[XPOSED] Android N-ify - Use features introduced in Android N on your LP+ Device!

Search This thread

k.mlynarczyk87

Feb 25, 2015
in the latest build bug in the form of repetition at the menu.

e92741866b8ab06b970e218b1dec530b.jpg

Wysłane z mojego XT1039 przy użyciu Tapatalka

abhimukesh25

Nov 12, 2010
Mumbai
While copying or moving file between in Es file manager or ther file manager it's FC back to 167 n everything fine now i m on official cm13 rom [emoji29]

aledex

Oct 28, 2010
Veneto
Build #171 seems to work fine, I had one system UI crash but I can't seem to be able to reproduce it.

Just one thing, since #599 (the last completely-bug-free build I've tried) I had this annoying artifact when selecting an option on quick settings:
ld89IsC.png

As you can see the bug disappeared once I took the screenshot, nor it happens every time.
KnCE1lI.png

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Latest experimental build status:
@MrWasdennnoch @paphonb

Working fine, without any issues over here (Moto X 2013, resurrection remix 5.7.4) and the settings drawer menu too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160924-104610.png
    Screenshot_20160924-104610.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 426

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Edit: I only noticed there's a little delay and lag when I open the settings app, and when I select some of the drawer menu options... Not a big deal though, but it does still something to be said.

SlimShady's

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 19, 2013
cd /world/europe/italy
I don't know if these changes have been made on purpose, so I'm just wondering if will remain like that or not :) (Check screens)

Latest experimental build status:
OT: Can you please tell me your theme?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160914-174643-compressor.png
    Screenshot_20160914-174643-compressor.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot_20160914-174648-compressor.png
    Screenshot_20160914-174648-compressor.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 746
  • Screenshot_20160924-155004.jpg
    Screenshot_20160924-155004.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 742
  • Screenshot_20160924-155010.png
    Screenshot_20160924-155010.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 730

MrHellRider

Dec 8, 2014
Mumbai
When i enable enlarge the first row only two of the tiles appears but i want three so if disable it three tiles appears but the wifi n Bluetooth icon does not enlarge any solution

thp@1997

Mar 19, 2016
Ottawa
www.mtk-dev.com
it seems that , latest build broke Settings Drawer. after 172. Untill 171 settings drawer was fine.

Edit :- It also broke Settings Dashboard changes. (Those Black lines)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160924-204752.png
    Screenshot_20160924-204752.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Reactions: ygg00

I.C.D

Mar 28, 2016
I don't have the settings drawer and there is a black lines in notifications and is the no top stack in notification/shadow has been removed?

Attachments

• xposed_error_20160924_230456.log
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android N-ify - Use several features introduced in Android N on your Lollipop and Marshmallow device!

Your device doesn't get an update to Nougat or you are just too impatient to wait? Then this module is what you need! Android N-ify allows you to use many of those new fancy features on older devices.

Important: Read here about the future of the module!

Supported features:
    • New notifications and quick settings
    • New recents design
    • Settings tile summaries
    • Quick Switch (Double-tap recents to switch to last app)
    • Use recents button to navigate through recents

Planned features:
    • Updates & Improvements according to Nougat source
    • Quick reply [Progess: 99% (Available in snapshots {NOTE: The apps actually have tu use Quick Reply. Even though it's implemented doesn't mean everp magically uses it})]
    • New QS animation [Progess: 95% (Available in snapshots)]
    • QS Editor [Progess: 99% (Available in snapshots)]
    • QS Pages [Progess: 99% (Available in snapshots)]
    • Emergency info on lockscreen [Progess: 99% (Available in snapshots)]
    • App install source in app info [Progess: 99% (Available in snapshots)]
    • Navigation draver in Settings [Progess: 50% (making it compatible with LP and other ROMs)]
    • Night mode
    • New crash message design
    • New app installer design
    • N easter egg
    Yep, that will be a huge update when it's ready.

IMPOSSIBLE features (so far):
    • Multi-window (I'm not talking about enabling the M Multi-window, I'm talking about the true N one)
    • DPI selector
    • Data saver
    • Tall recents. We can make them wider, but not taller.

Features I'm not going to implement:
    • New navigation bar (Use the module Nougat Navigation Bar instead)
    • New Doze mode (my implementation would be basically the same as the ones in Greenify, ForceDoze, NapTime etc)

Read the FAQ and Known Issues section below before posting a question or request!

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/tk.wasdennnoch.androidn_ify
    The builds above are outdated. New snapshot builds are available one post below.
    Only working on Android 5+. Might not work on ROMs that heavily modify code I'm touching with this module (I'm looking at you, TouchWiz, LG, and partially HTC).
    There are Snapshots available in the second post.
    Source: https://github.com/wasdennnoch/AndroidN-ify

Translations:
    You can help translating this module on Crowdin: https://crowdin.com/project/android-n-ify
    Contact me if you want to add a new language.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android N-ify, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    MrWasdennnoch, paphonb, Maxr1998
    Source Code: https://github.com/wasdennnoch/AndroidN-ify

Xposed Package Name: tk.wasdennnoch.androidn_ify

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 0.2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-29

Created 2016-03-25
    Last Updated 2018-09-25
    Known issues
    • SystemUI crash on OOS3 when opening recents. Disable the new "no recents" image to fix it.
    • On some ROMs the "clear all" button doesn't work
    • Depending on the DPI the volume panel may have a spacing on the left side
    • On some LG ROMs the header gets messed up. Disable the header tweaks.

