Theme Ready Google Apps for CMTE/Substratum made by Team Black Out v33.6 [19July]

Search This thread

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive RC & RT
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
ForumTBOmain.jpg

THEME READY GOOGLE APPS

ALL THEME READY GOOGLE APPS ZIPS CAN BE FOUND IN THE TEAM BLACKOUT UPDATER WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE:
TEAM BLACKOUT UPDATER AS WELL AS ON OUR WEBSITE HERE: TEAM BLACKOUT WEBSITE

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL!

This post: About the project & F.A.Q.
2nd post: Theme Ready Google Apps zip and information by djdarkknight96!
3rd post: Theme Ready YouTube Github source code by Train88!
4th post: Theme Ready Google Apps zip information

ABOUT THE PROJECT

A little background information on the how and the why. As they come from the all powerful GoOgle, a lot of apps aren't made with themes in mind. Items like text and background colours are hard coded in layout xmls, certain styles which can't be edited and also that horrible section of a decompiled app known as smali (how I loathe thee). The apps which are Theme Ready have redirected all of those hard coded items and have made them call on different resources within each app that can be modified in themes, both CMTE and Substratum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

F.A.Q.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK US FOR ETAS - UPDATES WILL BE DONE WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO

Q: I have flashed the Theme Ready zip but my (insert app name here) is still not themed correctly?
A: It may be that the app has been automatically updated from the Play Store. On your phone open the Play Store app and go to the app which you have flashed a Theme Ready version of. If you see a big UNINSTALL button then click it to uninstall the app. Then in the top right of your screen, click on the 3 dot menu and uncheck Auto-update then do a full reboot of your phone.

Q: Where in my flashing process should I flash the Theme Ready zip?
A: Always AFTER you flash the normal Gapps zip. So I usually flash ROM then Gapps then Theme Ready (then whatever other zips I need to).

Q: There has been an update for (insert app name here). Will you be updating the Theme Ready version?
A: If the app has been done by us then there is a good chance that we know about the update (the beauty of Pushbullet :highfive:) and we will get to making it Theme Ready when the correct version is released. You see, if we pick the wrong version then half of the users will see an update in the Play Store when really we have done the latest version. That is of course if we don't get shafted by El GoOg as they have done to some apps like Google Contacts and Messenger, then we can't touch them without the app crashing and there will not be an update.

Q: When will the new version of (insert app name here) be ready?
A: No later than is necessary to make sure that it is working and able to be themed correctly. Please don't ask us for ETAs, it is just disrespectful.

Q: Could you please add (insert app name here) to your repertoire of Theme Ready apps?
A: More than likely not. Google bombards us with constant updates to some of their apps, and these minor incremental updates take time. On top of that, we have our themes that we maintain and also lives which need to be lived, so unfortunately the answer is no. If we come across an app that we deem fit to add in the future then we will do so, but requests are unnecessary and will more than likely be met with an answer of 'No'.

Q: I flashed this zip and my apps still look like stock?
A: You need to install a theme to work with these apps, they will look the same as stock when no theme is applied.

XDA:DevDB Information
Theme Ready Google Apps for CMTE/Substratum, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
daveyannihilation, djdarkknight96, Train88
Source Code: https://github.com/ThemeReady

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 33.6
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-19

Created 2015-05-20
Last Updated 2017-07-19

"Gmail - Google+ - Playstore - Hangouts - Google App -Google Photos- YouTube Theme READY!!"
NOT A GAPPS ZIP

Theme ready Google apps zip

This zip ONLY includes:
GooglePlus
GoogleApp
Gmail
YouTube "Made by @Train88 "
Playstore
Hangouts "Made by OP @daveyannihilation "
GooglePhotos

"NOTE FLASH AT OWN RISK!!!!!!"
Link to goodies:

TeamBlackOut updater:
http://bit.ly/1OcThZg

New home of Theme Ready Google apps! All zips including Aroma

url]

Themers:
We did all the hard work, your job is easy...we tried to make it easy by using existing colors and only added a few additional colors. Suppoting this and stock should be a breeze.

Tip: Use a neutral text colors like #ff777777 as text so it will work on black and white bg's..
Tip2: Decompile and diffmerge with stock of the same version and learn what we changed and why. See the additional colors you need to add as well. Best way to learn and keep up with updates like we do.

