E980 tried to update itself, now can't get out of CWM?

Search This thread

imranh101

Jul 2, 2012
Had my E980 rooted on stock ROM. Was using my phone when out of no where it just decided to start trying to update and I couldn't do anything to cancel it... REbooted and it gets to the LG screen, at the top left says "Secure booting error Reason : Device unlocked, no secure boot!" and goes in to CWM. Try rebooting out of CWM and it just does it again.

What do I do from here? Don't want to brick it.

UPDATE : I just reflashed using LGFlashTool and it's fine. How can I keep the phone from never auto-updating again?

Last edited:

Vamfoom

Feb 18, 2014
Had my E980 rooted on stock ROM. Was using my phone when out of no where it just decided to start trying to update and I couldn't do anything to cancel it... REbooted and it gets to the LG screen, at the top left says "Secure booting error Reason : Device unlocked, no secure boot!" and goes in to CWM. Try rebooting out of CWM and it just does it again.

UPDATE : I just reflashed using LGFlashTool and it's fine. How can I keep the phone from never auto-updating again?

Which procedure did you use to flash using LGFlashTool? I found a couple of ways but one way require a serial number. One of the ways, the flash program seems to hang on start. This is possibly due to me using windows 8. Not sure.

imranh101

Jul 2, 2012
Which procedure did you use to flash using LGFlashTool? I found a couple of ways but one way require a serial number. One of the ways, the flash program seems to hang on start. This is possibly due to me using windows 8. Not sure.

Followed a guide, basically use the flash tool, before you launch it turn the date back to some time in 2011 on your computer, then you'll need to "acquire" a serial. From my personal experience, though I'd totally never RECOMMEND it, you could probably just GOOGLE "LGFLASHTOOL SERIAL" but... Dude, probably shouldn't do that... naaah....:highfive:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660 is the guide i used

poloruiz714

Jun 6, 2013

Just download Titanium Backup app, go to options on the top right corner, go to freeze apps, then find the option titled software update (or something like that), then freeze it. That worked for me.

inn2pink

Feb 18, 2012
Followed a guide, basically use the flash tool, before you launch it turn the date back to some time in 2011 on your computer, then you'll need to "acquire" a serial. From my personal experience, though I'd totally never RECOMMEND it, you could probably just GOOGLE "LGFLASHTOOL SERIAL" but... Dude, probably shouldn't do that... naaah....:highfive:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660 is the guide i used

There is a DLL that can be used to "modify" the flash tool. And removing the need for the serial key.