just got a system update from google

Search This thread

ryude

Jun 19, 2010
USA
Root will not affect your ability to receive OTA updates, the only thing that can affect it is custom kernel.

Mighty07

Jun 30, 2009
were you rooted when u received the update?

Neither me or the phone. :)
It won't affect the ability to receive OTA's, only if you change to a custom system version.

Note: Interesting, just run "checkin" to force the check and it showed me again the system update.
At least I'm able to read properly the message.
"This system update from Google contains important bug fixes plus the latest version of Maps."

Last edited:

Almamy1

Jul 22, 2010
Tucson
Does anyone know if the NFC functionality has been updated to do more than tag reading?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

momohammed20

Sep 12, 2008
in order to extract the url for the system update, we need to run alogcat from the market, then when the update notification appears look in your logs for a url that says something like clients.google . You can install alogcat, then set filter to clients.google

edit: you can even go into preferences, and have the log save every hour

onthecouchagain

Aug 13, 2010
Hope the update brings fixes to some of the more minor issues mentioned (like blurry MMS, or random ringtone/SMS tone changes, browser lag, etc.). Looking forward to a list of what is addressed in this update. An update less than a week after release is testament to the benefit of owning a Google phone.

Oct 1, 2009
Cupertino
I was really disappointed with the MMS issue and was considering returning the S and going back to the One... but if this fixes the issue. Then I'll be happy. Especially since they got to it fast.

sherifone

May 29, 2009
Hope the update brings fixes to some of the more minor issues mentioned (like blurry MMS, or random ringtone/SMS tone changes, browser lag, etc.). Looking forward to a list of what is addressed in this update. An update less than a week after release is testament to the benefit of owning a Google phone.

bad news, doesn't fix the low res mms pics :(

must be t-mobile related

nabromov

May 20, 2009
I also got update. I also noticed (in 2.3) problem with the call logging where the logging didn't update.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
I'm rooted, but when I tried to install the update I got a signature verification error from ClockworkMod. Does anyone have it in signed zip form?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

You must flash back your original recovery before you update the system.
You can flash back to clockworkmod after the update is done.

Avinant

Dec 17, 2010
Just tested out MMS receives, and the issue is still there. The picture looks nice in the chat window until you open it up to see a bigger version. Wonder if it's compressing it when receiving.

If you don't have the update yet, you'll probably get it soon. Mine just randomly told me I had it while roaming the Marketplace. If you want the latest Maps (3D version), I got it before the update by downloading Google Maps from the Marketplace.

Top Liked Posts