Oct 3, 2009
Seattle
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Bloatless FroyoZone

Based on - CM6 RC3

**** PLEASE READ EVERYTHING ****

**** I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR NEGATIVE OUTCOMES - USE AT OWN RISK!******

Cyanogen's Pre-Req's Remain for this ROM

After reading the Barbones wiki - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones, I decided that I a better froyo experince could be had if I removed what I didn't/never use.

This is my first ROM modification that I'm posting (I've modded roms before but kept em to myself due to adding paid apps into the base build). Most of the questions that are to be had here, have already been answered in other threads (use the search button!)

This is not meant to be used by n00bs!
This is meant for advanced androiders that know what they're doing and how android works. So questions about how to do this and that, why is this and that, will not be answered (as I said before, already been answered in other threads, so stop being lazy and look for it).

Any other questions are fine though. :)

The following has been removed from the 8/14/2010 nightly build:
(This is all to my preferences; Fully Tested on my MT3G. Should work on G1 but I don't own one, so a G1 tester confirmation would be helpful)

If options you need were removed, so what, download another ROM and GAPPS package.

---TO INSTALL---
Do you really need to know how to do this? This is just a mod.

RECOMMENDATIONS -

System Recommendations:
CM Parts:
- Dithering Off
- JIT Off
- No CompCache
- Lock Home in Memory
- No Apps2SD (I have a MT3G, so it's not needed at all. G1 users would probably need it, but search the forums for that answer since I don't have a G1)

Spare Parts:
-Animations: Fast or Off

Stock Settings:
-Privacy settings - Back up my data - Off

Market - Downloads - Notifications: Off

Patches/Scripts/Etc.
(consult OP's in respective threads for questions (read the whole damn thing first before asking!))

Firerat's 'all in one' patch file -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=679572
(I only used the Swap and Remount scripts)

Firerat's Custom MTD Partitions -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=717874
(My setup: 130/2)

Recommended Apps (Find in Market, not included)
-SetCpu - Screen On - Max:576/Min:352 - Screen Off - Max:245/Min:245 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419
-PowerStrip (Added multitasking abilties)
-SUFBS (Used to explore root files)
-Better Terminal Emulator Pro
-Droid Wall (Blocking unwanted listeners helps performance)
-Autostarts (Allows you to diasble apps from starting on boot)
-CacheMate for Root Users
-Battery Indicator Pro (never use the batter display in CMParts)
-Watchdog (After doing much reading about task killing on Android (no for auto/manual killers), this app just warns you of out of control apps and ask if you want to kill it. Instead of randomly killing everything.)
-Titanium Backup Donate (for automated app restorations)
-Tasker (Automate phone functions)

-LauncherPro (smoother than ADW):
Settings recommendations
General:
Keep in memory - Yes

Homescreen:
Number of screens - 3

Dock Settings:
Number of docks - 1

Behavior Settings:
Enable Auto Rotation - Off
Home Key Action - Open/Close previews
Home key to default acreen - Yes

Apperance Settings:
Hide Icon Labels - Yes

Advanced Settings:
- Memory Usage Settings:
-Memory Usage Preset: Moderate
-Use Homescreen Cache - Yes (Compressed Cache type)
-Build Cache as needed - Yes
-Prevent Force Closes - Yes
-5 Icon rows in homescreen - Yes
-Stretch 4 row widgets - Yes
-Elastic Scrolling - No
-Minimum Scrolling Speed - 100
-3D drawer - Off
-Drawer Colums portrait - 5
Drawer Colums portrait - 6
-App drawer opening speed - 7
-Screen previews opening speed - 7

Other recommendations
Reduce number of widgets used (I only use the power settings widget)

***Using the above apps and recommendations, my phone flies and I never have a FC or slowdown. Play around with it and see what you get since every phone's processor varies slightly***

Credits:
Cyanogen and everyone who built CM6
Firerat for his patches and scripts (lbcoder and maximsa for discovering)
coolbho3000 for SetCpu
MasterBaron for Toggle 2G
XDA Community for providing all the info
Others I can't think of right now...

