[APP][ROOT][FREE] Kernel Tweaker Beta

Search This thread

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
Hi guys! :)
i've made a simple app to manage various kernel parameters and i've also added some useful features that will help you with your "flashing mania" :D

Latest version of the app supports MOAR devices! :D

- Nexus 5 (O'RLY?!) :sly:
- Htc One
- Htc One X
- Htc One X+
- Galaxy Nexus
- Nexus 4
- Moto X
- Moto G
- Galaxy S4/S3/S2
- Galaxy Note 1/2/3
- Xperia Z1 / Z / Z Ultra
- LG G2
- LG G Flex

Follow the project on Google+ to get updates: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800

yFQI8.png

FEATURES

GENERAL
  • LongPress one item to display the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to set on boot and hit the heart icon

CPU Tuning
  • Cpu Max frequency
  • Cpu Min frequency
  • Governor
  • CpuQuiet
  • Governor fine tuning : manage every single paramenter of your preferred governor

GPU Tuning
  • Gpu Max frequency
  • Other Gpu Parameters if available

UnderVolt Table
  • Supports uv_mv_table and vdd_table
  • Batch undervolting
  • Single frequency voltage editing

Kernel specific values
  • I/O Scheduler
  • Read Ahead size
  • Tune Scheduler parameters
  • TCP Congestion control
  • Toggle Fast Charge
  • Toggle Fsync
  • DoubleTap 2 Wake
  • Sweep 2 Wake
  • Sweep 2 Sleep
  • Vibration intensity

Low Memory Killer
  • Tweak native android task killer

Review Items
  • a list that contains all values that will be applied on boot! You can also edit values from this tab ;)
  • Longpress one item to shoe the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to Delete and hit the trash icon!

Simple File Explorer
  • Install Boot.img
  • install Recovery.img
  • Flash package

Backup
  • Backup Boot.img
  • Backup Recovery.img
  • swipe item on left/right to delete backup

Recovery Actions
ONLY TWRP RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED!
  • Create a custom editable list of commands
  • Wipe Cache
  • Wipe Dalvik cache
  • Wipe Data
  • Install package
  • Nandroid Backup
  • Add and reorder commands as you wish, then hit the reboot button and take a coffee, your commands will be executed automatically and device will reboot automatically
  • Drag and drop and item to reorder
  • Swipe to the left/right, to delete command ;)

PERMISSIONS EXPLANATION:
  • Read/Write SD-Card : Needed for File Explorer and Backup tools
  • Access SuperUser : to apply selected values
  • Access Network : Needed for Google Analytics stuff ( to track crashes and errors)
  • Receive Boot Completed : To apply your selected values when you reboot the device!

CREDITS:
KernelTweaker uses some OpenSource classes and xmls from:
AOKP : https://github.com/AOKP
OMNI: https://github.com/omnirom/
and SlidingMenu library from jfeinstein10: https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu/

Latest versions moved from beta to public!!!
(click on the image or the link to find it on PlayStore! )
If you like the app please rate it on PlayStore! i will keep it updated as best as i can! :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsht.kerneltweaker

:D

The application is already on PlayStore as BETA, so you need to join the community on Google Plus at this Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800
Then join the Beta program! :)

Kernel Tweaker will be always free and without ads, and i will add as more features as i can!
if you have suggestions, ideas or you find a bug, please post here or on G+ community! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-34.png
    224 KB · Views: 13,400
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-42.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-42.png
    137 KB · Views: 12,001
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-49.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-49.png
    85 KB · Views: 11,430
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-26-56.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 10,128
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-03.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-03.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 9,613
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-09.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 9,903
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-24.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 9,390
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-59.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-27-59.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 9,000
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-28-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-28-07.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 8,867
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-28-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-28-40.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 8,413
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-29-30.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-29-30.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 8,372
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-00.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 8,196
  • Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-08.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-08.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 8,067
Last edited:

mr.r9

Oct 8, 2006
Thanks guys :)
let me know if you like it or if you have ideas, i will add these to the app :)

i'm now working on small bug fixes then i will add profiles and profiles export so you can remotely save your values :)

I can test future alpha releases if you want but for now, I keep getting a 404 error on G+ so can you please post the APK?

