[Q] Android 4.3.1 : "Insufficient storage available"

Search This thread

djalouk

Sep 2, 2011
I'm currently running SlimBean 4.3.1 build 2.2 final on a Nexus S (i9023).

I got the "Insufficient storage available" message when I tried to update or install a new app from the Play store.

I've tried to install Link2SD and set "Install Location : Automatic", but same message.

Maybe I should reinstall the ROM, install Link2SD and then download and reinstall my apps ?

Any idea ?

Last edited:

Fantassy123

Sep 28, 2013
I'm currently running SlimBean 4.3.1 build 2.2 final on a Nexus S (i9023).

I got the "Insufficient storage available" message when I tried to update or install a new app from the Play store.

I've tried to install Link2SD and set "Install Location : Automatic", but same message.

Maybe I should reinstall the ROM, install Link2SD and then download and reinstall my apps ?

Any idea ?

Do you still have memory available? Check it in your settings (apps or storage)
I've got this problem too with my old HTC desire HD with Stock Rom, I got i fixed by re-flashing the Same rom or Flashing a new one.

djalouk

Sep 2, 2011
Thank you for your help.

I reflashed the ROM few days ago, reinstall most of my apps, restore some others with Titanium Backup and use Link2SD to move all of them to the SD card.

Today, I have the same message: "Insufficient storage available" when I try to update an app from the Play Store.

Here are my Link2SD Storage Info :

Internal: 64% Free - Used: 357MB - Free: 651MB
SD Card: 37% Free - Used: 8.26GB - Free: 5.05GB
SD Card 2nd Part. : not found
System: 54% Free - Used: 231MB - Free: 273MB
Cache: 99% Free - Used: 3.03MB - Free: 466MB

In SlimBean ROM, for instance, Gmail is a system app, I tried to clean the cache of this app, but still the same error message...

droidshan

Oct 17, 2013
Thank you for your help.

I reflashed the ROM few days ago, reinstall most of my apps, restore some others with Titanium Backup and use Link2SD to move all of them to the SD card.

Today, I have the same message: "Insufficient storage available" when I try to update an app from the Play Store.

In SlimBean ROM, for instance, Gmail is a system app, I tried to clean the cache of this app, but still the same error message...

yeah... yesterday I also faced the same situation.your internal mem free space would be low.even if you use link2sd your apps datas would be still there in internal memory.

when i searched my device I saw an app with 450 mb of data , so I removed it and tried update of my apps. bingo!!! everything is working fine.....
all the best...

Reactions: djalouk

djalouk

Sep 2, 2011
yeah... yesterday I also faced the same situation.your internal mem free space would be low.even if you use link2sd your apps datas would be still there in internal memory.

when i searched my device I saw an app with 450 mb of data , so I removed it and tried update of my apps. bingo!!! everything is working fine.....
all the best...

Problem solved. I removed one app and now everything is working fine. But I still don't understand why the low memory free space status isn't reflected is the storage settings.

Thanks.

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
its a strange issue and one of my friends got the same issue on his S2 with a stock rom,

still having about 200MB of free memory for apps, he couldnt update any app that was larger than ~40MB.

I dunno the whole logic behind hat. Even if it needs space to download it (1.), unpack it (2.) and replace the existing (3.), one should still have about 80MB left (200-(3x40))...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for your help.

all the best...