[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
What version are they using for 2.3.4, I thought it was still 2.6.35?

I haven't seen a diff of the new initramfs yet, but if they didn't do any major changes there is a good possibility this will work with 2.3.4.

-x

To be honest I have not looked deep yet. I know that any kernel for the captivate that you try to flash to it get a too big error with CWM and odin.

know8677

Dec 23, 2010
OK. Don't blast me here because I know there's an answer to this question but I can't find it.

I just went to Mosaic 3. I want BLN to work. I believe flashed the correct kernel for this:
"vG.x.x_novoo.tar = standard kernel, installed with ODIN, includes BLN, no voodoo lagfix"

BLN control says I don't have the correct kernal mod installed.

I've seen something about a services.jar previously, the OP doesn't mention it anymore. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with that anyway.

Any help?

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Shoes can also prove deadly. See infuze commercial.

Sent from my 2.3.3 Ext4 Fresh Ginger Blue equipped Samsung Captivate. Yea I get 2000+ on quadrant. Yea ive pulled 5.17 mbps down from a tower. I appreciate XDA helping me turn this phone into a beast.

blutruck

Apr 1, 2007
OK. Don't blast me here because I know there's an answer to this question but I can't find it.

I just went to Mosaic 3. I want BLN to work. I believe flashed the correct kernel for this:
"vG.x.x_novoo.tar = standard kernel, installed with ODIN, includes BLN, no voodoo lagfix"

BLN control says I don't have the correct kernal mod installed.

I've seen something about a services.jar previously, the OP doesn't mention it anymore. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with that anyway.

Any help?

If you're using Mosaic 3 you can download this and install through CWM. I've done it that way and BLN works fine. This will install the kernal that has lagfix enabled.

existz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
Kentucky
What version are they using for 2.3.4, I thought it was still 2.6.35?

I haven't seen a diff of the new initramfs yet, but if they didn't do any major changes there is a good possibility this will work with 2.3.4.

-x

You are correct, the source we have now will work with 2.3.4, I haven't looked at the initramfs diff yet either, but I did use the stock jvp initramfs on my kernel and it does work.. so initramfs changes is all that's needed .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Last edited:

majinzen

Jul 25, 2010
Well... JVH with bln doesn't work with JVP unfortunately. Tried all day to no avail. Have had to use darky's kernel for now. Hope we get a JVP soon but, obviously, at your convenience is soon enough for me.

no clue

Oct 20, 2008
Bellevue
Well... JVH with bln doesn't work with JVP unfortunately. Tried all day to no avail. Have had to use darky's kernel for now. Hope we get a JVP soon but, obviously, at your convenience is soon enough for me.

+1.

Unfortunately, I only trust xcaliburinhand!!!!
So I will wait till your magic patch before upgrading to 2.3.4.

ChanceM

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 26, 2010
Marina
As much as I like Talon, Xcal's kernel just feels more refined and smoother for some reason despite not having as many features and as much RAM as Talon.

if you want the additional ram you can try the kernel in the Serendipity VII thread. Its based off Xcals with a few additional mods. Xcal didnt mean to hijack your thread just offing a solution. I will remove this post if you wish.

ChanceM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts