Unlock Bootloader from HTCDEV.COM (Updated)

Search This thread

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
I just dont like the fact that if i relock the bootloader says so. How can you send a phone in for repairs then under warrenty with verizon? I still hope we get full s-off soon. Id like to be able to go back to stock factory settings if need be.

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
Maybe we should try to follow the ideas of pledges here, maybe it'll push devs or anybody who wants to continue trying to get S-OFF.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1505252

been reading that thread and they have the same issues we do, no aosp and not alot of development. most of the devs flocked to the gnexus. i just want to be able to put my rezound back to a "full factory" state in case i need to ship it back to verizon for a replacement. but in reality i don't think it's going to happen, look at the evo3d, still no s-off.

besides at this point id rather gather donations for a fully working ICS aosp port.

Last edited:

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
been reading that thread and they have the same issues we do, no aosp and not alot of development. most of the devs flocked to the gnexus. i just want to be able to put my rezound back to a "full factory" state in case i need to ship it back to verizon for a replacement. but in reality i don't think it's going to happen, look at the evo3d, still no s-off.

besides at this point id rather gather donations for a fully working ICS aosp port.

I thought the Evo 3D did have S-OFF at one point, but the method got fixed?
I'd donate to some AOKP personally.

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
Evo 3d cdma did have soff until htc came out with hboot 1.5. It was locked down for a long time. Recently a breakthrough has been made. The evo 3d no longer needs htc dev. It is now fully downgradable and able to be soff from revolutionary. Worth a look. Its in the stickies in the cdma evo 3d section

Sent from my BAD A$$ EPIC TOUCH 4G

Reactions: andybones

jtpstealth

May 29, 2010
Mesa, AZ
anybody have been able to use htcdev to unlock bootloader
i have tried for days know and nothing working

Just got my Rez yesterday and not able to do it today. "We are sorry, but this section of site is temporarily closed." pops up every time i try to go to unlock page.

**EDIT: Just for SnG's, I just loaded the site on my phone. Worked and goes to the unlock menu. Doesn't do much good as I cant usb my phone to.... my phone. Ugh! Still no luck on PC however.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Back when I used it, it didn't work with FF... acted like there was nothing to click on. I used chrome and it worked fine.

thunderbread

May 30, 2011
Orlando
looking for some help or info. this is my second rezound. unlocked the first one easy and first shot. this one however is not working. i enter fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin but it just sits there and does nothing. it shows me that is trying to work but never says okay.

Again ive unlocked one before without a problem. ive double checked everything but it just wont go anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

mattloak

Nov 1, 2010
Question for those getting stuck

Before I start the process I wanted to know if I get stuck where everyone seems to be getting stuck can I still use my phone or do you get stuck past the point of no return?

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
i feel like an idiot asking..but where does the token generate at?? it's not in the generator popup box after i hit enter?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can now unlock your rezound's bootloader at http://htcdev.com/.

Just follow the steps on htcdev.com, and at the last step you will have a factory reset. So, please make sure you do a backup before attempting this unlock trick. (Thanks to NilsP for pointing this out)

Bootloader unlock will grant perm root and possibility of flashing customized roms.

Note: S-on remains

BE AWARE:

bootloader unlock will VOID your rezound's WARRANTY, I am not responsible for any damage it may cause :eek:

[INSTRUCTIONS]:

[Prerequisites:]
    HTC Sync (Windows Only)
    HTC Super Tool
    Enable USB Debug on Rezound
    Use Charge Only mode when connected to PC
    Exit HTC Sync on PC

[Steps:]
    1. Go to HTCDEV website: http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
    2. Click on "Begin Unlock Bootloader" (create a user if you don't have one)
    3. Use HTC Super Tool in the [Prerequisites] to generate your token. (Or, alternatively, follow the instructions step 1 through step 10 on htcdev.com)
    4. In step 10, when posting your token, make sure you remove the blanks preceding each line
    5. After you receive your Unlock_code.bin in email, follow step 11.
    6. Now your rezound should reboot and you have your bootloader unlocked.

Now you are unlocked. You can follow the following threads to obtain perm root, flash recovery, flash new kernel, and overclock.
    [Guide] You are Unlocked. Now What?
    [GUIDE] Super-noob guide to unlocking, rooting, and flashing Ziggys kernel

7. After unlocking your bootloader, use this one to get perm root:
    One Click Perm Root (Thanks to NilsP)

8. Flash the recovery if you need.
    [Recovery] Amon Ra style vigor
    [Recovery]ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4

scrosler kindly provides a tool to flash the recovery or boot img.
    You can find it here

9. Flash Deodexed ROMs:
    Clean ROM 1.0 from scrosler
    RezROM v1.0 Beta from lllboredlll

Questions about flashing ROMs:
    Possibility of flashing ROMs (Thanks to scrosler)

To uninstall the bloatware, try ROM Toolbox
    So, which root method is the best to use once we are freshly unlocked and returned to factory defaults?
    This one works good.

I think the ones we have on here now for "Temp Root" do it a little different file locations and confuses the phone.
    I think the folder is my problem. Everything else was nice and smooth. Where do I create this file? I don't have the 3 files . I was able to install the SDK package. But don't k.ow where to find the 3 files.
    Sent from my Rezound

For everyone that doesn't have/know how to work with the Android SDK, I've taken the files you need and added them to this zip file. It contains:
    ADB.exe
    AdbWinApi.dll
    AdbWinUSBApi.dll
    Fastboot.exe

This is all you will need to get unlocked...enjoy
    Were are the recoveries when we need them :D

here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1339679

1. place the recovery.img (extracted from the zip) file in your c:\android folder (or whatever directory you used to unlock the bootloader)

2. boot into fastboot, go to a command prompt (just like you did for bootloader unlock)

3. use this command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

I ran this and now have AmonRa on my Rezound....finally!!!!
    Epic!

What about that AmonRa image?

I'm hopeful there will be a TWRP2.0 or CWM image made for the Vigor now.

Are you guys using HTC Super tool to perm root now?

Should work.

I thought S-ON locked the recovery partition but I'll take your word for it. Amon-Ra is already up and running on developer Rezounds. So let's rock this puppy.

No, You can still flash recovery, system, data and boot. Nothing else. And you have to flash boot and reocvery using fastboot.

I should so a Q/A thread on this. I have been through it all with the Evo 3D. I will put up something tonight that helps everyone get where they need to be. At work now :mad:

Rock it? Oh yeah! You can count on this!

So, am I correct in stating that this will allow us to do everything but Flash Radios & Kernels (or is it just Radios)?

Radios, hboots, some other partitions you shouldnt be messing with.

So would we be able to flash kernels?

Yes.