Could someone try this?

Search This thread

Whoareyou

Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2011
King George, VA
Ok, I want to get an M8 but I love the built in beats equalizer on the m7, if someone could test anything for me that would be awesome,

Adb pull /system/customize/ACC/default.xml

Open it in notepad++

Scroll to the bottom and change these two lines:

Original:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">false</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

To say

Edited:

<item type="boolean" name="support_beats_audio">true</item>
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>

And tell me if you notice any difference when toggling beats in settings while playing a song.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
I changed mine to true for both... let's you toggle between the two on the fly... it adds the option to enable beats in the settings menu... so it's there and works wonderfully....

As far as a difference between the two... i noticed no difference while playing through the phone speakers, but when plugged into headphones/aux jack there is a slight variation... still weighing which I prefer personally...

Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)

Last edited:

Whoareyou

Did it but mine has a different outcome. (This is with both set to true)

On internal speakers it won't let me toggle as it states, 'BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKERS.' It does still allow me to turn BEATS on or off at the same tme as having BOOMSOUND enabled. (Absolutely no difference in quality)

This changes when I plug headphones in as it allows me toggle on the fly as posted previously. Have to say not a lot between them but thats probably more to do with the buds I am using (HTC supplied with phone)

when testing on my m7 running an m8 rom, i had tp disable boomsound by setting it to falsemin order to hear a difference with beats turned on.

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Just install Viper4Android. It is by far the best audio mod / equalizer I have seen on Android. It has so many advanced options to fully customize the sound to your personal preference. You will need root / busybox / kernel with write protection turned off to install the drivers though.

shkshbz

Nov 6, 2014
hello guys, actually i am facing an problem, only the top speaker is working for me. the bottom one is not working no idea y, when i am trying to change sound settings it says BOOMSOUND CAN'T BE TURNED OFF WHEN USING INTERNAL SPEAKER. what should i do i even done the formating thing but no use.