Alternative App Stores

Search This thread

gino_76ph

May 25, 2011
London
Hi.

I'm being tempted to buy the new Kindle Fire HDX because of the build quality, amazing speakers and amazing specs. What puts me off is the lack of Google Play store but my main concern is not being able to download and sign-in to Google services and apps such as Youtube, maps, Email, etc.

What alternative ways (or third-party stores) that i can download so i can use and sign-in to most (if not all) of Google services apps that i normally need and have?

Please advice.

Thanks.

zXiC

Dec 20, 2013
Take a look at the forums. At this point you can flash your HDX so that it's basically Android 4.2.2. Thing like Google Apps will all work. I check Gmail and use Google Drive daily on my HDX.

HDX is the best 7 inch tablet on the market right now. Its only real flaw being Fire OS can be remedied by anyone even remotely competent.

Last edited:
Reactions: gino_76ph

Darrian

Feb 25, 2011
OnePlus 9
1mobile app store works, and you can download most if not all of the google apps through that. All that's really missing is the play store.

gino_76ph

May 25, 2011
London
My wife has the old Kindle Fire HD and i have downloaded the 1Mobile market plus Good e-reader and Aptoide successfully. I found most (but not all of them) Google apps there but i noticed that you can't sign-in to them especially Youtube. Gmail is no big deal as i can check my mails on my phone or Mac. And there is no Google+ which is a shame. Unless i'm blind or its there now but last night i can't find it.

I dont' want to root my Kindle Fire HDX as im not familiar in the first place and i am very satisfied with just sideloading apps and going through third-party app stores. If there is another way to download the Google apps & services then ill buy the Fire HDX today.

So, apart from the ones i mentioned above is there another way(s) to look for .apk files of my favourite Google apps like Google+, Youtube, Maps, Translate, Drive, etc.? Please??

ptrsnshane

Dec 13, 2013
My wife has the old Kindle Fire HD and i have downloaded the 1Mobile market plus Good e-reader and Aptoide successfully. I found most (but not all of them) Google apps there but i noticed that you can't sign-in to them especially Youtube. Gmail is no big deal as i can check my mails on my phone or Mac. And there is no Google+ which is a shame. Unless i'm blind or its there now but last night i can't find it.

I dont' want to root my Kindle Fire HDX as im not familiar in the first place and i am very satisfied with just sideloading apps and going through third-party app stores. If there is another way to download the Google apps & services then ill buy the Fire HDX today.

So, apart from the ones i mentioned above is there another way(s) to look for .apk files of my favourite Google apps like Google+, Youtube, Maps, Translate, Drive, etc.? Please??

Try this http://androidcowboy.com/android-apk-files-download/

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

gino_76ph

May 25, 2011
London
I am not desperate but it would be awesome if one can install the Google Play store on a Kindle Fire without rooting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take a look at the forums. At this point you can flash your HDX so that it's basically Android 4.2.2. Thing like Google Apps will all work. I check Gmail and use Google Drive daily on my HDX.

HDX is the best 7 inch tablet on the market right now. Its only real flaw being Fire OS can be remedied by anyone even remotely competent.
    1mobile app store works, and you can download most if not all of the google apps through that. All that's really missing is the play store.

Try this http://androidcowboy.com/android-apk-files-download/

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app