Genuine wireless charging back

Search This thread

LoSt180

Dec 21, 2011

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
After using an after-market wireless receiver for the past many months with my S5, I finally took the plunge and went for the original wireless back cover from Samsung. They are finally in stock and my 50% code brought the price down to about 20 bucks, which is hard to beat.

The after market single coil two-contact receiver worked for the most part, but it had some issues. The phone had to be exactly aligned with my Nokia DT900 or else, it would keep disconnecting or going into a loop. Also, once the charge was complete, the phone would bleep like crazy till I took it off the plate. This was a major nuisance because the bleeping could not be disabled (I did not root my device for various reasons) - and the phone sits right next to my bed at night. Also, even though I got one of the thinner receivers, it still added a small bulge to the original back cover. I also think the phone is probably not as water and dust resistant because the receiver sits very close to the rubber gasket on the backside of the original cover.

The Samsung wireless cover was shipped promptly and I have been using it for a few weeks now. The cover makes the phone thicker - I do not have a concern with that because I do not use a case. With the thicker cover, the camera at the back of the phone does not protrude out anymore. Instead, the camera (and the flash/heart-rate sensor) are nicely recessed into the case. Coming to wireless charging, I find that I don't have to exactly align the phone on the charger anymore. As long as I place the phone generally centered on the pad, it charges without any issues. And when it completes charging, there is no annoying bleep bleep sound, so I am able to sleep better at night.

The phone still comfortably slides into my car mount clip. The cover also does not have my Wireless providers name, and strangely, there is no Galaxy S5 imprint either. Also, I find that the phone is more comfortable to hold, although I wish the cover came with some kind of rubberized coating instead of the same dimpled "band-aid" look.

Update: Forgot to mention, NFC worked fine both with after-market receiver and Samsung Wireless Cover.

Last edited:

steve1040

Aug 7, 2008
After using an after-market wireless receiver for the past many months with my S5, I finally took the plunge and went for the original wireless back cover from Samsung. They are finally in stock and my 50% code brought the price down to about 20 bucks, which is hard to beat.

I registered my phone with Samsung.com but did not receive a 50% code. What steps do I follow to receive the 50% off coupon.

Thanks
Steve

Blazing angel

Oct 15, 2011
I just returned my charging back & samsung mini charger.

I don't know if they were defective or not, but i came to the phone twice pretty much burning up. It was so hot I couldn't hold it to my face, but was still running fine (surprisingly). The internal battery temp registered the temp in the fifties i believe.

Now I am having terrible battery life. I'm not sure if its adverse effects due to the heat or the curse of android 4.4.2 (android system).

Anybody else notice insane heat?

Last edited:

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
I registered my phone with Samsung.com but did not receive a 50% code. What steps do I follow to receive the 50% off coupon.

Thanks
Steve

All I had to do was register my S5 to my existing Samsung.com account. I got an email with the discount code within a day. As another poster mentioned, it may be open only to US residents.

chromatica2

Sep 20, 2014
Perth
Qi wireless charging gear for the S5 seems to be difficult to find in Australia for some reason. And where you can find it, it's hideously overpriced. Harvey Norman (sort of a Best Buy-type store) sell the Samsung charging pad for A$74 (US$65) and the S View charging cover for A$89 (US$78). No way.

I bought the genuine charging back (just the back, not the S View cover) because I was afraid of compromising the waterproofing by putting an aftermarket coil inside the stock back. The cheapest I found was on Amazon.com.

As for charging pads, I picked up a couple off eBay from China. They look a bit like hockey pucks and you can get them about five bucks a pop, and they do the job nicely. One sits on top of my computer and the other is plugged into the OEM charger by my bed. I don't have any problems positioning the phone on top - at least, not with the OEM charging back.

paesan

Mar 17, 2010
I recently sold my oem Samsung wireless charging pad (long white one) and back cover (S5) to a friend of a friend. He claims that the phone will only charge 10%. I used the wireless charging every day until I got the note 4. Not sure what he is doing wrong. Any ideas.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I recently sold my oem Samsung wireless charging pad (long white one) and back cover (S5) to a friend of a friend. He claims that the phone will only charge 10%. I used the wireless charging every day until I got the note 4. Not sure what he is doing wrong. Any ideas.

