Lag/stutter

Search This thread

hinds90

Feb 23, 2011
Anyone experiencing a slight lag when hitting the home button to exit the current app you're in and the animations lags a little and also when you swipe up on the home screen to get to the app drawer I get a little lag.

Last edited:

galaxyYtester

Mar 31, 2014
Maybe a couple of dropped frames, but it has improved a lot in the latest update, the one that brought easier color correction for the display. I realize that some will see it as an issue, but the effect zooming back to the icon where it opened from when resuming to the home screen is enough for me lol, I'm not that OCD

Truth6199

Mar 22, 2013
It's gonna happen. Try clearing cache by hitting restart and holding power, Bixby button and volume up until you see the blue android screen. Doing this after every new update release is recommended.

Kil4Thril

Jul 4, 2013
You can set the animations differently in developer options. Some people like to bump the times up. It feels "smoother" that way. I have mine turned completely off

Reactions: xeathpk

xeathpk

May 11, 2017
You can set the animations differently in developer options. Some people like to bump the times up. It feels "smoother" that way. I have mine turned completely off

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I wasn't particularly bothered before but this intrigued me so I had a look. I've changed my animation values from x1 to x0.5 and it does appear to feel even snappier, although it was no slouch beforehand. Cheers mate.

Reactions: Kil4Thril

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, I didn't know about this. I wasn't particularly bothered before but this intrigued me so I had a look. I've changed my animation values from x1 to x0.5 and it does appear to feel even snappier, although it was no slouch beforehand. Cheers mate.
Make sure you don't change the window animation. Screenshot_20170515-073024.jpg

Galaxy S8+ Black

Reactions: Zorachus

greystealth

Jan 30, 2007
Try changing screen resolution then changing it back to what you had it on (FHD to QHD etc) My device smooths out significant. Not sure how this makes sense but it works. Try it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Make sure you don't change the window animation. Screenshot_20170515-073024.jpg

Galaxy S8+ Black