Sort Apps on Touchwiz App Drawer alphabetically

Search This thread

Bierfreund

Jun 30, 2010
I'm searching for an option (App, Mod, deleting a file with Root Explorer, ...) to sort the apps in Touchwiz Application Drawer in grid view alphabetically.

captive

Dec 30, 2009
just go to settings / Applications / manage installed applications (or something like this), set applications filter to "show all" and wipe application data of samsung "Home" application.. btw, doing so you'll lose all your home screen settings (widgets, shortcuts..)

Bierfreund

Jun 30, 2010
I already know that, i should have mentioned that i don't want to loose my home screen settings.
I like my apps sorted alphabetically in the app launcher, but i don't want to reset my home screen settings each time i install / deinstall one or more apps.

antz88c

Mar 9, 2010
Why not just arrange it alphabetically, thats what i did.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

dutchcow

Jan 4, 2009
Is there something to manage your app icon locations on your pc like with the iPhone? I can just drag and drop and create menu's via iTunes.

Bierfreund

Jun 30, 2010
Any ideas which files are deleted if i delete the application data of the Home Application (as mentioned above)?

Bierfreund

Jun 30, 2010
The app order ist saved in /dbdata/databases/com.sec.android.app.twlauncher/launcher.db. If you delete the file and restart the phone (i think restarting the TW UI should also be enough) the apps are sorted alphabetically but unfortunatelly it also deletes the Homescreen settings.
So it would be necessary to sort the entries in the database file, which i can't do :(

Seff

Mar 8, 2004
I have looked at the db. It should be easy to backup the favorites table (home screen) and restore. Thus a simple workaround would be:

1. Export favorites table (home screen)
2. Delete the db file
Restart system/TW
3. Import the table
Restart system/TW

Maybe someone could write an app for Android, to directly sort the apps table (all application screens). However some apps are only referenced there (for example com.aldiko.android.samsung/com.aldiko.android.samsung.ui.Bookshelf) without full names. There must be a way to find the app name and sort alphabetically. It's doable.

Rumble6059

Nov 12, 2008
Nottinghamshire
IIRC you go into the settings and view as a list, then you can sort alphabetically. then just change the view back to grid and it sorts it.
think thats how i used to do it. got the TouchwizGTG now so cant test my thoery.
hope this helps, Matt

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
Not being able to auto sort the grid view is so stupid. I just switched the list view which isn't nearly as pretty. Oh well I don't go in there often anyways but at least when I do I can find something in fairly short and predictable amount of time.

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
As has been stated, TouchWiz GTG already has this functionality already and more...

Top Liked Posts