We have At&t Note Tablet Mode, time to donate! $415 of $640 paid

Search This thread

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Thanks for pledging...
Think of it like this guys, its much more than tablet mode! Its also Asop which means more Rom choices. As of now we sit at $530, which will definitely get us some attention with developers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I'm not a fan of asop. I actually like tw. The more I think if it the more I really can't stand stock Android. So I guess tablet mode would only benefit me if it wasn't bone stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

TheMrRoxtar

Nov 7, 2011
Frisco,Tx
Thanks for pledging...
Think of it like this guys, its much more than tablet mode! Its also Asop which means more Rom choices. As of now we sit at $530, which will definitely get us some attention with developers.

Yes np. My comment before sounded rude I apologize I just meant I don't give money often. But I think it's a great thread considering the note development so I'm deff. Ready to be involved for this one.

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
Tim, thanks for starting this up - one thing I want to clarify though is how you have yourself and MSigler identified as (fully functional) while the rest of us have no such designation. The description of this bounty is stated as "...looking for Fully functional tablet mode for our Notes", so doesn't that apply to all of us?

I just always try to be clear about expectations, i've learned that makes life easier. I didn't mean anything by it. I'll still pay even if there are some minor issues, as I did in the tmobile radio bounty thread.

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Yes guys lets define fully functional for the developers who would like to know.. And ill update the op with what we come up with.

My idea is Daily Driver with all radios working (Bluetooth, wifi..etc.) Camera working. Fully working navigation dock and access to all apps on the market.

Did i miss anything?
_____
It looks like everyone wants asop. So I guess I'll donate what I pledged if there is an option for tw also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

From my many conversations with DAGr8 on the subject it seems as if Touchwiz doesn't support 'Tablet Mode' so Aosp is a requirement by default.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skizzy034

itsjusttim

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
This dock!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335049910574.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335049910574.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is Tablet mode thanks to dagr8.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581065

Lets get this guy paid.
    here :

Yet another bounty thread for our Note, but this time we are looking for Fully functional tablet mode for our Notes. To get some serious developer support for this we need to show we seriously want it. I'll get it started.

Tablet Mode: (Goes to Dagr8 for his Rom)

Itsjusttim - $60 -Paid
    sweetboy02125 - $20 -Paid
    jpg71 - $20 -Paid
    Shurafa - $20 -Paid
    renohawj - $20 -Paid
    supac - $25
    kvssvarma - $20
    powdered_donuts - $20
    Jacob.jsweets - $40 (SPen)
    jb0nd38372 - $50 -Paid
    Ship It City - $25 -Paid
    clyon3 - $20 -Paid
    Reclaim - $15
    SkizzMcNizz - $20 -Paid
    hauj0bb - $20 -Paid
    MSigler - $20 -Paid
    the2rrell - $25 -Paid
    raqball - $10 (Adjustable font)
    qtrap - $25 -Paid
    paleh0rse - $20 (SPen) -Paid
    TheMrRoxtar - $30
    tdamocles - $20
    UAC21FTR Sole - $10 -Paid
    Orange_furball - $$5 -Paid
    Scyke - $10
    ierv69 - $20 -Paid
    zachsx - $20
    mjeezy13947 - $10 -Paid
    connordroid - $10 -Paid

Total Promised - $640
    Total Paid - $415
    _____
    ★☆★☆★ PAY NOW★☆★☆★
    ★☆★☆★ PAY NOW★☆★☆★

↓↓↓These people haven't payed yet ↓↓↓

supac - $25
    kvssvarma - $20
    powdered_donuts - $20
    Jacob.jsweets - $40 (SPen)
    Reclaim - $15
    raqball - $10 (Adjustable font)
    TheMrRoxtar - $30
    tdamocles - $20
    Scyke - $10
    zachsx - $20

Total UNPAID: $225.

DO NOT FLAME THESE PEOPLE. THIS IS STRICTLY PROVIDED TO SEPARATE THESE NAMES FROM THOSE WHO HAVE PAID.

★☆★☆★ PAY NOW★☆★☆★

I will be sending out reminder PMs tomorrow.

If you do not pay, people won't trust you next bounty!!

