[Q] Please Help!

Search This thread

ipreetmalhotra

Mar 1, 2014
Amritsar
I have rooted my Optimus G Pro(E988) Stock ROM(4.1.2) few days back. Now Android 4.4 is under testing.
Will I be able to update it as it is, or should I unroot the device first?
Please help, and do mention any useful links.

cougar214

May 16, 2011
Sorry I don't have links but I do remember reading a few posts here on this subject. And from what I gather you don't need to unroot. After you rooted did you use anything like Titanium Backup to freeze or remove any of your AT&T apps? I did read that it's ok to freeze your apps but do not remove anything and it will still update fine. But don't quote me on this. There could me some small in's and out's I'm not aware of. Just do a search for your phone here on XDA for rooting and updating. It should yield quite a few results.

ipreetmalhotra

Mar 1, 2014
Amritsar
Sorry I don't have links but I do remember reading a few posts here on this subject. And from what I gather you don't need to unroot. After you rooted did you use anything like Titanium Backup to freeze or remove any of your AT&T apps? I did read that it's ok to freeze your apps but do not remove anything and it will still update fine. But don't quote me on this. There could me some small in's and out's I'm not aware of. Just do a search for your phone here on XDA for rooting and updating. It should yield quite a few results.

Thanks!
Mine is the international version, so no bloatware!
(frankly, i cannot see any benefits of rooting my LG OGP, no roms, no phone specific mods)

cougar214

May 16, 2011
To be honest, I think rooting this phone actually slows it down a tiny bit. I noticed after I rooted my clock widget takes longer to load now. And sometimes it takes so long to load Android home actually crashes for a few seconds before it recovers. Not every time of course. I love the speed of this phone and I do know not every phone is the same. If AT&T didn't stuff so much garbage into their phones I wouldn't even root it. That's the main reason I root, to get rid of that garbage.

cougar214

May 16, 2011
Well that doesn't sound good. Can you do a factory reset and get it all straight again stul?