Last edited:

adio01

Mar 20, 2011
Minneapolis
Thanks guys :)
let me know if you like it or if you have ideas, i will add these to the app :)

i'm now working on small bug fixes then i will add profiles and profiles export so you can remotely save your values :)

Wow this is amazing. I like it way better then the Franco.Kernel app glad I didn't pay for that. Any place I can donate? :good:

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
Wow this is amazing. I like it way better then the Franco.Kernel app glad I didn't pay for that. Any place I can donate? :good:

I don't want people thinks this is a way to not pay an app :p
FKU, as like fauxclock, are awesome apps and i think are another way to say thanks for their work on kernels :)
Without our kernel developers these tuning apps have no reason to exist :)

i have made this app just for fun, after over an year learning Android programming. I don't ask for donations, but if you want to do it, use the button under my avatar :)

Last edited:

shogun656

Aug 20, 2013
Nice app I really like it, just one thing and this is me nitpicking, when I go change something like my max CPU frequency, can have a filled circle on the option we are already on and instead of showing the number as 300000, can u show it as 300 MHz, I think that will make the ui look a little bit cleaner overall

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: OptimusVDarwin

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
Nice app I really like it, just one thing and this is me nitpicking, when I go change something like my max CPU frequency, can have a filled circle on the option we are already on and instead of showing the number as 300000, can u show it as 300 MHz, I think that will make the ui look a little bit cleaner overall

Sent from my Nexus 5

yep, i'm working on frequencies conversion and fixing some View's "bugs" as i'm using custom classes :)

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
V 1.0.10 published on Beta channel :D

- Fixed List selection
- Frequencies list in Mhz
- Fixed values apply if the values are set on boot
- Fixed "empty view" color

TODO:

- sysctl tuning
- save/export/import profiles (in case you need to completely erase you device, i will also add sharing to cloud )

i think i will move this version to Public release until tomorrow :D

if you have other ideas or you want features i forgot, please tell me :)

Last edited:

HTCore

Dec 12, 2004
LA
I just installed and playing with it. It does have most functions that I need and well ...it is free!

Great work, thanks a lot.

Reactions: xcesco89

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
I'm glad to see this app really useful for Nexus 5 :) i read the description on Google Play and i'll patiently wait support for other devices :D i have only a question: Nexus 4 can be in your list? :D

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
I'm glad to see this app really useful for Nexus 5 :) i read the description on Google Play and i'll patiently wait support for other devices :D i have only a question: Nexus 4 can be in your list? :D

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2

I think I can extend support to nexus 4 but the only way I have to track issues is with Google analytics because I don't have that device :p

You can try the version attached to the OP on N4 and tell me if it works or something is broke :)
Not that some features could not show due to file path changes on kernel :p

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jacomail95

shogun656

Aug 20, 2013
So every time I try changing my max cpu frequency to something higher than 2.26 the app force closes and I'm using elemental x kernel so my kernel is able to over clock, but it allows my to under clock. Oh and BTW, great app, I really like it

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: xcesco89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! :)
    i've made a simple app to manage various kernel parameters and i've also added some useful features that will help you with your "flashing mania" :D

Latest version of the app supports MOAR devices! :D

- Nexus 5 (O'RLY?!) :sly:
    - Htc One
    - Htc One X
    - Htc One X+
    - Galaxy Nexus
    - Nexus 4
    - Moto X
    - Moto G
    - Galaxy S4/S3/S2
    - Galaxy Note 1/2/3
    - Xperia Z1 / Z / Z Ultra
    - LG G2
    - LG G Flex

Follow the project on Google+ to get updates: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800

yFQI8.png

FEATURES

GENERAL
    • LongPress one item to display the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to set on boot and hit the heart icon

CPU Tuning
    • Cpu Max frequency
    • Cpu Min frequency
    • Governor
    • CpuQuiet
    • Governor fine tuning : manage every single paramenter of your preferred governor

GPU Tuning
    • Gpu Max frequency
    • Other Gpu Parameters if available

UnderVolt Table
    • Supports uv_mv_table and vdd_table
    • Batch undervolting
    • Single frequency voltage editing

Kernel specific values
    • I/O Scheduler
    • Read Ahead size
    • Tune Scheduler parameters
    • TCP Congestion control
    • Toggle Fast Charge
    • Toggle Fsync
    • DoubleTap 2 Wake
    • Sweep 2 Wake
    • Sweep 2 Sleep
    • Vibration intensity

Low Memory Killer
    • Tweak native android task killer

Review Items
    • a list that contains all values that will be applied on boot! You can also edit values from this tab ;)
    • Longpress one item to shoe the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to Delete and hit the trash icon!

