[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 mini I9192 , soft bricked.

Search This thread

redskies4you

Jan 27, 2014
Hello , looking for help to unbrick a partially bricked phone that allows me to turn on and use mostly everything , it seems to reboot itself every once in awhile. I can goto Kies and and try to repair but that doesn't work , also have odin with factory file and that shows Fail every time i try that. Hoping someone can help try to get back to factory settings.

Oh and i have read for 2 days here downloaded files and tried everything i can , but nothing seems to work. And when i restart phone it seems to go back to exactly where i left when it got bad root file or something. In the phone part even after i erase calls , it shows the people that called that day every time it gets restarted.

If anyone can help and walk me through , i'd be greatly appreciated. And i've watched i don't know how many youtube vid's on trying to get this back to factory mode.

Thank you.

redskies4you

Jan 27, 2014
just go into download mode and flash stock rom through odin.....

I've tried mutiple times and always comes up FAILED.

Tried Kies option also....

Apparantly its stuck in Titanium backup mode and occasionally does a reboot on its own sometimes. But even if i try to reboot after erasing tons of stuff out of it.... it comes back to what it was or how it was. So basically the titanium even though it shows up nowhere in my apps or phone... it keeps reverting my phone back to where it was when it got messed up.....:(

BAMTek.Inc

Feb 2, 2014
Try this

Hello , looking for help to unbrick a partially bricked phone that allows me to turn on and use mostly everything , it seems to reboot itself every once in awhile. I can goto Kies and and try to repair but that doesn't work , also have odin with factory file and that shows Fail every time i try that. Hoping someone can help try to get back to factory settings.

Oh and i have read for 2 days here downloaded files and tried everything i can , but nothing seems to work. And when i restart phone it seems to go back to exactly where i left when it got bad root file or something. In the phone part even after i erase calls , it shows the people that called that day every time it gets restarted.

If anyone can help and walk me through , i'd be greatly appreciated. And i've watched i don't know how many youtube vid's on trying to get this back to factory mode.

Thank you.

I don't know if the fail you get in Odin may be caused by having the wrong settings. I have ran into a few tutorials online that use odin, each one had a specific way. Try running it again with all the options unchecked except for the Auto Reboot. Also make sure you place the correct file(s) in the correct slot. example: any bootloader file goes into the bootloader slot, etc. make sure its checked. Then run again, this may be the only reason your getting a fail, it may have nothing to do with Odin or your phone.
Of course disregard this message if you had already fixed you problem. Also another possible fix would be to use ADB command to push the files to your phone, I suggest looking into it, there is a good amount of info on it online. It could help down the line with future issues to know ADB. Here is a website I found helpful, it is a guide to using ADB sideload to save bricked devices. ------- (android-revolution-
hd.blogspot.com/2013/12/ow-to-use-adb-sideload.html) note: just copy everything after the dashes and in between the parenthesis and paste into url bar on browser. sorry i have to be difficult, first time posting on this site and they wont let me post in a link, but this guide may be the answer to all your phone trouble. Plus I know how you feel, I just bricked my phone too and I know how agravating it is when nothing works.
Good luck and let me know how it goes

redskies4you

Jan 27, 2014
Thanks

I don't know if the fail you get in Odin may be caused by having the wrong settings. I have ran into a few tutorials online that use odin, each one had a specific way. Try running it again with all the options unchecked except for the Auto Reboot. Also make sure you place the correct file(s) in the correct slot. example: any bootloader file goes into the bootloader slot, etc. make sure its checked. Then run again, this may be the only reason your getting a fail, it may have nothing to do with Odin or your phone.
Of course disregard this message if you had already fixed you problem. Also another possible fix would be to use ADB command to push the files to your phone, I suggest looking into it, there is a good amount of info on it online. It could help down the line with future issues to know ADB. Here is a website I found helpful, it is a guide to using ADB sideload to save bricked devices. ------- (android-revolution-
hd.blogspot.com/2013/12/ow-to-use-adb-sideload.html) note: just copy everything after the dashes and in between the parenthesis and paste into url bar on browser. sorry i have to be difficult, first time posting on this site and they wont let me post in a link, but this guide may be the answer to all your phone trouble. Plus I know how you feel, I just bricked my phone too and I know how agravating it is when nothing works.
Good luck and let me know how it goes

Thanks Bam.... I'm just in need of all stock files Including the PIT file which is like impossible to find it seems to try and get this phone back to factory reset mode..... The phone actually works but anytime it reboots or save anything...ect.... it just reverts back to when it got tripped up. Thanks again for anyone's help.