Theme Users:
1. Backup your setup
2. Uninstall updates from playstore to use system versions for now!
3. Flash the zip in recovery
4. Apply your favorite theme that has inverted these apps
5. Reboot again just in case
6. Enjoy fully themed apps

Enjoy,

DJ

Last edited:

Train88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
Ok guys, I had a few requests for a github repo of the theme ready edits, and I finally did it. There is no reason to upload arm64 BC the only difference is it's libs.

Please note, I may not be able to keep up with it. It took longer for me to upload it to github than it takes me to edit and rebuild it lol

LAYERS THEMERS IF YOU NEED SOMETHING ADDITIONAL EXPOSED LET ME KNOW VIA PM OR HANGOUTS! I know appcompat kinda stuff can't be touched, but I don't always think about that when I'm in the zone...

Last edited:

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive RC & RT
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
Latest Theme Ready Google Apps zips

Latest Theme Ready Google Apps zips!

The single Theme Ready v33.6 zip and the individual zips include:

(* denotes an updated app)

• GBoard 6.1.71.149620197
  • Gmail 7.7.2.161723286 *
  • Google App 7.6.17.21 *
  • Google Plus 9.16.0.161249129 *
  • Hangouts 18.0.150813355
  • Play Store 8.0.26.R *
  • YouTube 12.23.60 *

"FLASH AT OWN RISK!!!!!! ONLY ON ANDROID 5.0+ ROMS!!!!!"

IMPORTANT STEPS!
1. BACKUP YOUR ROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Flash the zip in recovery, choosing the apps that you want to install and reboot
3. Apply your favourite theme that has inverted these apps
4. Reboot again just in case
5. Enjoy fully themed apps

Link to goodies:

Team Black Out Updater

Team Black Out Website

They can also be downloaded from the Dirty Unicorns Updater App!

0133efac244922f39bdbd26b386c47d5.jpg
09be9a620e58554bb1b412ee00b7ea19.jpg

New home of Theme Ready Google Apps zips

Enjoy,

Dave

Last edited:

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA
THEMEABLE HANGOUTS

G'Day xda,

This is a project to enable Hangouts to be fully themeable. As some of you may or may not know, as Hangouts is from Google it has a lot of hard coded text colours and backgrounds which makes it a big headache for themers to do their thing. I have successfully remade the app so that all of the hard coded items are now calling on resources from within /res/values/colors.xml and /res/values/styles.xml which renders everything themeable using Layers or CyanogenMod's Theme Engine. This has been done for both 5.0.x and also 5.1.x ROMs.

THEMERS
If you have already themed normal Hangouts using either Layers or CyanogenMod's Theme Engine, then you will need to add the following code into each xml:

/res/values/colors.xml
PHP:
    <color name="send_from_text_color">@color/quantum_googgreen700</color>    <color name="primary_text_color">#ff000000</color>    <color name="account_list_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="action_sheet_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="separator_background_color">#ffaaaaaa</color>    <color name="audience_view_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="audience_view_text_color">#de000000</color>    <color name="call_contact_text_color">#ff272727</color>    <color name="call_contact_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="make_phone_call_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="phone_list_title_text_color">#ffc6c6c6</color>    <color name="phone_list_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="selected_tab_background_color">#ffc6c6c6</color>    <color name="compose_message_text_color">#ffadadad</color>    <color name="contact_detail_text_color">#ff000000</color>    <color name="contact_detail_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="conversation_subject_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="resend_buttons_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="content_background_color">#ffaaaaaa</color>    <color name="conversation_debug_background_color">#ffffefa8</color>    <color name="divider_background_color">#26000000</color>    <color name="country_text_color">#ff000000</color>    <color name="hidden_contacts_background_color">#66ffffff</color>    <color name="hidden_name_background_color">#9a000000</color>    <color name="invitation_name_text_color">#ff1d1d1d</color>    <color name="invitation_conversation_background_color">#ffeeeeee</color>    <color name="navigation_drawer_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="secondary_text_color">#de000000</color>    <color name="status_button_text_color">@color/primary</color>    <color name="sticker_album_background_color">#ffe0e0e0</color>    <color name="sticker_grid_background_color">#ffa0a0a0</color>    <color name="widget_account_background_color">#ffffffff</color>    <color name="widget_header_background_color">@color/quantum_googgreen700</color>    <color name="widget_unread_text_color">#ff777777</color>    <color name="chat_message_text_color">#ff303030</color>

