Screen quality/durability sucks

Search This thread
My screen has 2 problems:
  • I have about 7 dead pixels spread over the upper half of my screen. Very annoying, 2 are next to each other and thus extra visible. Worst to look at when I am viewing a dark coloured area.
  • It looks like the status-bar has burnt in. http://imgur.com/a/YM8xH#0
I'll try to make some decent pictures with a DSLR next weekend.

Does anybody else experience similar issues with the screen?

I'm afraid I have to relock the bootloader and flash a fresh install if SE advices me to hand it in, and I will also be without a phone for weeks.

skyboyextreme

Feb 14, 2011
Cairo
  • I have about 7 dead pixels spread over the upper half of my screen. Very annoying, 2 are next to each other and thus extra visible. Worst to look at when I am viewing a dark coloured area.

I'm afraid I have to relock the bootloader and flash a fresh install if SE advices me to hand it in, and I will also be without a phone for weeks.

no dead pixels here so far.....

Reactions: tinyXperia

taaviu

Jan 11, 2010
Tallinn
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia V

Well well....those are not dead pixels there.....but yes something weird is there's. I tryed look white picture with gallery and it looks strange.
After that I closed gallery and opened one more time and all was ok.
Especially this looks bad when I opening xda app.....tomorrow I try take some screenshots.

Edit:
543413b6-d1a1-9a59.jpg

Upper corner is looks weird
And I used "dead pixels detection " in market. Screenshot is built-in anyway.

Sent via my FXP046 MT15i®

Last edited:
Well well....those are not dead pixels there.....but yes something weird is there's. I tryed look white picture with gallery and it looks strange.
Especially this looks bad when I opening xda app.....tomorrow I try take some screenshots.

Edit:

Try using this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yota.screentest&feature=search_result
Especially the grey (second) and the grayscales screen unhide a lot. But how can you make screenshots of your faulty screen? So in your case it's the software?

Reactions: taaviu

kirbygonzalo

Sep 26, 2011
Dubai
Yes, I think its software problem.
I make screenshots with built-in app.
And no difference what dead pixels app I'm using, only grey color looks bad.
543413b6-7920-e642.jpg

543413b6-792d-d258.jpg

Sent via my FXP 046 MT15i®

hi, in my opinion, it is not a software issue, this is in hardware, it cause the alignment of the back-light to the lcd screen. some of the lcd have a thin fiber optic film.... if this on is not aligned or not totaly intact with the lcd screen there is a possibility to have a dark color....

this only on my own opinion.... thanks! :)

can you try another color, like red, green, and blue?

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Doesn't look like dead pixels - they are nothing like that. It looks like water damage. I've had to replace several BB and Nokia LCDs due to that (all had been "damp" at one time other). One friend had used a solvent aerosol cleaner on the phone and the LCD went "stained". Replacement cured it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyXperia
Doesn't look like dead pixels - they are nothing like that. It looks like water damage. I've had to replace several BB and Nokia LCDs due to that (all had been "damp" at one time other). One friend had used a solvent aerosol cleaner on the phone and the LCD went "stained". Replacement cured it.
But I didn't drop it in water. Could this be caused by damp air only? Also, would this be covered by the warranty? Can I 'repair' this myself by leaving my phone next to a hair dryer or in a box with silica gel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

no dead pixels here so far.....
    None on my Neo, 2 on my Defy. These ONLY appeared after I dropped it...

Edit:

Try using this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yota.screentest&feature=search_result
    Especially the grey (second) and the grayscales screen unhide a lot. But how can you make screenshots of your faulty screen? So in your case it's the software?
    Yes, I think its software problem.
    I make screenshots with built-in app.
    And no difference what dead pixels app I'm using, only grey color looks bad.
    543413b6-7920-e642.jpg

543413b6-792d-d258.jpg

Sent via my FXP 046 MT15i®