[Q] Issues CM11_Saga_Flinny_alpha5

Search This thread

0x23marco

Apr 21, 2014
Hello guys,

this is goin' to be my first post on xda-developers sure that this should normally be placed in another thread but permissions to do that are still missing.
I don't want to create useless board blowing posts only to reach more than 10 to get the permission to disclose some bugs I found in the current CM11_saga_flinny_alpha5..

First of all I wanna thank all developers for spending there spare time for such great projects!!

Issues I recognized:
1) Apps moved and located on the sd-card will loose the desktop link after reboot of the system as often as I place it onto the primary screen.
2) The current Brower often crashes whenever I'm on for example facebook watching pictures it crashes, reproducable.
3) in options under developer options activating error report doesn't bring any report up for sending via email
4) could anyone please evaluate if downloading i.e. Redphone or Textsecure works within the GooglePlay Store? I can't although it is compatible to android 4.4.2 so I guess that there is a mismatch between the googleplay and the alpha5 permissions

thanks.
0x23marco

Terodax

May 6, 2014
2) The current Brower often crashes whenever I'm on for example facebook watching pictures it crashes, reproducable.

Hey

I had the second bug to. I reflashed and wiped cache and co and it was gone. No idea why.

I have Problems wieht the Headphones control. Does it work at your device? I get no symbol in the statusbar that the headphone is in still can hear music and sounds but the thee control bottums of the headset don´t work neither the microphon.

0x23marco

Apr 21, 2014
@Flinny and @devilkin

Known/recognized issues on both ROMs:

Please evaluate if downloading i.e. Redphone,Textsecure, WhatsApp works within the GooglePlay Store!?
I can't although it is compatible to android 4.4.2 so I guess that there is still a mismatch between the AndroidManifest.xml and both of your ROMs. Permissions or something like that..?

Calling somebody and than trying to "mute" the doesn't work so there's an incorrect function.

Moving apps located(moved to) on the sd-card will loose the desktop link after reboot of the system as often as I place it onto the primary screen.

Gererating Error Report doesn't work seems to be no function behind it..

Hope you guys will fix these bugs...anyway thanks for your great work on supporting such an old phone. Still love my Desire S :)

chimaera_germ

Jul 9, 2014
I'm currently using the recommended 20140517—version and am having some problems with mobile data, so i assume this is a bug.

Mobile data in 3G networks works flawlessly, but in 2G networks it won't connect to any site/page or service. Though sometimes I get some incoming Whatssapp messages or push-news-content. Never Bad this problems with stock Roms. Provider is Vodafone Germany.