/res/values/styles.xml
PHP:
    <style name="TextAppearance.Medium" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance.Medium.Inverse" />    <style name="TextAppearance.Small" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance.Small.Inverse" />    <style name="Themeable.Hangouts" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light.Dialog" />

GAPPS COMPILERS
I am more than happy for GApps compilers to include these apps in their GApps packages, a little credit would be much appreciated but not expected.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download the correct zip for your version of Android
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Install the zip you have downloaded
  4. Reboot and enjoy (and theme it!)

Below are links to the flashable zips which need to be installed via a custom recovery (i.e. TWRP or CWM) and each one is labelled for the version of Android which you are on. Please DO NOT flash a zip from a different version of Android, I will not be held accountable should you flash and the world ends.

DOWNLOADS
Themeable Hangouts for 5.0.x

Themeable Hangouts for 5.1.x

If you would like to see all the changes that were made, please feel free to visit my Github for Themeable Hangouts 5.0.x and Themeable Hangouts 5.1.x

Any questions or suggestions please feel free to reply to the thread or send me a PM or even email me davidwilson1683@gmail.com

THANKS
There were a few awesome people who helped me to achieve this, and without their help it wouldn't be possible. They are:
@dankoman
@dwitherell
@cerj
@micmars
@Surge1223
@djdarkknight96
@USAN03

If I have missed you then I am truly sorry, please let me know and I will add you to the list

Thanks and happy flashing,

Dave

Themeable Hangouts for Layers/CMTE, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
daveyannihilation
Source Code: https://github.com/daveyannihilation

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-20

Created 2015-05-20
Last Updated 2015-05-20
Does this work with xposed?

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
Awesome! so many things are locked up in areas TE can't touch so we do what we can....which works but isn't nearly as good as it could be! Thank you !

Reactions: davidwilson83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ForumTBOmain.jpg

THEME READY GOOGLE APPS

ALL THEME READY GOOGLE APPS ZIPS CAN BE FOUND IN THE TEAM BLACKOUT UPDATER WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE:
    TEAM BLACKOUT UPDATER AS WELL AS ON OUR WEBSITE HERE: TEAM BLACKOUT WEBSITE

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL!

This post: About the project & F.A.Q.
    2nd post: Theme Ready Google Apps zip and information by djdarkknight96!
    3rd post: Theme Ready YouTube Github source code by Train88!
    4th post: Theme Ready Google Apps zip information

ABOUT THE PROJECT

A little background information on the how and the why. As they come from the all powerful GoOgle, a lot of apps aren't made with themes in mind. Items like text and background colours are hard coded in layout xmls, certain styles which can't be edited and also that horrible section of a decompiled app known as smali (how I loathe thee). The apps which are Theme Ready have redirected all of those hard coded items and have made them call on different resources within each app that can be modified in themes, both CMTE and Substratum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

F.A.Q.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK US FOR ETAS - UPDATES WILL BE DONE WHEN WE ARE ABLE TO

Q: I have flashed the Theme Ready zip but my (insert app name here) is still not themed correctly?
    A: It may be that the app has been automatically updated from the Play Store. On your phone open the Play Store app and go to the app which you have flashed a Theme Ready version of. If you see a big UNINSTALL button then click it to uninstall the app. Then in the top right of your screen, click on the 3 dot menu and uncheck Auto-update then do a full reboot of your phone.

Q: Where in my flashing process should I flash the Theme Ready zip?
    A: Always AFTER you flash the normal Gapps zip. So I usually flash ROM then Gapps then Theme Ready (then whatever other zips I need to).

Q: There has been an update for (insert app name here). Will you be updating the Theme Ready version?
    A: If the app has been done by us then there is a good chance that we know about the update (the beauty of Pushbullet :highfive:) and we will get to making it Theme Ready when the correct version is released. You see, if we pick the wrong version then half of the users will see an update in the Play Store when really we have done the latest version. That is of course if we don't get shafted by El GoOg as they have done to some apps like Google Contacts and Messenger, then we can't touch them without the app crashing and there will not be an update.

