Which Ultra-Slim Case Has the Tallest Lip?

Search This thread

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
I'm looking for an ultra-slim case that has the tallest lip to protect the display. I'd like to add a Glas.t screen protector, but that adds to the screen's height.

The choices so far are the Rearth Ringke Slim, the Elago Slim, and the Incipio Feather. From what I've read, the Elago may be the best choice. Can anyone who's tried all of these weigh in?

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
I had the elago but returned it. It didn't have a lip. It also only had three corners protected because one is open for the intl radio.
Also, the top and bottom were 'open' and where I put my pinky finger to cradle the phone one handed hit the case funny.
I'm still carrying naked but ordered a cheap one off amazon

I'll get that Tuesday and report back

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
It seems like most of the tpu cases have a lip to protect the screen. What's the thinnest tpu case? I've seen the 0.2mm one on ebay, but it' does not have a lip.

rkcarter12

Aug 14, 2008
Ringke SLIM

Has a small lip across the top and bottom of the case. Minimal bulk, with just enough lip to keep it off a flat surface. Coupled with the screen protector it comes with, it's good protection for laying it face down on most surfaces.

Elago OK!

Saw the earlier feedback, but for what it's worth... my Elago G4 slim has allowed my device to survive four (!) drops so far. I'm very pleased with it, and especially like the feel and "grip-ability" of the case.... which was NOT related to my drops (instead, these were due to my overly "friendly" DOG!... LOL).

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
From reading other posts, it seems that the Elago has a taller lip than the Incipio, but I haven't read or seen a direct comparison of the Elago and the Rearth. I have read that the Rearth is thinner/lighter than the Elago, but you can tell that the Elago's lip covers more surface area around the display (top & bottom vs both sides).

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
6c5dafb5-7f01-2524.jpg

6c5dafb5-7f17-b901.jpg

6c5dafb5-7f27-7954.jpg

It seems like most of the tpu cases have a lip to protect the screen. What's the thinnest tpu case? I've seen the 0.2mm one on ebay, but it' does not have a lip.

Just ordered this one in clear/white. The pics looked like it had a lip. I should get it tomorrow. It better have a lip or it's goin back. Just looking for some grip. Not expecting any protection. I'll report back when received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
I ordered that one in black, too. It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but I don't think it has a lip. But for $2.99, I'll keep it anyway.

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
I ordered that one in black, too. It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but I don't think it has a lip. But for $2.99, I'll keep it anyway.

I agree. Thought it did til I took a second look at it. Like you said, for 3 bucks......I'll keep it.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Diztronic tpu case is what I'm using. Its fantastic. Thin, light and protects all edges aand all holes line up perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
No Lip Service..

ep3608-lip_bomb.jpg

Just ordered this one in clear/white. The pics looked like it had a lip. I should get it tomorrow. It better have a lip or it's goin back. Just looking for some grip. Not expecting any protection. I'll report back when received.

I agree. Thought it did til I took a second look at it. Like you said, for 3 bucks......I'll keep it.

It does not have a lip what so ever, it snaps/clips to the "chrome" accent around the phone and leaves the plastic bezel surrounding the screen vulnerable and exposed.

EDIT: I also had to enlarge the top noise cancelling mic hole as it was cut slightly too much to the left and blocked it.

SOURCE: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24941194&postcount=107

Attachments

• WP_000013.jpg
    WP_000013.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 251
  • WP_000014.jpg
    WP_000014.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 242
  • WP_000015.jpg
    WP_000015.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 243
  • WP_000016.jpg
    WP_000016.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 226
  • WP_000006.jpg
    WP_000006.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 234
  • WP_000007.jpg
    WP_000007.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 216
  • WP_000009.jpg
    WP_000009.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
of course it doesn't. Oh well. Really like the note naked anyway. Been without a case for a couple days and I'm really getting used to the feel. Does it at least add some grip? Btw...love how At&t made sure to have a cut out for their logo on that screen protector!

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
of course it doesn't. Oh well. Really like the note naked anyway. Been without a case for a couple days and I'm really getting used to the feel. Does it at least add some grip? Btw...love how At&t made sure to have a cut out for their logo on that screen protector!

Yes it adds a grainy grip, but it also feels slippery after using the phone with a gel TPU case. If that makes sense ;)

I would have not really chosen that screen protector, but it came already installed on the phone. Never look a gift horse in the mouth :p

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Just got the case(or lack there of). Really like how you can barely tell it's there. It offers no protection whatsoever, but I do like the feel. The fit is almost perfect(just a little off on the top). It also hides the rocker buttons from my wandering fingers, so that's nice. I'm hoping the grip gets better with time and not worse...we will see. At least it was only 3 bucks.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
The matte black looks cool. However, is it just matte on the back and glossy on the front lip?

Yup. It actually works quite well appearance wise. The gloss actually provides some grip to it around the edges while the matte backing allows the phone to slip in and out of pockets seemlessly.

Budge

Dec 4, 2006
Somewhere in Texas
Yup. It actually works quite well appearance wise. The gloss actually provides some grip to it around the edges while the matte backing allows the phone to slip in and out of pockets seemlessly.

From pictures, it looks like this case is at least twice as thick as the Elago Slim or the the Rearth. You can zoom into the pictures on Amazon and look at the area around the camera lens on the back of the phone. It's not a perfect method, but it does help to show how much bulk a case is going to add.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
From pictures, it looks like this case is at least twice as thick as the Elago Slim or the the Rearth. You can zoom into the pictures on Amazon and look at the area around the camera lens on the back of the phone. It's not a perfect method, but it does help to show how much bulk a case is going to add.

There's the pic. Most of the bulk is really around the lip to protect the phone. I love it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334936109413.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334936109413.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: Product F(RED)

Top Liked Posts