my new ZL

Search This thread

shodenskie

Dec 20, 2013
hello guys i bought this ZL last night....
and as i open it it pops out from 4.1 to 4.2 den after it goes to 4.3....
now it pops again with other stuffs to update to together with 4.4kitkat...
is this update all?
and is this mobile good for heavy usage of surfing... music... even if a single chrge a day???
pls help... thanks..coz i can decide if im gona buy Z or stick with this ZL tnx....

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
is this update all?
and is this mobile good for heavy usage of surfing... music... even if a single chrge a day???
pls help... thanks..coz i can decide if im gona buy Z or stick with this ZL tnx....
Hi i'm from Z forum and saying to buy Z because it's still supported from MUCH developers ;)
They are nearlly the same hardware
But Z is developers supported ;)
It will even get 4.4.4 update soon

Z have many mods/roms and other stuff
But ZL camera lens looks bigger

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk!

Jaycel0820

Aug 30, 2012
manila
Hi i'm from Z forum and saying to buy Z because it's still supported from MUCH developers ;)
They are nearlly the same hardware
But Z is developers supported ;)
It will even get 4.4.4 update soon

Z have many mods/roms and other stuff
But ZL camera lens looks bigger

ZL have less bezel also mods from Z can also be used in ZL but not the custom rom, so for me its not a big deal wether he/she buys Z or ZL

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
ZL have less bezel also mods from Z can also be used in ZL but not the custom rom, so for me its not a big deal wether he/she buys Z or ZL
Not all Z mod can be used on ZL. That can highly result a bootloop ;)
Also the Z forum here is much more active than ZL one
I think opening the both devices forums on XDA is best way to see which better. So people can see others problems or mods or port or other stuff :)

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I think opening the both devices forums on XDA is best way to see which better. So people can see others problems or mods or port or other stuff :)

I agree with most of this... at the time I bought mine though, the better version of the Z wasn't available on the Bitcoin store...

shodenskie

Dec 20, 2013
guys i got my old s4... and its already kitkat.... i got my ZL 2nights ago and now its already kitkat too as i purchased...
but....
i have a 4g purple Z too.... it updates other stuffs on sony yeah....
but it is stuck and stops to 4.3 i got this since jan.2014
now still no update :(

Jaycel0820

Aug 30, 2012
manila

yeh I agree with you , even I myself a ZL user visits Z forum more often than visiting ZL forum, that is why I use some of mods in Z forum. But the more active is the crossdevelopment threads and I use to visit it a lot.

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
is this update all?

Well, 4.4.2 stock kitkat will drain your battery...
I'm much happier using Custom Rom instead of stock rom :D
You know, it has a lot of customization, tweaks, and many things that stock rom doesn't have

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Well, 4.4.2 stock kitkat will drain your battery...
I'm much happier using Custom Rom instead of stock rom :D
You know, it has a lot of customization, tweaks, and many things that stock rom doesn't have
Even on ZL 4.4.2 have lags and battery drain? I thought that's only with Z :eek:

Tapatalk'ed from my Xperia™ Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
is this update all?

I would suggest to update to 4.3. For me it was the most stable and battery friendly version on my ZL. 4.4.2 is good, but I feel that battery life is a bit worse, and there is some minor lag in settings menu. It's said that this will be fixed in 4.4.4, which will get rolled out soon (at least we all hope...).

I deceided to buy the zl cause of the camera button, remote control and because it's smaller.

Reactions: go45cvi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is this update all?

I would suggest to update to 4.3. For me it was the most stable and battery friendly version on my ZL. 4.4.2 is good, but I feel that battery life is a bit worse, and there is some minor lag in settings menu. It's said that this will be fixed in 4.4.4, which will get rolled out soon (at least we all hope...).

I deceided to buy the zl cause of the camera button, remote control and because it's smaller.