GALAXY S5 apps

Search This thread

chrisa887

Feb 25, 2012
wichita
Found these two threads that have the Galaxy S5 apps for whoever wants them. I thought i would make a thread in our T-mobile sections since these are on a different phones thread. I take no credit for this just wanted to share with you guys.

1. this is the international note 3 thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2677686

2. this is the note 2 thread and it has few more apps so it should work for our phones still http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690997

Last edited:

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I really like the S5 messaging app, but my messages are taking long to receive. I keep texting myself and it takes a while from when it is sent to when it is received. Any one else?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Note 2 broswer launcher dont work for note 3. Use note 3 specific launcher

Sent from my SM-G900L using Tapatalk

chrisa887

Feb 25, 2012
wichita
I really like the S5 messaging app, but my messages are taking long to receive. I keep texting myself and it takes a while from when it is sent to when it is received. Any one else?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I kept getting FC when using this app because you have to flash the framework as well and wicked rom has some stuff modded in it so it wont work. probably would work on stock rom though.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
I kept getting FC when using this app because you have to flash the framework as well and wicked rom has some stuff modded in it so it wont work. probably would work on stock rom though.

The message app works great you need to push SecTelephonyProvider.apk from that thread into system/app for it to work right

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

chrisa887

Feb 25, 2012
wichita
The message app works great you need to push SecTelephonyProvider.apk from that thread into system/app for it to work right

I just did and it looks the same as the stock one. I renamed it with. Bak but it should work but doesn't

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
I get a problem with the message app that it adds contacts to it that I edit. .. so if I edit a contact then their name is in the message list with no messages and I have to delete them

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
I tried the messaging app multiple times but get force closes. I try to delet messages and it fc. I hit the back button and it closes. Just seemed really glitchy. Did exactly what the instructions say but just too many bugs. Will just wait for official firmware.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
I noticed on the stock S Voice I can wake it up from lock screen by saying Hi Galaxy. On the S5 S Voice it's cute in that it allows me to change the greeting to use, but I don't see any option to enable lock screen wake up and it definitely doesn't work with me just talking to a locked phone :silly:

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
I tried the messaging app multiple times but get force closes. I try to delet messages and it fc. I hit the back button and it closes. Just seemed really glitchy. Did exactly what the instructions say but just too many bugs. Will just wait for official firmware.

You are missing a step it works perfect hair with no glitches at all no force closes no errors nothing. Works perfect.. Now the email app force closes on sync settings

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
I did the steps so not sure. Unless there's a different more detailed procedure

marcomachuca

Jun 20, 2009
For people having problems download the sec provider and place it in the system/app the secmms.apk goes on system/private-app use root explorer to move then restart phone no force closes

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jazzis

Feb 13, 2008
For people having problems download the sec provider and place it in the system/app the secmms.apk goes on system/private-app use root explorer to move then restart phone no force closes

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I did exactly that except i change the permissions to the recommended and i get FC and its slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found these two threads that have the Galaxy S5 apps for whoever wants them. I thought i would make a thread in our T-mobile sections since these are on a different phones thread. I take no credit for this just wanted to share with you guys.

1. this is the international note 3 thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2677686

2. this is the note 2 thread and it has few more apps so it should work for our phones still http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2690997
    Thanks. Grabbed them all from the Note 2 thread. Let's see how these look.
    For S5 messages, delete or rename both the telephony provider apk in system/app and SecMms.apk in system/priv-app then reboot. Once booted, add the S5 apks and change permissions then reboot again. You should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Anyone try the S5 beta 3 camera that was posted in the Note 2 thread on their Note 3?

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

For anyone who wants it, I put a zip together with the parts so there's no renaming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60jo039ycrcoeh7/S5_mms.zip

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk 2
    Mms kept force closing on me too, I did like the new look for the few minutes that it did work.

Tmobile S5 Mms works fine for me