Q: When will the new version of (insert app name here) be ready?
    A: No later than is necessary to make sure that it is working and able to be themed correctly. Please don't ask us for ETAs, it is just disrespectful.

Q: Could you please add (insert app name here) to your repertoire of Theme Ready apps?
    A: More than likely not. Google bombards us with constant updates to some of their apps, and these minor incremental updates take time. On top of that, we have our themes that we maintain and also lives which need to be lived, so unfortunately the answer is no. If we come across an app that we deem fit to add in the future then we will do so, but requests are unnecessary and will more than likely be met with an answer of 'No'.

Q: I flashed this zip and my apps still look like stock?
    A: You need to install a theme to work with these apps, they will look the same as stock when no theme is applied.

Theme Ready Google Apps for CMTE/Substratum, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    daveyannihilation, djdarkknight96, Train88
    Source Code: https://github.com/ThemeReady

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 33.6
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-19

Created 2015-05-20
    Last Updated 2017-07-19
    "Gmail - Google+ - Playstore - Hangouts - Google App -Google Photos- YouTube Theme READY!!"
    NOT A GAPPS ZIP

Theme ready Google apps zip

This zip ONLY includes:
    GooglePlus
    GoogleApp
    Gmail
    YouTube "Made by @Train88 "
    Playstore
    Hangouts "Made by OP @daveyannihilation "
    GooglePhotos

"NOTE FLASH AT OWN RISK!!!!!!"
    Link to goodies:

TeamBlackOut updater:
    http://bit.ly/1OcThZg

New home of Theme Ready Google apps! All zips including Aroma

url]

Themers:
    We did all the hard work, your job is easy...we tried to make it easy by using existing colors and only added a few additional colors. Suppoting this and stock should be a breeze.

Tip: Use a neutral text colors like #ff777777 as text so it will work on black and white bg's..
    Tip2: Decompile and diffmerge with stock of the same version and learn what we changed and why. See the additional colors you need to add as well. Best way to learn and keep up with updates like we do.

Theme Users:
    1. Backup your setup
    2. Uninstall updates from playstore to use system versions for now!
    3. Flash the zip in recovery
    4. Apply your favorite theme that has inverted these apps
    5. Reboot again just in case
    6. Enjoy fully themed apps

Enjoy,

DJ

Latest Theme Ready Google Apps zips

Latest Theme Ready Google Apps zips!

The single Theme Ready v33.6 zip and the individual zips include:

• GBoard 6.1.71.149620197
    • Gmail 7.7.2.161723286 *
    • Google App 7.6.17.21 *
    • Google Plus 9.16.0.161249129 *
    • Hangouts 18.0.150813355
    • Play Store 8.0.26.R *
    • YouTube 12.23.60 *

"FLASH AT OWN RISK!!!!!! ONLY ON ANDROID 5.0+ ROMS!!!!!"

IMPORTANT STEPS!
    1. BACKUP YOUR ROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Flash the zip in recovery, choosing the apps that you want to install and reboot
    3. Apply your favourite theme that has inverted these apps
    4. Reboot again just in case
    5. Enjoy fully themed apps

Link to goodies:

Team Black Out Updater

Team Black Out Website

They can also be downloaded from the Dirty Unicorns Updater App!

0133efac244922f39bdbd26b386c47d5.jpg
    09be9a620e58554bb1b412ee00b7ea19.jpg

New home of Theme Ready Google Apps zips

Enjoy,

Dave
    Happy Holidays

Well it's that time of year again where we go on our (much needed) break to spend the holiday period with our families and friends. We would like to thank all of you for supporting us throughout the year, bearing with us when El GoOg decides to bombard us with update after update after update and for continuing to show that properly themed apps matter.

Have a very happy holiday season, including a very very BLACK themed Xmas, and we will see you again on January 3rd.

Thanks and all the best,

Team Black Out
    Just in time for Happy Friday...

Theme Ready v24.0 zips include:

Gmail 6.9.134426830 *
    Google App 6.5.31.21 *
    Google Contacts 1.5.16 (only in Aroma)
    Google Dialer 4.0.12 (only in Aroma)
    Google Plus 8.8.0.134118349 *
    Hangouts 12.0.130004787
    Photos 2.1.0.134414946 *