Miracast Waiting Room

Search This thread

drawde

Apr 23, 2007
Anyone know if the Fire TV has any Miracast support at launch? I saw according to the press release it's coming later this year, but not much information aside from that.

Last edited:

xaudiblex

Apr 20, 2008
Anyone know if the Fire TV has any Miracast support at launch? I saw according to the press release it's coming later this year, but not much information aside from that.

I posted in a long thread before there was a separate forum. I had no luck with Miracast. However, a new alternative has popped up. If you have a 4.4.2 rooted device, you can download Clockworkmod Mirror beta and the receiver app, and you can get similar functionality.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I posted in a long thread before there was a separate forum. I had no luck with Miracast. However, a new alternative has popped up. If you have a 4.4.2 rooted device, you can download Clockworkmod Mirror beta and the receiver app, and you can get similar functionality.

My FTV showed up today... I sideloaded the AllCast Receiver and AllCast works good. However mirror doesn't see the FTV at all. 4.4.2 rooted GN3. Never had a device it would work with so I'm not sure if the app is working (didn't support chromecast on my phone).

kansas666

May 5, 2013
My FTV showed up today... I sideloaded the AllCast Receiver and AllCast works good. However mirror doesn't see the FTV at all. 4.4.2 rooted GN3. Never had a device it would work with so I'm not sure if the app is working (didn't support chromecast on my phone).

Allcast is now available in the Fire TV Appstore. No need to side load it.

OnionC

Jun 24, 2014
Does Miracast work? I've a BlackBerry Q10 and it has Miracast screen mirroring built-in. Wondering if anyone has tried to mirror using Miracast?

XBMC and SPMC support Airplay. I have not tested it yet, but will tonight.

Does Airplay Screen Mirroring work? My wife has an iPhone 5s and Macbook. She wants to be able to Airplay from both her iPhone and Macbook (screen mirroring).

How about support for DLNA/Play-to/Play-On ?

Cheers

mgoth

Nov 22, 2006
Hi,

i just received my Fire TV and also tried to connect my Microsoft Surface2 via Miracast with the FTV...which did not work at all. The FTV Box is just not shown as Miracast enabled device. Do I have something to activate first, or is the FTV just not working with Maracas (for now)?

Tanks!