----Downloads----
FroyoZone v1.2 (no wipe):http://www.mediafire.com/?dudmt1rgt1dp8nd
GAPPS (new):http://www.mediafire.com/?87alsi7r2iisnci

Last edited:

Ozonethegreat

Oct 3, 2009
Seattle
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Changelog

V1.2
CM6 stable base
Added Android2Cloud and ChrometoPhone apps to GAPPS Package
Updated Google Search Box and Voice Search to GAPPS Package
Swapper2, wifi status, and toggle2g(updated - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739530) added to /system/app
Updated DeskClock to run in Voice Search ("Set alarm voice actions) thanks to Zapote21 - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7844927&postcount=24
Updated Talkback app from market
Modified build.prop for HSPA+ speeds
Modified hosts file for automatic ad blocking (no need for adfree from market anymore!)

V1.1
CM6 RC3 base
Replaced vanilla donut based launcher with vanilla Froyo launcher
Removed stk from /system/app

V1

Version 1
---ROM removals---
=ADWLauncher - (Replaced with vanilla launcher for performance;
If you want LauncherPro or ADWLauncher, go download it since they're constantly being updated)
=Calculator (I have a real calculator!)
=Development.apk (I never use this)
=Email.apk (I stick with GMail for it's push services; POP3/IMAP polling kills the battery)
=Gallery3D (Replaced with 2D Gallery; 3D Gallery is too slow and buggy for me)
=LiveWallpaperPicker (Live Wallpapers are not designed for D/S hardware)
=Music.apk (Better options in the market; don't use my phone for music for batttery conversation)
=Protips.apk (Who cares about this!?!? I sure don't!)
=RomManager.apk (Rom Manager has been updated a few times and the CM version is now old)
=SoundRecorder.apk (The icon is ugly and plain; pick your own recorder from the market)
=SpeechRecorder.apk (Same as above)
=term.apk (I prefer to use Better Terminal Emulator Pro, no use in having two terminal apps)
=voicedialer.apk (I never use this since I'm never driving or using a bluetooth headset)
=vpnservices.apk (I never use this)
=All ringtones and notification (one stayed -Drip) sounds (I use my own/removed for system space)

---ROM Additions--
Toggle 2G

---GAPPS Removals---
=Amazon MP3 (Because I never use the music app, why would I keep this?)
=GenieWidget.apk (Constantly running in background, no matter what I try. I use the browser to keep up on news and weather anyway)
=googlevoice.apk (Updated version in Market; would rather have user control of updating)
=VoiceSearch.apk (Removed to update to Market version)
=Maps (Newer version in market)

Last edited:

Ozonethegreat

Oct 3, 2009
Seattle
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
-----

To Do List
Add theme options
Integrate Firerat's AutoMTD patcher
Create setup script to allow user choice of launcher (with market links) and other options
Add pershoot's overclocking kernel
Start building from source

Last edited:

Six6Sicks

Apr 24, 2009
(666)
Still trying to figure out why this is "Advanced Users Only".

Flash ROM, use it.

Not so advanced, but good work I guess. :confused:

bkrill

Oct 24, 2009
Phoenix
I think when he says that he means if you have to ask questions on how to set it up or how to fix your bootloop (when you prolly just forgot to wipe) don't install. He doesn't want to have to walk every person who doesn't understand how to set up swap or how to remove or add app through the processes. And i totally agree with him. Many rom pages get cluttered (over 200 pages) with a bunch of useless crap like how much swap people or using when they should be posting logcats or reporting problems. Much stuff like setups vary on what and how the user uses the phone for. So the chance of one person set up will prolly only work about 5% of the time. See even this post is useless but you asked so i answered. Again this is my opinion on why he said that.

Ozonethegreat

Oct 3, 2009
Seattle
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I think when he says that he means if you have to ask questions on how to set it up or how to fix your bootloop (when you prolly just forgot to wipe) don't install. He doesn't want to have to walk every person who doesn't understand how to set up swap or how to remove or add app through the processes. And i totally agree with him. Many rom pages get cluttered (over 200 pages) with a bunch of useless crap like how much swap people or using when they should be posting logcats or reporting problems. Much stuff like setups vary on what and how the user uses the phone for. So the chance of one person set up will prolly only work about 5% of the time. See even this post is useless but you asked so i answered. Again this is my opinion on why he said that.

If my head had a nail stuck on top of it, you've just hit it! :D

xyrcncp

Feb 2, 2009
D.C. Metro
I would like to say, good work on this. I gave it a try yesterday since I had been running CM5 for a while (after an attempt to smoothly run CM6) on my G1. It was good until apps2sd was needed via Firerat's scripts. The phone was super sluggish and I was basically back to the same experience with my first try at CM6. This was after a full wipe and fresh SD card. I think I'll hold off on 2.2 until I change devices, but again, good work :)