[$$$] Bluetooth HID Drivers for Verizon GT

Search This thread

kingharrison

Feb 13, 2007
I will pay for the development if someone can get bluetooth HID drivers working for the Verizon version of the GT. I have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard I desperately need to work with the Tab. This can be my lightweight emergency station to handle different servers if I had a keyboard to type with.

Thanks!

rmjdees

Nov 7, 2010
TekSoft (BlueInput) has been talking about adding a fuller Bluetooth stack to thier keyboard driver to help all of the android devices that don't include the full HID (Droid incredible, VZW Samsung Galaxy Tab). It sounds like they are trying to have something in February. teksoftco.com

r

kingharrison

Feb 13, 2007
Great! Though I still need something a bit more definite and sooner.

Any reason why taking the drivers from a Tmo one and putting them on a Verizon one wouldnt work?

Do they use different bluetooth chipsets?

TheCodeBenders

Nov 26, 2007
Washington, DC
I saw a tear down of a tab somewhere online I need to find again but a lot of wireless chipsets these days are integrated. Cdma wifi gps and bluetooth are often found in the same piece of hardware. This means we may have very different hardware from our gsm friends. This is to handle issues such as TDMA between bluetooth and wifi and other interferences.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

Technomancer

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
I believe on Tab in Samsung's ROM the Bluetooth keyboard support is in IME app.

For my CM6 build i had to enable BT HID in the kernel. Maybe if someone is building VZW tab kernels+initram fs they can try enabling BT HID in the kernel.

Boushh

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2008
Portland, OR
I'll check it out if I have some time this week. It *shouldn't* be hard to enable. No promises or anything though.

Reactions: Ainvar

mriscili

Jun 30, 2010
I'm willing to donate to get HID working on the VZW tab.

rjansen110

Nov 12, 2010
Denver
there is a keyboard that works with the Tab but it's not BT. I picked it up from the Verizon store and love it. Can even hook up speakers if I want.

robinsmy1

Aug 18, 2007
I compiled the kernel with bluetooth HID included, no idea how to installbit though and am afraid to make a brick.

Any suggestions.

robinsmy1

Aug 18, 2007
I am still running stock.

How would I go about replacing the kernel?

robinsmy1

Aug 18, 2007
I still have the compile kernel, but no Idea how to flash it, I have not found anything on how to flash just a kernel to only the boot partition. I do not want to touch the recovery partition just in case it does not work.

I have no problem with programming stuff, I am just very new to the rom area and want to be safe

robinsmy1

Aug 18, 2007
I have a zimage....can you give me a little tutorial on Heimdall....never used it. If you will, i will try my kernal....otherwise, I would be happy to upload the kernel here and let someone who knows how try it on thiers

Also, what about signing....does the zimage need signing or do I need some change to allow it to run unsigned?

Last edited:
Reactions: kingharrison

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll check it out if I have some time this week. It *shouldn't* be hard to enable. No promises or anything though.
    It needs to be a zImage, then flash it through Heimdall
    I have a zimage....can you give me a little tutorial on Heimdall....never used it. If you will, i will try my kernal....otherwise, I would be happy to upload the kernel here and let someone who knows how try it on thiers

Also, what about signing....does the zimage need signing or do I need some change to allow it to run unsigned?
    Just an update, I was working all night on this. I'm new to android hacking, but I got my custom kernel running with the HID drivers included. My keyboard and mouse both pair, but will not connect (I'm not sure if this is what happens on the default kernel, so don't know if I have made progress or not). Because it seems like it might be more than just throwing a new kernel in, I am going to try and see if I can port CM6 over to Verizon Tabs, and then working backwards if that works. I'll keep this thread updated if anything exciting happens.
    Actually, options is a menu item once it is properly enabled.

The long press menu will have connect, pair and options. Selecting options will give you the hid check you would need to select to make it work.