[Video] How I installed EB40 battery in my Atrix HD

Search This thread

ABOTXPEHBAM

Nov 1, 2012
A few people wanted to see the video of how to do that mod I decided to capture my experience. It took about 40 min total, but I edited out some parts that were not important or was just me looking for tools and trying different things. For example it took me some time and effort to remove the original battery and I found that using a plastic card like credit card to pry it of is the best way to do it.

I've been using the information from xda for awhile so it's my time to give something back :) I hope it helps someone on this forum.

There is no sound on purpose. ( I hate when I look at someones video and hear their stupid comments or weird sounds while they doing something :) I think it's self explanatory, but if you have questions please ask and I'll try to post comments in the video.

Here it is. Don't be to harsh on me, it was my first attempt :)

I also suggest to read this thread which was an inspiration for my endeavor:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1906371

Good luck.

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
Oh hell no, doing it without cutting the plastic is just plain butchering. :(

Just because its *possible* to fold the battery like clay, doesnt mean you *should* do it, damn!

ABOTXPEHBAM

Nov 1, 2012
Oh hell no, doing it without cutting the plastic is just plain butchering. :(

Just because its *possible* to fold the battery like clay, doesnt mean you *should* do it, damn!

Well it's a bit unclear, but I made about eights of an inch cut in plastic on both sides of the battery which allows it to bend up and provides the room for the battery without cutting out plastic completely :)

See video at 12:25

Last edited:

Aman27deep

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for the video, but would it be possible for you to upload the video in HD? It's very blurry.

capran

Apr 20, 2012
Ok, maybe I missed it, but what does this get you? Is the replacement significantly better?

capran

Apr 20, 2012
2 1/2 days on a single charge? Wow. I'm lucky if I get maybe 9 hours before it complains of low bat. My AHD has the Bell ROM so the battery preference page doesn't track usage.