★☆★☆★ READ THIS ★☆★☆★

Unable to pay? Just tell me and pay at a later date! Pay when you can or pay some! Dagr8 is currently getting flamed and probably needs your promised payment as an incentive to continue updating this!

(This thread is a wip, i will constantly adjust and improve)
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app
    ok here is newer better

http://dagr8.pkicraft.com/TABLETUI_AOSP.zip

IT contains bunch of aosp app , and they are not cut on the bottom

AOSP apps :

Gallery 3d
    Dialer
    contacts
    Email
    Browser
    camera

Fixed multidpi :

Smemo

if anything fcs make sure you fix permisssion and clear the app 's cache before reporting
    To All ...Stop trying to argue about who developed what in this thread, as stated before in this thread......... if you have an issue, prepare your argument and report to the Moderators and let us handle it. That is it..... nothing else......... NOTHING ELSE will be tolerated from here on ...infractions and bans will be issued.

People, Play Nice and be Respectful to each other. Stop with the flaming. Nothing good comes from it.

Follow the rules .....if there is a problem..... Report it.

~~~Moderator~~~

since I behaved the whole time and let these guys flame me in all 'my threads

I think I ve earned the right to have the last word . if anything goes any further please ppl just hit report and ignore it ..

I ve seen at least 3 different mods already give them fair warnign for many reasons ...

Most of What happened because I used the app per dpi mod and the rest is mainly because of misonception about the Galaxy note and touchwiz on there part . if they had pm me or answer my pm in the first place none of this woudl have happened .

here is there last accusation in there own thread :

there was no hybrid mode before paranoid android. this is the first rom to realize it, this is the first rom to call it like that. what do you think the name implies man, hybrid means two opposite states are combined in one - how are you gonna do that without p-a-d? there was tablet mode, which is an aosp feature, no one gets credit for it except google. it was harder for you guys because you couldnt just switch to a lower density to enter tabmode, the dev who figured it out is named xylograph. xylograph was ignored and he didnt get ****. now your so called "dev" is fetching money in hundreds for others peoples efforts which is just absurd. i find it selfish of you guys stuffing money into the pockets of that guy just coz he's serving your damn machine by ripping us off. i spend a restless night over some code, release it asking for nothing, and next moment i wake up and find it in his zip file, unaltered, simply ripped out and stuffed into his "rom," and you pay him 600 bucks for that. donate your money to jesus over in the s2 section, or xylograph, without them you'd have ****, tablet mode at best which is nothing at all.

heres his "hyb.prop" for example that he ripped out of the last zip package including jesuses no-reboot framework code ...
    Code:
    hy.per_app_scaling=1
    hy.system_default_dpi=213
    hy.user_default_dpi=213

# SYSTEM
    hy.DownloadProviderUi.dd=240
    hy.VpnDialogs.dd=240
    hy.VoiceDialer.dd=240
    hy.VoiceSearch.dd=240
    hy.LiveWallhy.ersPicker.dd=240
    hy.Email.dd=210
    hy.Phone.dd=320
    hy.SecBrowser.dd=320
    hy.Gmail.dd=210
    hy.Mms.dd=240
    hy.Talk.dd=240
    hy.SecPhoneATTCalendar.dd=320
    hy.TouchWizCalculator.dd=320
    hy.TouchWiz30Launcher.dd=320
    hy.Settings.dd=240
    hy.Gallery3D.dd=320
    hy.Contacts.dd=280
    hy.GoogleQuickSearchBox.dd=240

# KEYBOARDS
    hy.inputmethod.latin.ported.dd=213
    hy.com.swype.android.inputmethod.dd=213
    hy.AXT9IME.dd=213
    hy.com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.dd=213
    hy.com.touchtype.swiftkey-1.dd=213

# APPS
    hy.com.facebook.katana.dd=260
    hy.bob.clock.dd=260
    hy.com.dropbox.android.dd=260
    hy.com.nolanlawson.logcat.dd=260
    hy.com.skype.raider.dd=260
    hy.com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer.dd=260
    hy.com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.flickr.dd=260
    hy.mobisle.mobisleNotesADC.dd=260
    hy.org.adaway.dd=260
    hy.com.android.chrome.dd=260
    hy.com.whatsapp.dd=260
    hy.com.twitter.android.dd=260
    hy.com.mikogo.android.dd=260
    hy.com.imdb.mobile.dd=260
    hy.reddit.news.dd=260
    hy.org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.dd=260
    hy.cn.wps.moffice_eng.dd=260
    hy.com.earrings.android.pop.dd=260
    hy.com.inisoft.media player.trial.dd=260
    hy.com.myfitnesshy..android.dd=260
    hy.com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.dd=260
    hy.nl.peperzaken.android.nu.dd=260
    hy.com.icemobile.tweakers.dd=260
    hy.org.connectbot.dd=260
    hy.nl.smulweb.dd=260
    hy.org.xbmc.android.remote.dd=260
    hy.com.quoord.tahy.alkxda.activity.dd=260
    hy.com.quoord.tahy.alkxdapre.activity.dd=260
    hy.com.endomondo.android.pro.dd=260
    hy.com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.dd=260
    hy.au.com.phil.minepro.dd=260
    hy.com.android.cardock.dd=260
