[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] AICP for Nexus 9 (flounder) WiFi Only

Search This thread

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012

GhQyhHk.png
AICP​
Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
In the beginning we would like to thank:
  • CM team
  • maxwen
  • Thoemy
  • SlimBean rom team
  • CarbonRom team
  • LiquidSmooth rom team
  • Omni rom team
  • DU team
  • teemodk
  • audahadi
  • Community

ISn0uXd.png
  • @LorD ClockaN
  • @zipsnet
  • @n3ocort3x
  • @semdoc
  • @eyosen
  • @alienmind
  • @Chezbel
  • @Drgravy
  • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 10

Official Builds Download link: goo.gl/AfF1C7
Recommended Gapps: opengapps.org

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

b5b2bXK.png

kfCXFCX.png
ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Lollipop. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel github
rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

Kernel Source

Device Tree

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP for Nexus 9 (WiFI Only), ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
joshuabg
Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-01
Last Updated 2017-04-17

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-02--14-11-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-02--14-11-16.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 22,945
  • Screenshot_2015-01-02--14-11-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-02--14-11-32.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 22,632

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
Great. I'll give this a try when I get a chance. I use ACIP regularly on my LG G3. I'm not sure understand your comment about the gapps ("They seem to cause more frequent random reboots"). Should we use them, or some other ones?

I tried those GApps but I got alot of random reboots(More then with no Gapps). Those are the only 64bit Gapps that I know of. If you know any other 64bit Gapps feel free to share.

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
Last edited:

Hiro Nakamura

Aug 1, 2013
I tried those GApps but I got alot of random reboots(More then with no Gapps). Those are the only 64bit Gapps that I know of. If you know any other 64bit Gapps feel free to share.

You can try the 320dpi minimal gapps version here:
http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330
It has armv7 google play services but when you log in to your google account it automatically installs the armv8 google play services version (that takes a while) and after that everything works.
I haven't had any random reboots using pure aosp rom.

Ah and by the way can you list some features of your rom somewhere?

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
OK, another build made. Hopefully bluetooth is fixed on this one. If you want to test it out before I do, PM me and I'll send you the build.

Reactions: Ishwara Sandesh C M

badwiring

Dec 16, 2013
I used it for about three hours of typical use with zero issues, no apps closing. The install hiccuped a little and I had to reboot, once and then it rebooted after I entered my wifi password, but the rest has been smooth sailing.
I rarely use bluetooth - I just turned it on to see what happened. The tablet shut down and then every time I rebooted it would shut down after a few seconds, so I finally wiped it. So I just won't use bluetooth. It's just great to have a new ROM to play with and a last app button.
One weird thing - the first item under "AICP extras" is "various s**t." WTH(eck)?

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
It is currently based off of CM so you have all of those features, There is also various stuff like network speed meter.

Hey man great job with this and thanks so much, quick questions though, does this build any different for a 64bit device than it does for 32 bit? Because if its not much different then I'm going to start CM tonight

EDIT: I apolagize,I am stupid and do not like reading OP's
I am going to start syncing the repos though, if I'm super duper lucky maybe I can get a build by tomorrow, I hope you don't mind if I use some of your resources c:

Also why is SELinux disabled? incompatibility?

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Hey man great job with this and thanks so much, quick questions though, does this build any different for a 64bit device than it does for 32 bit? Because if its not much different then I'm going to start CM tonight

I am going to start syncing the repos though, if I'm super duper lucky maybe I can get a build by tomorrow, I hope you don't mind if I use some of your resources c:

you will find that u will get a fair few errors. One is due to kernel. another is due to dsp manager and there is another. I had been working on the same myself today

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
you will find that u will get a fair few errors. One is due to kernel. another is due to dsp manager and there is another. I had been working on the same myself today

oh i figured, i built omni for my last phone...that was a HUGE pain in the A$$
, i meant if i get reeeeeeally lucky haha, but are you working on CM spcifically?? becaus it would be a waste of an effort to do something twice. need help with yours?(hat is if your doing CM)

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012

oh i figured, i built omni for my last phone...that was a HUGE pain in the A$$
, i meant if i get reeeeeeally lucky haha, but are you working on CM spcifically?? becaus it would be a waste of an effort to do something twice. need help with yours?(hat is if your doing CM)

CM should build build fine with the cm-12.0-prebuilt branch (don't forget to sync device/htc/flounder-kernel) but I'll check it out myself. Alot of my changes I made to get build working I have already submitted and have been merged to CM. But this one has not: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/83064/

To cherry pick (this specific change) change the first line to fit your enviornment
Code:
cd ~/android/cm12/
cd bionic
git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.org/CyanogenMod/android_bionic refs/changes/64/83064/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
I will check this out myself to see if there are any bugs in the build process.

At request I can also post my roomservice.xml

Last edited:
Reactions: joshndroid

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
I used it for about three hours of typical use with zero issues, no apps closing. The install hiccuped a little and I had to reboot, once and then it rebooted after I entered my wifi password, but the rest has been smooth sailing.
I rarely use bluetooth - I just turned it on to see what happened. The tablet shut down and then every time I rebooted it would shut down after a few seconds, so I finally wiped it. So I just won't use bluetooth. It's just great to have a new ROM to play with and a last app button.
One weird thing - the first item under "AICP extras" is "various s**t." WTH(eck)?

Out of interest, What Gapps did you use?

There is are various mods unber "Various ****" like network speed meter.

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Aug 13, 2013
Taunton
www.facebook.com
Any chance a kernel free version of this could be posted, or someone could explain how to remove the kernel from the update zip? I wanted to maintain decryption, and I'm sure many others would like to as well.

Also, is the SELinux disabling in the kernel, or the rom? Would like to continue to use elemental with this build.

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
Any chance a kernel free version of this could be posted, or someone could explain how to remove the kernel from the update zip? I wanted to maintain decryption, and I'm sure many others would like to as well.

Also, is the SELinux disabling in the kernel, or the rom? Would like to continue to use elemental with this build.

SELinux is disabled in the kernel, technically, you should be able to just flash ElementalX after flashing the rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png
    In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • Thoemy
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • teemodk
    • audahadi
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png
    • @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 10

Official Builds Download link: goo.gl/AfF1C7
    Recommended Gapps: opengapps.org

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

b5b2bXK.png

kfCXFCX.png
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Lollipop. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

KERNEL:
    Kernel in this rom follows CM source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

F6DLgPu.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

kernel github
    rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

Kernel Source

Device Tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP for Nexus 9 (WiFI Only), ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
    joshuabg
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-01
    Last Updated 2017-04-17
    SaberMod builds

SaberMod builds are currently unavailable for Marshallow
    Changelog

Each build will have the latest changes from AICP and CM

Changelog (Click the "Change log" link for the date you want to see the changes for)
    I wanted to point out that my unofficial Xposed for android 5.1for arm64 devices works fine on this ROM for me (I'm on SaberMod 5.1 builds):D.