[APP] Nexus 4 Modem Flasher and LTE enabler [11/10/2014]

Search This thread

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
I have been working on this app for the past week and it is finally ready for release! It needs some cleaning up and a couple more features, but it is fully working as is. I had no experience with java or android app development before creating this. I am currently taking Computer Science at school and learning C++

6pxt8.png

Current features:
  • Choose and flash all of the available stock Nexus 4 modem images
  • Choose to flash some of the most popular Hybrid Modems with LTE enabled (More coming soon)
  • Auto flashes in recovery
  • Enable needed LTE at the push of a button
  • Ability to install latest TWRP for Nexus 4 from app.

Planned features:
  • CM Backup script for build.prop tweaks
  • Clean up UI
  • Credits in app
  • Request something good :D

Requirements:
  • Nexus 4 of course
  • Root

Credits:

Changelog

Available on Google Play
Or direct download here

App is now open source!
https://github.com/bpear96/Nexus-4-Modem-Flasher

Donate if you feel like it :).

Will I get LTE on my carrier?
This can enable Band 4 LTE on the nexus 4. T-Mobile in the USA uses this for their entire current LTE network. AT&T in US uses it in select locations. Various carriers in Canada and Mexico are also using Band 4. Check the link above for your carrier.

Last edited:

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
What do you guys think I should do something like this http://puu.sh/6iywW.png ? Or just leave just the 3 tabs , without the left drawer. I can put the Phone info menu (*#*#4636#*#*) in the overflow menu(top 3 tabs) along with about instead of the left drawer. Idk if its really needed

Edit: Or this maybe http://puu.sh/6iyQN.png , I think this might be the better option ?

Last edited:

nsdapm27

Feb 21, 2012
Nice app idea but unfortunately it did not work, tried enabling LTE and my phone froze and after a couple of minutes the app stop responding and it closed, same thing happened when I tried to flash hybrid radio, waited 5 minutes and never rebooted never flashed

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Nice app idea but unfortunately it did not work, tried enabling LTE and my phone froze and after a couple of minutes the app stop responding and it closed, same thing happened when I tried to flash hybrid radio, waited 5 minutes and never rebooted never flashed

Hmm, probably a stupid question but are you rooted? SuperSu or superuser? Did it ask for SU permissions?

nsdapm27

Feb 21, 2012
Hmm, probably a stupid question but are you rooted? SuperSu or superuser? Did it ask for SU permissions?

I am rooted and I did grant permission, even while the phone is frozen the message that the app has been granted permissions pops up, is it suppose to take a long time? I will try again

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Tried again and tried to be patient but still doesn't do anything
Everything works fine for me on CNA ROM with Supersu installed. Do you have SuperSU and busybox?(most roms have busybox installed)

Depending on your data speed it could take awhile to download the 20MB modem.zip. I am going to be adding a download progress bar soon.

Anyone else having any issues?

Last edited:

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
I did find a "bug" that prevents the 'Enable LTE' button to actually work on ROMs with Selinux enforcing (CM and I believe stock). It is fixed and I will be releasing beta 2 soon.

Reactions: SeemannBootlegs

nsdapm27

Feb 21, 2012
Everything works fine for me on CNA ROM with Supersu installed. Do you have SuperSU and busybox?(most roms have busybox installed)

Depending on your data speed it could take awhile to download the 20MB modem. I am going to be adding a download progress bar soon.

Well I'm on aosp h+ but nothing, if it's working for others then it must my rom

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Beta 2 Uploading now :D

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed 'Enable LTE' Build.prop option in certain situations
  • Use different method for downloading modems, should provide better performance and experiance

New features:

• Ask for SuperUser persions on app start
  • Show download progress in notifications
  • *#*#4636#*# menu shortcut (in menu overflow top right)

Reactions: SeemannBootlegs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been working on this app for the past week and it is finally ready for release! It needs some cleaning up and a couple more features, but it is fully working as is. I had no experience with java or android app development before creating this. I am currently taking Computer Science at school and learning C++

6pxt8.png

Current features:
    • Choose and flash all of the available stock Nexus 4 modem images
    • Choose to flash some of the most popular Hybrid Modems with LTE enabled (More coming soon)
    • Auto flashes in recovery
    • Enable needed LTE at the push of a button
    • Ability to install latest TWRP for Nexus 4 from app.

Planned features:
    • CM Backup script for build.prop tweaks
    • Clean up UI
    • Credits in app
    • Request something good :D

Requirements:
    • Nexus 4 of course
    • Root

Credits:

Changelog

Available on Google Play
    Or direct download here

App is now open source!
    https://github.com/bpear96/Nexus-4-Modem-Flasher

Donate if you feel like it :).

Will I get LTE on my carrier?
    This can enable Band 4 LTE on the nexus 4. T-Mobile in the USA uses this for their entire current LTE network. AT&T in US uses it in select locations. Various carriers in Canada and Mexico are also using Band 4. Check the link above for your carrier.
    Okay, So im still working on the new simplified app. But for now I have a build with latest 1.03 modems for you guys.

Not on play store at the moment, but here is the APK.
    Im working on an update that is going to make things much more simple.

Auto detecting what version of android you are on, then use recommended radio to enable LTE in one click, and again disable lte and flash recommended stock modem in one click. Im still going to leave an advanced mode that can be toggle which will be similar to how the app is today.
    New beta build:

Lost keystore from old app sadly :( . Wont happen again, made sure to have it safely backed up.

Download here
    Really glad you all like the app so much! But I have ran into a problem. I have lost the keystore required to sign my app. I can make a new one, but that will require me to release on the play store as a new app unfortunately. I am going to try to recovery it, or find a backup of it. But if that fails I will be removing the ads from soon to be released free version.