Help? I think S3 Mini SM-730W8 is broken

Search This thread

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (SM-G730W8) keeps booting into stock recovery mode but then it keeps freezing and the screen fuzzes up. then it just stops. Is it bricked? I cant even get my computer to acknowledge the phone is plugged in when I try to see if I can connect it. It wont charge either. D: this all happened when I tried to install cwm using recoveryx. Cdoes anyone know if there anything I can do? I've try takeing the battery out and that doesn't help. And I can boot it in to recovery mode because that's what created this whole mess in the first place. D: My phone is rooted so I don't know if the warranty is voided but I rooted using oneclickroot. Please help me!

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (SM-G730W8) keeps booting into stock recovery mode but then it keeps freezing and the screen fuzzes up. then it just stops. Is it bricked? I cant even get my computer to acknowledge the phone is plugged in when I try to see if I can connect it. It wont charge either. D: this all happened when I tried to install cwm using recoveryx. Cdoes anyone know if there anything I can do? I've try takeing the battery out and that doesn't help. And I can boot it in to recovery mode because that's what created this whole mess in the first place. D: My phone is rooted so I don't know if the warranty is voided but I rooted using oneclickroot. Please help me!

Can you enter download mode? So yes, maybe go into download mode and flash the stock firmware again. You can find it at sammobile.com
After that go into recovery mode and just do a full wipe.

Let me know if it helps.

Reactions: ninjablackwing

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Can you enter download mode? So yes, maybe go into download mode and flash the stock firmware again. You can find it at sammobile.com

Let me know if it helps.

By download mode do you mean stock recovery mode? I cant enter any mode because it freezes once I boot it up. And it keeps booting into recovery mode but it freezes once it gets to the point where the words "Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini" and then the screen just distorts and becomes pixelated. I think the reason this is happening is because I tried to install cwm but I installed the version for the S3 mini GT-I8190 and my SM-G730W8 isn't compatible with it. i can't flash anything right now so i don't know how i can fix it. :(

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
@ninjablackwing Taken out tour battery and hold vol. DOWN home and powerbutton at th en same time. Of that works you will see a yellow triangle and a warning. That is download mode...
Now just make sure your phone has enough battery a d search here on the forum how to flash with Odin. And do the same as in my previous post

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I8190

Last edited:

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
@ninjablackwing Taken out tour battery and hold vol. DOWN home and powerbutton at th en same time. Of that works you will see a yellow triangle and a warning. That is download mode...
Now just make sure your phone has enough battery a d search here on the forum how to flash with Odin. And do the same as in my previous post

Wait if I take out my battery how will the phone have power? and another problem is my battery was around 15% when it got bricked so will I still be able to flash the stock rom? can the phone charge in download mode because right now it just vibrates when I try to charge it. I read in the forums that a usb jig could force a phone into download mode so do you think I should give it a shot? but I don't if my phone is hard bricked or soft bricked :/

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Okay I was able to get into download mode and I tried to reboot the phone, then it worked and my phone works again. it turns out the problem was that my recovery mode was the i8190 version so it wasn't compatible. Now I have to get my stock recovery mode back. Do you know how to do that?

TonySuperPony

Oct 21, 2013
Okay I was able to get into download mode and I tried to reboot the phone, then it worked and my phone works again. it turns out the problem was that my recovery mode was the i8190 version so it wasn't compatible. Now I have to get my stock recovery mode back. Do you know how to do that?

Yes, search on sammmobile for your entire firmware. Don't pick the wrong one. Than flash it with Odin to your phone. For how to flash with Odin, search on this forum or on Google. Don't mess up. Read good and do it slow! Don't forget to reinstall kies before flashing with Odin or install your USB drivers for the phone again ;)

Last edited:

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Yes, search on sammmobile for your entire firmware. Don't pick the wrong one. Than flash it with Odin to your phone. For how to flash with Odin, search on this forum or on Google. Don't mess up. Read good and do it slow! Don't forget to reinstall kies before flashing with Odin or install your USB drivers for the phone again ;)

Thanks man :) I appreciate your help. my S3 Mini can finally go back to normal now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Let me know if it helps.