[ROM][32a][32b][3.22][Froyo] CM6-Minimou-final (09/04/2010)

Search This thread

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
NOTE: Minimou is now discontinued in favor of Minidoudou, an online ROM cutomizer. See the official thread !

Minimou is a fully-functional, bloatware-free Froyo ROM for HTC Sapphire (32A/B) based on CyanogenMod

Disclaimer

This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
By installing this software on your phone, you are voiding the manufacturer's warranty. You have been warned.

Features / credits
- Based on CyanogenMod 6
- Kernel: 32A: GM's 32A port (08/12), 32B: stock CM kernel
- No unremovable bloatware (ROM Manager, AdFree, ...). You can install all that from the market if you want to
- Built-in non-system apps can be uninstalled from System / Applications / Manage: LauncherPro (make sure to install another home before, otherwise your phone will be useless), Music, Email, Talk, YouTube, SpeechRecorder, Maps
- Linpack: around 4.0 with JIT and compcache
- Great battery life

Known issues
- Trackball doesn't light up when receiving an e-mail or message
- Fashing after uninstalling a built-in application (such as Music) re-installs it

Changes in version 4
- LauncherPro upgraded to 0.7.6
- Updated 32A kernel
- New gapps

Changes in version 3
- LauncherPro upgraded to 0.7.4 and moved to /data/app. You have to backup your configuration to the SD card and restore it, and then reconfigure your widgets. Sorry for the annoyance, but I couldn't find a way to fix this.
- Moved Music, Email, Talk, YouTube, SpeechRecorder and Maps to /data/app
- Updated 32A kernel
- Removed black theme (colors in CM Settings, read instructions)

Changes in version 2
- ADWLauncher replaced by LauncherPro
- New kernel
- JIT enabled by default

Instructions

Requirement
- Radio: 3.22 (32A) (should work with 6.35 with some issues) / 2.22 (32B)
- SPL: 1.33.2010
- Recovery: Amon_RA Recovery 1.7

Installation
- Change your radio, SPL and recovery if necessary [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239 (downgrade section)]
- Download from the link below (put on the sd-card root)
- Download cmparts_ui.xml to the sd-card root if you want the black notifications bar
- Reboot in recovery (power + hold home)
- Do a nandroid backup
- Wipe unless you currently run CM6. Upgrading from CM 5.0.8 seems to work but with some issues
- Install cm6-minimou-final.zip from the sd-card
- Reboot
- For black notifs: go in Settings / CyanogenMod / User interface / Tweaks extras and import from cmparts_ui.xml. You can change some other cool colors (like notifications drop-down) into Notifications colors
- You can enable/disable compcache and JIT from Settings / CyanogenMod / Performance

Notes
- If you have issues please try doing a wipe before reporting them
- Please report issues here before cyanogenmod's threads or forums, they might not be present in the original rom

Download

Releases and nightly builds, along with QR-codes, can be found at
http://joelcogen.com/pub/android
img.php

Alternative kernels
If you want to overclock, I recommend dumfuq's oc614 kernel. The 710 version is very unstable.

Extra wallpapers
The wallpaper selection in LauncherPro is fairly small (read: there are only 2). If you want more, I recommend Mabilo Wallpapers, downloadable on the market or via this QR:
wallpapersQR.png

Screenshots

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,824
  • screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4,065
  • screenshot_2.jpg
    screenshot_2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,888
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,667
Last edited:

colin_ktp

Sep 3, 2007
Kraków
Unfortunately when trying to install there is error reported:

E:Missing file:
system/bin/backuptool.sh

and verification failed.

Currently updating from FroyoRedux 1.2

The Transporter

Nov 10, 2009
Brussels
not-a-number.io
I flashed my phone using ClockworkMod without any problem.

The rom is working fine and the black theme is very nice. Congrats !

The only problem I see is that we can't see the time because the font is in black...

Btw, which version of the gapps did you installed ? Because before trying your rom I tried to install CM6RC2 with gapps-mdpi-3 and BCrook Kernel but no luck with it at all. Impossible to install any apps on my phone.

Also, you should try LauncherPro and make it the launcher by default ;-)

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
I flashed my phone using ClockworkMod without any problem.

The rom is working fine and the black theme is very nice. Congrats !

The only problem I see is that we can't see the time because the font is in black...

Btw, which version of the gapps did you installed ? Because before trying your rom I tried to install CM6RC2 with gapps-mdpi-3 and BCrook Kernel but no luck with it at all. Impossible to install any apps on my phone.

Also, you should try LauncherPro and make it the launcher by default ;-)

Because ClockworkMod doesn't check the signatures, that's why I posted the unsigned zip!

Gapps are mdpi-3, but I use BCrook 07/18 (latest is 07/24) because I had wifi trouble with the other version.

I kept ADW from CM6, but I'll give LauncherPro a try, and maybe I'll add it in a next release :)

I'm very happy you like it!

The Transporter

Nov 10, 2009
Brussels
not-a-number.io
Gapps are mdpi-3, but I use BCrook 07/18 (latest is 07/24) because I had wifi trouble with the other version.

I kept ADW from CM6, but I'll give LauncherPro a try, and maybe I'll add it in a next release :)

I'm very happy you like it!

Hey Thanks ;-)

I'm happy to see that there are people around my town who does something with Android !

About the time color, will you do something too ? Currently I can't see the time on the top right because it's black on black !

About LauncherPro, trying it is loving it... it's better than ADW,it's also more beautiful and less ressources hunger !

jojotm

Jul 12, 2010
Mons
Hey Thanks ;-)

I'm happy to see that there are people around my town who does something with Android !

About the time color, will you do something too ? Currently I can't see the time on the top right because it's black on black !

About LauncherPro, trying it is loving it... it's better than ADW,it's also more beautiful and less ressources hunger !

Me too, good to see people not far away on XDA :)

You can change the time color from Setting / CyanogenMod / User interface / Status bar / Clock color
You should also change the 3 colors in User interface / Date and provider
I'll try to make this by default, but I'm not sure it's possible (alan090 doesn't seem to have found a way, but I'll keep looking)

I'll try LaucherPro later today

The Transporter

Nov 10, 2009
Brussels
not-a-number.io
Me too, good to see people not far away on XDA :)

You can change the time color from Setting / CyanogenMod / User interface / Status bar / Clock color
You should also change the 3 colors in User interface / Date and provider
I'll try to make this by default, but I'm not sure it's possible (alan090 doesn't seem to have found a way, but I'll keep looking)

I'll try LaucherPro later today

Problem solved, changed the color in Setting / CyanogenMod / User interface / Status bar / Clock color and reboot... everything's fine, I'm really happy ;-)

Thanks!

littlepaulie

Jun 9, 2010
hello jojotm :)
I'd love to try out your rom, however, I do not want to install other recovery but RA's, can you please post signed version of your rom as without it I am unable to flash it

gr33bo

Apr 21, 2010
Exactly what I wanted, rc2 with black theme and without any unnecessary apps. Much appreciated! :D