    hy.com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps.dd=260
    hy.com.box.android.dd=260
    hy.com.bvalosek.cpuspy.dd=260
    hy.com.elecricsheep.asi.dd=260
    hy.com.elsdoerfer.android.autostarts.dd=260
    hy.com.franco.kernel.dd=260
    hy.com.keramidas.titaniumbackup.dd=260
    hy.com.mobilefootie.wc2010.dd=260
    hy.com.quoord.tahy.alkpro.activity.dd=260
    hy.com.splunchy.android.alarmclock.dd=260
    hy.com.tcc.android.tuttonapoli.dd=260
    hy.it.iwikiphone.portaleautomobilista.dd=260
    hy.it.medieval.blueftp.dd=260
    hy.org.hy.loconte.faidate_free.dd=260
    hy.org.underdev.penetrate.dd=260
    hy.org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.dd=260
    hy.sy.android.syspressurepro.dd=260
    hy.uk.co.novaware.telehy.s.android.dd=260
    hy.com.nxp.nfc.tagwriter.dd=260
    hy.com.programs.waw.dd=260
    hy.com.hbwares.worfeudfree.dd=260
    hy.com.onelouder.baconreader.dd=260
    hy.com.developers247.ple.dd=260
    hy.com.handmark.expressweather.dd=260
    hy.drippler.samsung.galaxy.nexus.dd=260
    hy.org.gmote.client.android.dd=260
    hy.org.wikipedia.dd=260
    hy.com.Time.dd=260
    hy.com.instagram.android.dd=260
    hy.com.handcent.nextsms.dd=260
    hy.bbc.mobile.news.ww.dd=260
    hy.com.adnfxmobile.wakevoice.dd=260
    hy.com.badoo.mobile.dd=260
    hy.com.ebay.annunci.dd=260
    hy.com.evernote.dd=260
    hy.com.jappit.android.guidatvfree.dd=260
    hy.com.jb.gosms.dd=260
    hy.com.jb.gosms.it.dd=260
    hy.com.jb.gosms.theme.kxnt.icecream.dd=260
    hy.com.logmein.ignitionpro.android.dd=260
    hy.com.n7mobile.nplayer.dd=260
    hy.in.vineetsirohi.customwidget.dd=260
    hy.com.rdr.widgets.core.dd=260
    hy.com.alywa.oc.transpo.dd=260
    hy.com.realvnc.viewer.android.dd=280
    hy.com.dragonplay.liveholdempro.dd=280
    hy.com.siriusapplications.quickboot.dd=320
    hy.com.estrongs.android.pop.dd=320

do you even know that all of us collected these values? and none of us asked for money? doesn't end there, he took a bunch of other things aswell, thats only the most obvious. and again, if he'd do it for free and actually commit helpfull stuff back to us no one would probably say a thing.

and here is my answer to it :

@ moderators and everyone else I will not post here again off topic

@ op please take the time to read and then pm me with any concerns you may have .

1 I never asked for money

2 you complained I didnt 'even' change the values of the "pa.*.dd" . so I did . and the app per dpi is THE ONLY THING I TOOK FROM YOU that includes the additional *.prop

3 When I PM you the first thing I did was try to share the stuff I found on my own . more about 'commit' see the explanation below*

4 My rom was called the hybrid since the day I found out I could run tablet mode at 320 dpi , just enabling tablet on our phone made the Gnote an hybrid.. long before you added app per dpi and THEN called it 'the hybrid' In your description @ rootzwiki and here...

5 Tablet mode I achieved on the gnote has nothign to do with the tablet ui on AOSP , nothing at all why do you think the bounty was up for almost a month before I took it (for the record I was working on it for free 2 weeks before that bounty was ever up but failed miserably)

*about commit and source stuff :

Gnex is aosp and ATT Gnote is Touchwiz meaning we have no source no compiling no aosp zip nada ! (proprietary samsung bs)

also means lots of things are different for instance , if you change the dpi lower then 213 (simple build prop edit) the systemui would force close on the gnote ..
    Tablet mode didnt even exist on the Galaxy note , also dont get confused the international note they have (finally ) a source tree for cm9 we dont and we are not even close because of that damn chipset we have its a hell of a driver nightmare .

how was the tablet hybrid achieved on the note ?

the ICS tablet mode on the galaxy note was achieved by stealing
    pieces of smali code of the TAB2 , the only Touchwiz ICS Tablet released to this day . with time I made it simpler and only use some XML and hunting down the values of each apk_tool_dummy file . MANY MANY hours sleepless night you say ? you think I didtn have any ? if I did this for the money why woudl I keep making it better after ppl didnt even pay me half the amount promised ?

Lets face it the Galaxy note is closest to an hybrid device you ll ever find on the market ... 5.3 inch screen

I am not a programmer never claimed to be one but without guys like me puling hair out over smali code and porting from device to device the development over them touchwiz device woudl be non existent because the programmers they dont give a sh*t about them device .

I hope this clears the things that are being said about me . I would love to have a grown up conversation on gtalk / irc or in pm and I will not hijack this thread by adding anythign else on the subject , but my name was dirtied enough for one week , I work my ass off wether you believe it or not 0.1 cent an hour , I do this by passion not for the money ..

Now lets let this end
    From the Moderator

To those who think creating a Flame War is the way to communicate.