FAQ / Bugreport Guidelines

Snapshot users: There is a FAQ about Google Assistant and Direct Reply available.

Feature xyz isn't working for me!!
    Good to know that something is somewhat broken for someone. I'll fix it in no time because I know exactly which Android version you use, which ROM and most important what went wrong. Many thanks for you detailed bug report!
    Now seriously, I get these types of reports way too often: When you report a bug, please first check the Github issues. If your issue isn' t reported there yet, open a new issue on Github and attach at least your Xposed log. Only post a logcat if an app (i.e. the SystemUI) crashes.

People seem to have features that I don't have in my version?
    If that's the case then you are probably using an official version from the Xposed repository. These are considered stable and most features should work for everyone. If you want to have fun with the newest features have a look at the post above, there you can find snapshots that contain the newest chages.

Can you please add feature xyz?
    First: I only add features taken from Nougat. If you want me to add something that isn't available on Nougat - No. This is no theming engine.
    If your feature is taken from N, first have a look at the "Impossible" section above. If it isn't listed there - Great! It will be implemented at some point if I consider it possible / reasonable.

If you see another regulary asked question that isn't listed here yet please tell me.
    HUGE Update: v0.2.0

It's finally here, the long-awaited update with new notifications, quick settings and recents! And before you ask, no, no quick reply yet, but it will hopefully be implemented in the next version! Same thing qith the quick settings: The QuickQS (Yes, that's how they are called in the code) aren't animated yet, but the most important thing is - they are there :D
    The recents also got a new look, they now fill the whole width and the "no recents" image looks just as in N! We haven't found a way yet to change their height. Oh, and the easter egg... see yourself :)

Huge thanks to @paphonb for adding the new notifications and helping with various other implementations. Also thanks to all translators who help making this module accessible to everyone.

Have fun experimenting around with the new features and open an issue on GitHub in case something crashes :)

Known bugs:
    • Some "clear all" buttons aren't working, disable the tweak to fix that for now
    • On some devices the volume panel and heads up notifications don't use the full width

Changelog:

Code:
    - New notification design
    - New status bar header design
    - New Recents design
    - More double-tap fixes
    - Use recents button to
      - return to last app
      - return to current app
      - navigate through recents
    - Option to restart SystemUI
    - App theme switch
    - About screen in app
    - Option to force english app language
    - Dutch, Farsi, French, Korean, Polish, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese translation
    Hey guys! I have a rather serious announcement to make and waited until after christmas to post it here (unlinke the guys over at CM ), so please put away the pitchforks.

As some of you may have noticed there weren't many module updates in the past weeks. In fact my last commit is over a month ago. There are several reasons to this. It may disappint many people but that's the way it evolved.

In short: I will stop developing this module.

That doesn't mean it will be completely discontinued though. I won't push any changes anymore (except for translation updates) but the build server is still running, so if anybody wants to make some changes (or a collaborator) they will become available to everyone.

My main reason to stop developement is that I'm not really interested in the module anymore. I already have what I originally wanted and what motivated me to continue (mainly the new notification design / animations). Now that this is done I don't really want to do anything new.
    I also recently flashed Nougat on my phone so I don't have a use for this module anymore and more and more phones receive an (inofficial) update for Nougat too.
    Another thing is that I'm mainly the guy who is responsible for framework compatibility, for making the module work on a wide variety of devices. The problem is that it's a rather boring and repetitive task. I basically have to decompile every SystemUI, find the issue and try to fix it or work around it. Fixing such an issue can take up multiple days because you have to install the new version, reboot, test it and report back. Different tine zones can slow it down even more. And with every new feature there comes a flood of new bugs and incompatibilities which want to be resolved. People posting duplicates or insufficient information (or just completely stop responding) don't help either.
    Then, as I just mentioned, there's the "problem" with Xposed that you have to reboot the phone every time you test a change, and if I'm not sure how something works or how to fix it it takes up multiple hours in which I basically just wait for my device to boot up.
    Also I want to spend time with other modules or apps that I've completely neglected while I was busy with N-ify. I'm currently develping a "normal" app with all the material beauty and animations and it's just way more fun than waiting and waiting over and over again. I also want to start working on LockMod again and support more than just styling the pattern (even though the rainbow shaders are fun).

The 2 main contributors @paphonb and @Maxr1998 also won't actively develop the module anymore for similar reasons.

I hope I didn't burst anyone's bubble or made somebody really sad. It's just the way it turned out to be. And as I said it's not completely abandoned, changes will still be built and will be available for everyone to download.

Having this off my chest I want to wish everyone happy holidays (afterwards) and a happy new year!
    The changelog can be found here: https://github.com/wasdennnoch/AndroidN-ify/blob/master/changelog.md

Snapshots:
    Thanks to @paphonb and @Maxr1998 there will be a new build every time a new commit gets pushed to the open source repository. Note that you have to uninstall the official version before installing a snapshot and vice versa. You can find the newest preview builds here: https://paphonb.xyz/site/jenkins/job/AndroidN-ify/
    These builds also contain experimental features, but you have to guess how to tap them - eh, unlock them.