.rar
    146.2 KB · Views: 3,709
  • GalaxyS5BiosBootAnimationFaster22FPSVersion.rar
    146.2 KB · Views: 4,302
  • GalaxyS5BIOSBootAnimationPreview.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 6,768
  • bootanimation.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 8,803
Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Can I have one in ".zip" format please? The GS5 ROM I am using (MOAR ROM on Sprint GS5) has custom bootanimation support and uses .zip files for bootanimation!

sarbe

Sep 26, 2010
Works great, thanks mate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Skarfist

Jun 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 after having iPhones for years and I haven't stopped using it since. I was looking into boot animations and I saw all the BIOS boot animations but realized that no one had created one for the Galaxy S5 yet. Because of that I made one myself specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S5 meaning that all the files are in the QMG format and not the typical bootanimation.zip style. Attached to this post are two zip archives containing the animation file. Both attachments are the same animation but one runs at 18FPS while the other runs at 22FPS. This way in-case your phone boots slower or faster than mine there will be time to completely finish the animation.
I also have it rendered at all different framerates from 5 to 60 so if you need it somewhere else let me know.

Let me know what you think as I plan on making a more unique animation in the future!

2. Go to system/media
3. Rename the existing bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsungOld.qmg or something else (do not delete)
4. Rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloopOld.qmg or something else (carrier animation, can delete if do not want)
6. Change the permissions of the bootsamsung.qmg file to: Owner: read,write Group: read Others: read

Since I am a new user I can't put images or a video preview here due to them being external links.
Below in attachments along with the animation files there will also be another zip archive containing a GIF preview and two pictures.

***EDIT***
Also in the attached files you will find bootanimation.zip which is the animation files for phones that dont use the Samsung .QMG file format. Note that it is still at 1080x1920 in terms of resolution and will play at 18FPS until you modify the desc.txt

Thanks, PDrizzly
Thanks man looks pretty good but would be improved with more colour and some kind of animation other than text. Good stuff though, much better than carrier boot.

sm-g900h

Jul 10, 2014
how to?

hi i would appreciate how you done it? tutorial on how to make bootanimation for s5 ..

cheers,
Geef

tdilts

Jul 26, 2014
I am having trouble getting this to work on AllianceRom. The animation stops at the 12th picture and it just freezes there until the boot cycle completes. After applying the boot animation I can look into the zip archive and every png file from number 13 on is 0kb in size.

Just for some more information I have tried applying the boot animation by flashing via Rom Manager, using Rom Toolbox (Boot Animations), and by manually placing the bootanimation.zip in the system\media directory. When I manually place the zip file in (and adjust permissions), the boot screen is just black. Nothing shows up. Every other boot animation I have tried seems to work just fine. This is the only one giving me trouble.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Christiancs1969

Mar 3, 2012
london
I am having trouble getting this to work on AllianceRom. The animation stops at the 12th picture and it just freezes there until the boot cycle completes. After applying the boot animation I can look into the zip archive and every png file from number 13 on is 0kb in size.

Just for some more information I have tried applying the boot animation by flashing via Rom Manager, using Rom Toolbox (Boot Animations), and by manually placing the bootanimation.zip in the system\media directory. When I manually place the zip file in (and adjust permissions), the boot screen is just black. Nothing shows up. Every other boot animation I have tried seems to work just fine. This is the only one giving me trouble.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Working fine on alliance. Open zip ..copy qmg bootanimation..remember to fix permissions reboot
Rename old qmg boot or overwrite

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ratcityrain

Oct 7, 2010
Seattle
Did not work for me

I am on Alliance t-mobile build 3 - i renamed my current bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg(stock) then i copied the bootsamsung.qmg from the 18fps into system/media. Changed the permissions and I still only get the stock alliance boot animation.

Christiancs1969

Mar 3, 2012
london
Did not work for me

I am on Alliance t-mobile build 3 - i renamed my current bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg(stock) then i copied the bootsamsung.qmg from the 18fps into system/media. Changed the permissions and I still only get the stock alliance boot animation.

Rename alliance animation zip or delete

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

It over rides qmg

Hezzennater

Jan 7, 2014
Didn't work

I have been trying to tweak some things, but nothing changes! I decided to try simply renaming the bootsamsungloop.qmg with ES file explorer to see if this would work. Sure enough, Verizon still pops up on boot. I had safestrap installed, but wasn't using it, so I uninstalled that, and still nothing. It seems very odd. Any ideas?

Christiancs1969

Mar 3, 2012
london
I have been trying to tweak some things, but nothing changes! I decided to try simply renaming the bootsamsungloop.qmg with ES file explorer to see if this would work. Sure enough, Verizon still pops up on boot. I had safestrap installed, but wasn't using it, so I uninstalled that, and still nothing. It seems very odd. Any ideas?

Are you fixing permissions?try with another file explorer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

2. Go to system/media

***EDIT***

Thanks, PDrizzly
    PowerOn Bios Sound

Hi every one.
    I use Bios boot animation since Galaxy S good days. All this bios animation i used, i used with attached bios booting sounds. I tested and it is impressive with your bios boot animations.
    I think if you include this in you package it will be the best out there.
    For using now, assuming that you own a rooted device, choose a file explorer with root access. Mount /system/media/audio/ui with read-write access. Copy and replace PowerOn.ogg from destination with the one attached. Change the permissions according the OP instruction in rw-r-r .
    PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.

Keep the good work and best regards
    Did not work for me

Rename alliance animation zip or delete

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

It over rides qmg

Thanks man looks pretty good but would be improved with more colour and some kind of animation other than text. Good stuff though, much better than carrier boot.

Thanks alot man I appreciate it. My next animation will definitely be much more unique and complex.
    That worked perfectly. Didn't realize that Alliance had a bootanimation.zip file there. Never thought to look lol