Ask him to charge it in front of you, if it passes 10%, then he has no reasons to return it back to you.

paesan

Mar 17, 2010
Ask him to charge it in front of you, if it passes 10%, then he has no reasons to return it back to you.
I hear you. I used that every day until I got my note 4 and now all of a sudden it doesn't work. Total BS. My friend recommended getting it from me, so just to keep things cool I'll just take it back. Total BS though. Last time I recall, my name isn't Best Buy, Target, etc. for refunds. Guy had it for over a week!!!!

droideris1

Aug 5, 2010
i got the OEM samsung s5 wireless battery cover, and ever since i put it on the phone it says 'check battery cover' on the phone. The seal doesn't seem too good, and it definitely doesn't feel like it is still ip67... has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I got a bad one..

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
i got the OEM samsung s5 wireless battery cover, and ever since i put it on the phone it says 'check battery cover' on the phone. The seal doesn't seem too good, and it definitely doesn't feel like it is still ip67... has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I got a bad one..

the phone does not detect that you put the cover on or not. When you reboot the phone (even without a cover on) it tells you to check, no matter what.

but otherwise, yea, mine does not feel like it's on there as good, but I have never had an issue when i took it into the shower.

RONIN68

Oct 30, 2009
ITALIA
Hello everyone, I would say my experience on the back cover wireless and wireless pad for s5.
When I bought the phone (G900FD) in addition to this back cover (ep-cg900iwe),
I bought this pad wireless. The wireless charging work but to your liking (random) appeared popup "wireless charging .." : Mad:: Mad: Even at night. One morning I woke up with the smell of burning and I thought it was the phone !. Instead .. had burned the wireless pad all night because he had charge-charge-charge (I had to put off all notifications and also mod Xposed).

So I decided to buy the wireless mini pad original: Buono: and, even in this case, the first night, as soon as the battery is recharged to 100% he started flashing orange LED. I wanted to bring in assistance to get it to change, but I tried to charge it again and to date has worked wonders: no notifications, no errors and, fundamentally, maintains the position of night (at 100%, the green LED remains lit and the morning the phone battery charged to 100%).
I also removed the mod Xposed that I had put in earlier not to hear notifications. Everything works beautifully.: Ridere:: Ridere:

Finally, to play a little 'I homebuilt this rests phone: I could buy a new one, but if I spend a lot of money then buy as S7? : D: D: D: D
Clearly I built based phone without damaging the mini wireless pad.
The material with which I built the palm phone is polyethylene, taken kindly by the kitchen cutting board my lady !!!.: D: D: D: D: D: D

sorry for my bad English

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 642
  • $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 608
  • 20150311_083553.jpg
    20150311_083553.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 608
  • 20150311_083659.jpg
    20150311_083659.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 610

karana

Nov 11, 2007
So I bought the S-View Wireless Charging folio case off Amazon last week and it just arrived today. I tried it out when I got home and the Nokia DT-900 charging base does not seem to be able to charge the device. I have used the DT-900 with my Nexus 7 tablet (with Poetic slimline case).

Have any of you tried that combination? I am curious if I need to get a new charging base, not a big deal since I was planning on buying 2 more anyways or is there a possibility the case itself is broken?

Onyok

Oct 2, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Does it say the expiration date or last day to use it? How long do I have to register?

when do you get an email for the 50% off coupon?, didn't see it anywhere when I registered

necropost i know but i've just got back online using this account. Been a while since... had a problem logging back. Sammy usually gives out free codes once you register your stuff online. Like yesterday I've got a coupon for 30% less for mobile accessories worth $50 or less.

Reactions: Pipsquick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I have done a quick review of the Official Cover, with close up photos, weight differences etc... and everything different I could find versus original cover

http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/...rging-cover-review-with-samsung-charging-pad/

Any questions, just ask on here is fine.
    Hey guys, here are some impressions about my combination of wireless charging cover and the easyChee charging station.
    It's fully working, you can see that the charging cover has a slightly colder white tone, than the original which is warmer.
    Further the camera now is fully covered by the cover with a gap of about one millimeter.

Register your phone on samsung.com and you can get a 50% off coupon. Then just wait for it to come in stock on samsungs website and get it for.... half off!
    Im pleasantly surprised, based off the photo's of the wireless cover that it is not as thick as the S4 wireless charging cover.
    This means we should be able to use any case available:good:

Photos won't show the difference. It's only a millimeter or 2 of a difference

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    This place is absolutely absurd sometimes.