Simple File Explorer
    • Install Boot.img
    • install Recovery.img
    • Flash package

Backup
    • Backup Boot.img
    • Backup Recovery.img
    • swipe item on left/right to delete backup

Recovery Actions
    ONLY TWRP RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED!
    • Create a custom editable list of commands
    • Wipe Cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache
    • Wipe Data
    • Install package
    • Nandroid Backup
    • Add and reorder commands as you wish, then hit the reboot button and take a coffee, your commands will be executed automatically and device will reboot automatically
    • Drag and drop and item to reorder
    • Swipe to the left/right, to delete command ;)

PERMISSIONS EXPLANATION:
    • Read/Write SD-Card : Needed for File Explorer and Backup tools
    • Access SuperUser : to apply selected values
    • Access Network : Needed for Google Analytics stuff ( to track crashes and errors)
    • Receive Boot Completed : To apply your selected values when you reboot the device!

CREDITS:
    KernelTweaker uses some OpenSource classes and xmls from:
    AOKP : https://github.com/AOKP
    OMNI: https://github.com/omnirom/
    and SlidingMenu library from jfeinstein10: https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu/

Latest versions moved from beta to public!!!
    (click on the image or the link to find it on PlayStore! )
    If you like the app please rate it on PlayStore! i will keep it updated as best as i can! :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsht.kerneltweaker

:D

The application is already on PlayStore as BETA, so you need to join the community on Google Plus at this Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800
    Then join the Beta program! :)

Kernel Tweaker will be always free and without ads, and i will add as more features as i can!
    if you have suggestions, ideas or you find a bug, please post here or on G+ community! :)
    Just saying, this guy copys someone else app and then has the balls to post it on the play store, that **** isn't right

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Copied? REALLY?
    Something like 50 classes written with my hands are A COPY?
    Use only custom preferences classes made by me ARE A COPY?
    Use an Open Source Library (SlidingMenu) means my app IS A COPY?

I don't want to start a useless war about this, simply, if you don't like it or if you don't find it useful, don't use it!

Every method implemented it's different from franco's app ( i don't know how he have implemented it's own methods, but surely they are different).

The app it's free on playstore, i don't ask for donations and i don't ask for money. It's a free app, without ads, fully featured. Someone could not like it and i understand it, but if you are here only to tell that my app is a copy of someone's app, please, leave this thread.
    Also, my app will be open-sourced soon.

It's a problem because my app have all the features without pay a cent? it's a problem because i don't force people to buy a pro version to have the features THAT REALLY MATTERS? (this is not specifically related to franco's app, but a lot of apps uses these tricky methods to force users buy a "pro" version).

Open source world gave us something great, so, why i can't give something back to OpenSource world and his users?.

And just to clarify, i have also paid franco's app, simply beacuse he make a great works with kernels and the app it's a must have to keep my device up to date. Nothing more.
    And of course, franco's app it's a great developed app. Every detail it's crafted in a perfect way, from selectors, to menus, views and methods!. And let me tell you that some methods are really special! a simple example: kernel Backup! My app backups the entire partition ( around 22Mb using a simple "dd if= of="), franco's app backups only written blocks of that partition so the backup it's around 6-8Mb ( i have searched and tested for days a way to implement something like that, but without luck).
    And it's just an example to tell you how franco's app it's a masterpiece of code :)

Anyway, for those who are enjoying my app, V 1.2.10.0 was published on PlayStore 1 hour ago. Hope you like it. (G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/LGd8tp9jRzm)
    I guys!
    Sorry but in these weeks i was really busy :p
    The project isn't dead and i'm planning some additions. About playstore incompatibility , i need to enable some other devices i forgot last time :p
    Thanks for any suggestion and feature request i'll add them :)
    I just ask you to be patient and stay tuned , some updates will come really soon :)

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Hi guys !
    I decided to rewrite the app from scratch to make it easier to use and more responsive (and because the old code is a mess :D )

i constantly post updates on the G+ page so you can see the progress in development :)
    All suggestions and help with parameters file paths and applicable values are welcome :)

Screenshots: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/VNmjXL4hWbk
    ScreenRecord preview: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/UgTCrQMBW7n
    -----reserved------:cool: