[ROM][P720][JB 4.1.2][11/03/2013] PAC-man for Optimus 3D Max [AOKP]+[PARANOID]+[CM10]

Search This thread

McDope

Dec 8, 2010
Dortmund
blog.mcdope.org
pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

I guess every one know PACman, it's CM+AOKP+PA. So same bugs, same features. I didn't added, removed, or modified, anything - just put the p720 device tree into the source (synced against latest repos) and built it. So all credits goes to the awesome CyanogenMod Team, and of course the folks from ParanoidAndroid and PACman.

And many thanks to the whole community, without XDA and the awesome tutorials this wouldn't be possible.

How to flash: Same like CM10. If I need to tell you this, you better don't flash :cool:
Not working: 3D Features of course

No Gapps included! Flash the usual jellybean pack, like found here –> Goo.im

Remark: Don't be to harsh, this is my first rom :p
Source: In case anyone want it, all "my" sources are on Github.

r2 - First update!

• Added (or better said removed from packaging removal) ParanoidPreferences
  • Added ParanoidWallpapers
  • Added LG ICS Bootanimation (sourced from androidbootanimation.com)
  • Newest jellybean sources from all upstream repos
Download Update #1 / r2 -> [obsolete]

r3 - Second update!

• Removed Superuser + SuperSU, added koush's variant instead
  • Updated kernel from 3.0.21 to 3.0.39! Performance, and hopefully battery, improvements
    • Antutu Score: ~450 points increase
    • Quadrant Score: ~300 points increase
    • Note: benchmarks got done @ 1200 Mhz and performance scheduler, but kernel defaults to 1000Mhz and interactive! You can adjust this in the usual places...
  • Again synced with latest upstream sources, but no real changes there...
Download Update #2 / r3 -> p720_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0_r3-final.zip - 140.54 MB

NOTE: I've stopped all work on this ROM, since I got annoyed from not getting CM10.1 to boot and the loosy battery performance of the 3D Max. So my 3D Max went to the pocket of my wife and I switched to a more developer friendly device - Xperia Z. :) I'll still answer questions here (no PMs please - esp. if you disabled recieving them :D), but no updates anymore for sure. There wouldn't be real changes anyway...

ANOTHER NOTE, THREE YEARS LATER: This ROM is still dead - nothing changed from the infos in this thread. There is NO need to ask me questions about it by PM. Which, on another note, sucks anyway - questions belong in the thread! Even if I wanted to answer them, I couldn't - see, it's ridiculous there is even a need to tell so, I haven't used it for 3 years now... Also I recommend to stay away from this device as far as you can - it just sucks.

Last edited:

McDope

Dec 8, 2010
Dortmund
blog.mcdope.org
Thanks for the rom. Gotta love the PAC. Which CM10 built did you use?

Its compiled from latest jellybean branch, so its CM10.

There is currently no CM10.1 device tree for our p720, but i will try to get a working 10.1 compile, but that wont be as easy as this so dont expect much. Like written, im totally new to Android builds xD

Last edited:
Reactions: boly007 and defcomg

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi
Re: [ROM][P720][JB] PAC-man for Optimus 3D Max [AOKP]+[PARANOID]+[CM10]

i am gonna try it and report you as soon as possible

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda app-developers app

Eklovya

Dec 22, 2011
Delhi

I guess every one know PACman, it's CM+AOKP+PA. So same bugs, same features. I didn't added, removed, or modified, anything - just put the p720 device tree into the source (synced against latest repos) and built it. So all credits goes to the awesome CyanogenMod Team, and of course the folks from ParanoidAndroid and PACman.

And many thanks to the whole community, without XDA and the awesome tutorials this wouldn't be possible.

How to flash: Same like CM10. If I need to tell you this, you better don't flash :cool:

Still reading? Wanna download? Then here we go -> p720_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip - 132.43 MB

Screenshots

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359653323252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359653323252.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359653347620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359653347620.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,391
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359653367336.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359653367336.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,263
Reactions: McDope

boly007

Feb 12, 2012

Hi thanks for great work I don't know why in the stock GB the amount of ram is about 950 but in the cm it's about 750 :eek:

Sent from my LG-P725 using Tapatalk 2

iddpioneer

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for your ROM, I was thinking about cutomizing it.

Any problems with it ?

IF no, any clues or tips ?

McDope

Dec 8, 2010
Dortmund
blog.mcdope.org
Thanks for your ROM, I was thinking about cutomizing it.

Any problems with it ?

IF no, any clues or tips ?

Even if I had problems with it, the cool thing about GPL code is that it wouldn't matter :D But no, i've got no problem with it - go ahead and pimp the hell out of it.

But be careful if you use "my" kernel, and/or device tree. The github for both has a bunch of commits that never went into this rom. This is because of many tries to get CM10.1 based code booting (getting it to compile was easy, but hangs on bootscreen forever - i gave up on it). If you wanna fiddle with it, and get problems, i'll try to help you. But i don't have the Max anymore for testing...

I've got annoyed from not getting CM10.1 to work and the absolutly crappy battery life. So i would be perfectly fine if you "overtake" it. (Got myself a yuga / Xperia Z and dumped the LG to my wife - thanks to a tax payback :D)

Last edited:

iddpioneer

Dec 11, 2010
Even if I had problems with it, the cool thing about GPL code is that it wouldn't matter :D But no, i've got no problem with it - go ahead and pimp the hell out of it.

But be careful if you use "my" kernel, and/or device tree. The github for both has a bunch of commits that never went into this rom. This is because of many tries to get CM10.1 based code booting (getting it to compile was easy, but hangs on bootscreen forever - i gave up on it). If you wanna fiddle with it, and get problems, i'll try to help you. But i don't have the Max anymore for testing...

I've got annoyed from not getting CM10.1 to work and the absolutly crappy battery life. So i would be perfectly fine if you "overtake" it. (Got myself a yuga / Xperia Z and dumped the LG to my wife - thanks to a tax payback :D)

Thanks for your fast answer man!

Just one tip I promise that I don´t bother you anymore.

By now I was messing with copying files from one rom to another, some configurations, but I couldn´t understand for example why some apps don´t run in JellyBean ? Like the 3D ones and a non-3D like Polaris Office and Radio FM, its because of the framework or the lib ? or both ?

boly007

Feb 12, 2012
Hi
after years...
I've searched the whole internet for a mirror of this rom but no luck
anyone can upload it for me?
I want it for my father WhatsApp doesn't work on a4 anymore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

r2 - First update!

• Added (or better said removed from packaging removal) ParanoidPreferences
    • Added ParanoidWallpapers
    • Added LG ICS Bootanimation (sourced from androidbootanimation.com)
    • Newest jellybean sources from all upstream repos
    Download Update #1 / r2 -> [obsolete]

r3 - Second update!

• Removed Superuser + SuperSU, added koush's variant instead
    • Updated kernel from 3.0.21 to 3.0.39! Performance, and hopefully battery, improvements
      • Antutu Score: ~450 points increase
      • Quadrant Score: ~300 points increase
      • Note: benchmarks got done @ 1200 Mhz and performance scheduler, but kernel defaults to 1000Mhz and interactive! You can adjust this in the usual places...
    • Again synced with latest upstream sources, but no real changes there...
    Download Update #2 / r3 -> p720_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0_r3-final.zip - 140.54 MB

NOTE: I've stopped all work on this ROM, since I got annoyed from not getting CM10.1 to boot and the loosy battery performance of the 3D Max. So my 3D Max went to the pocket of my wife and I switched to a more developer friendly device - Xperia Z. :) I'll still answer questions here (no PMs please - esp. if you disabled recieving them :D), but no updates anymore for sure. There wouldn't be real changes anyway...

ANOTHER NOTE, THREE YEARS LATER: This ROM is still dead - nothing changed from the infos in this thread. There is NO need to ask me questions about it by PM. Which, on another note, sucks anyway - questions belong in the thread! Even if I wanted to answer them, I couldn't - see, it's ridiculous there is even a need to tell so, I haven't used it for 3 years now... Also I recommend to stay away from this device as far as you can - it just sucks.

Its compiled from latest jellybean branch, so its CM10.

There is currently no CM10.1 device tree for our p720, but i will try to get a working 10.1 compile, but that wont be as easy as this so dont expect much. Like written, im totally new to Android builds xD
    ;37461844 said:

(...)Not working: 3D Features of course (...)

Like stated in the OP, no. If we could get an official ICS or JB release maybe, but currently and in the next time: no.

Still reading? Wanna download? Then here we go -> p720_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.0.zip - 132.43 MB

Screenshots

Sent from my LG-P725 using xda premium