[ROM WSG Beta v0.0.7 05/08/2012

Search This thread

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
Very important. This rom has the Asus update service running in the background, make sure you use TB or App quarantine to remove or freeze the service. You don't want to accidentally accept an official updated from Asus.

Dont see anything like what you have mentioned running in the backround.

MasterZen88

Very important. This rom has the Asus update service running in the background, make sure you use TB or App quarantine to remove or freeze the service. You don't want to accidentally accept an official updated from Asus.

Even tho the service is running you wont get an update if you ran the Official ASUS unlocker. When running that tools it reports your serial number to ASUS.. Its kinda puts you on a black list....

I will try to remove this service in the next update. Just got don't re-building my dev environment. Hope to jump head first into development tonight.

Reactions: CekMTL

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Even tho the service is running you wont get an update if you ran the Official ASUS unlocker. When running that tools it reports your serial number to ASUS.. Its kinda puts you on a black list....

I will try to remove this service in the next update. Just got don't re-building my dev environment. Hope to jump head first into development tonight.

I could be wrong but some guys bricked their device after installing first versions of Virtuous because ota was active, and they accepted the update.

Then the ota service was removed.

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Hmmm, is any fix in the works for audio streaming over bluetooth? Love the rom, but not being able to listen to music on my stereo (using bluetooth) or bluetooth headset is kinda sucky... Bluetooth headset controls work btw, itś really the sound streaming part.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
If you are unlocked you are not able to receive OTA anymore... am I correct?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You should search in Virtuous mod thread, I'm not that sure it's so simple..

Diamondback had to remove ota service from the ROM because some guys accepted the ota update and bricked their devices.

I don't think there is such an advanced process (i mean checking on servers if your device serial number is on the list of unlocked...) when an update is detected by device...

P.S: I've said this two posts above yours... didn't you read it?

joviansky

Dec 8, 2011
New York City

This! x2

Just hopped onto v.0.0.6 and can't wait for even more updates.

Question/Request: Is there any way to modify the ASUS QuickSettings screen to better match the ICS color scheme? I like the simplicity and usefulness of it but despise the color scheme compared to the regular ICS menu.

jlabrat

Feb 18, 2012
I am using the WSG ROM with Habenero and Motley kernel and am very pleased with the performancem and stability of this combination.

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
For those interested, I fixed the audio over bluetooth streaming issue (which indeed was caused by Beats audio & xloud) by removing the files from the beats audio cwm zip (0317 version) in the beats and audio thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525226

and replacing the necessary files (because some files are updated by the beats and audio zip but are originally in the stock rom already) by copying them from the virtuous rom into wsg...

Now I can stream audio over bluetooth (well, until the wifi/bluetooth connection starts to crap)...

Not the easiest way but wanted to use WSG but also be able to stream audio over bluetooth :)

MasterZen88

For those interested, I fixed the audio over bluetooth streaming issue (which indeed was caused by Beats audio & xloud) by removing the files from the beats audio cwm zip (0317 version) in the beats and audio thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525226

and replacing the necessary files (because some files are updated by the beats and audio zip but are originally in the stock rom already) by copying them from the virtuous rom into wsg...

Now I can stream audio over bluetooth (well, until the wifi/bluetooth connection starts to crap)...

Not the easiest way but wanted to use WSG but also be able to stream audio over bluetooth :)

Yep.... the hard way. This should be fix in next release.

MasterZen88

UPDATE: Well it has been yet another great couple days working on the New WSG Rom... I have completely restructured the foundation of this rom on the next release "WSG_ Beta_v0.0.7". Only have one problem right now, currently have a error during instillation. Most of the time this would not be an issue but since my screen is crack I cannot see what line the error is occurring. I ordered a new tablet from gamestop last week, should be here any day now.

Last edited:

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
If you need a hand I can try it for you? (As long as I can restore a cwm backup afterwards ;) ).

ShreckBull

Oct 24, 2007
Dijon
i use this rom with motleys 2.6.11.

it's a great combination! good performance...
i flash it with the new recovery image : twrp 2.1.2

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
UPDATE: Well it has been yet another great couple days working on the New WSG Rom... I have completely restructured the foundation of this rom on the next release "WSG_ Beta_v0.0.7". Only have one problem right now, currently have a error during instillation. Most of the time this would not be an issue but since my screen is crack I cannot see what line the error is occurring. I ordered a new tablet from gamestop last week, should be here any day now.