~~~The One Warning~~~
    ...... Flame again and you will get infracted and banned.... regardless of which side of this argument you are on. This thread is not the place to carry this argument.

To those who think they have a legitimate complaint, then file it with the Moderators of this forum. We can address any complaints WAY BETTER than trying to just instigate hating.

Play nice be Respectful or.... ALL who continue... will be infracted and banned

~~~The Moderators~~~
    Moles & Co... I really respect your work -- it's amazing -- but, you need to realize a few things:

1. We're working with an unofficial buggy leak, not source. Unlike you, we didn't have the CM team to provide us with a stable base to work with.

2. It took a lot more than a simple build.prop edit to get the first hybrid and multi-dpi modes working on our leak.

3. DAGr8 collected this bounty before he or any of us even knew your ROM existed. The original work he did to get tabletUI working on our piece of **** leak was his own, NOT yours. Check the dates, clowns.

4. DAGr8 credited you in his thread for the PAD immediately after he hacked it into his existing ROM and after you ignored his PMs asking for permission. What more do you want?

5. It's not easy to hack AOSP apps and mods into a completely FUBAR touchwiz-based leak that is full of bugs from the outset, so your insults and belittling of DAG's contributions to the Note community are unwarranted and unwanted.

6. DAG may be the best dev we have for the Note, so please work this out with him behind closed doors... like adults.

7. Before you came into all of our threads talking ****, I posted in your ROM thread saying thank you and giving your team props for doing amazing work (I had just assumed you knew about our port). I'm starting to regret that... it's beginning to look like you're more interested in drama than in actually helping out our community.

8. I still find it incredibly ironic that any dev on xda -- a community dedicated to hacking and reverse engineering software -- would get upset when his own code is borrowed or reverse engineered. It's pretty damn ridiculous, actually...