Well alright :D I came by to see if I could find an update on your Prime situation, and I did. Also a new update coming...sweet. Shouldn't have to say this but...hopefully your Prime is in perfect working order. Can't wait for this totally rebuilt version:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSG
    WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG Beta v0.0.7
    Last Update: May 8, 2012
    Type: ICS

Wabi-Sabi: Finding the beauty in, and embracing the imperfect!

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous iPhone owners!

..::INCLUDED MAIN FEATURES::..
    • Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.21
    • Deodexed
    • Unsecure Boot.img
    • Mounted all partitions as Read/Write
    • Rooted
    • Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
    • Normal mode running at 1.4Ghz, High performance running at 1.6Ghz
    • Ext 4 tweaks
    • Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
    • System tweak for optimal performance
    • Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
    • Beats Audio & Xloud
    • KickAssKernelizer
    • V6 SuperCharger

..:: Donations::..
    THANK YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING DONATION:
    • trseighty
    • jaycustom
    • lollee76
    • gmanhad
    • Scuddster
    • benefit14snake
    • cbasse

..::A Special Thanks::..
    • Jermaine151
    • Diamondback
    • di11igaf
    • AndroidRoot.mobi
    • Motley

..::Installation::..
    Pulled from Jermaine151 stock rom page (Thanks)
    • Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
      [*]Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
      [*]Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
      [*]The device now boots into your CWM recovery
      [*]Make a backup of your current ROM
      [*]Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
      [*]Then flash the rom zip as usual

..::ROM::..

DOWNLOAD LINK: PULLED DUE TO PROBLEMS
    DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

..::OLD ROM Link::..
    WSG_Beta_v0.0.6

..::ChangeLog::..
    Code:
    WSG Beta - 0.0.7
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix - Beats Audio for Bluetooth
    [*]Attempt a possible fix for flashing ROM
    [*]Update - Motley v2.6.11 1.6GHz
    [*]More tweaking for performance
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.6
    [LIST]
    [*]Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.21
    [*]Added Android 4.0.4 System Servies and App Processing
    [*]Added Cron Support (Cron scripts will run daily, weekly, and monthly)
    [*]New Aroma UI Setup
    [*]Full (GPU) rendering is turned off by default
    [*]Fixed init.d scripts
    [*]More app clean-up
    [*]Using Motley Beta v2.4
    [*]Update - Beats Audio & Xloud
    [*]Update - V6 SuperCharger
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.3-Patch
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix Accounts & Sync FC
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta - 0.0.3
    [LIST]
    [*]Remove software(CPU) rendering and use full(GPU) rendering
    [*]Adjusted UI frame rate
    [*]Removed more ASUS Apps
    [*]Using Motley Beta v2.0 (Thanks _motley)
    [*]Added Back V6 SuperCharger (Thanks zeppelinrox)
    [*]New su binary (Thanks Wraithdu)
    [*]Added KickAssKernelizer (Thanks zeppelinrox)
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta v0.0.2
    [LIST]
    [*]Fix Memory leaks
    [*]Mount all partitions as Read-Only
    [*]Compression level set 9 on all apps/framework
    [*]Removed V6 SuperCharger until fully tested
    [*]Tweak even more setting
    [*]Darky's Zipalign script that actually works
    [*]NEW zipalign binary
    [*]NEW sqlite3 binary
    [*]Wraithdu BusyBox v1.19.4 (Thanks Wraithdu)
    [*]Added MasterZen's GPS Fix
    [*]Beats Audio & Xloud (Thanks RockoDev)
    [*]Added CM9 DSP Manager
    [*]VolumePlus v1.9-RB3 (Thanks Meltus)
    [/LIST]

WSG Beta v0.0.1
    [LIST]
    [*]Based on ASUS release US 9.4.2.15
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Unsecure Boot.img
    [*]Mounted all partitions as Read/Write
    [*]Rooted
    [*]Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
    [*]Normal mode running at 1.4Ghz, High performance running at 1.6Ghz
    [*]Ext 4 tweaks
    [*]Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
    [*]System tweak for optimal performance
    [*]Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
    [*]V6 SuperCharger
    [/LIST]
    New Release ..Have Fun!
    New WSG BETA v0.0.6 Rom ready for your flashing needs!!!!
    Reserved for me!!
    Looking forward to your new update. How's it coming?

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

Well the rom I had re-built from the ground up had to many issue to address at this moment. SO for now I going to release a v7 that should fix most of the problems. Currently in testing.