Aosp back to Touchwiz

Search This thread

robert90262

Mar 27, 2011
cali
Thinking about trying an aosp Rom if I decide to go back to Touchwiz can I just restore back to it I've read other users saying I will have to Odin back ??

kindrich

Thinking about trying an aosp Rom if I decide to go back to Touchwiz can I just restore back to it I've read other users saying I will have to Odin back ??

Definitely not if you're already on the 4.4.x bootloader. I'm switching back and forth between CM11 and TouchWiz stock all the time. All it takes is a quick restore in TWRP.

The worst case scenario is that you might encounter some Force Closes, especially from the Samsung stock apps. In which case, just re-flash the ROM and all the problems will go away .

Reactions: robert90262

robert90262

Mar 27, 2011
cali
Definitely not if you're already on the 4.4.x bootloader. I'm switching back and forth between CM11 and TouchWiz stock all the time. All it takes is a quick restore in TWRP.

The worst case scenario is that you might encounter some Force Closes, especially from the Samsung stock apps. In which case, just re-flash the ROM and all the problems will go away .
Got any recommendations?? there's a slot to choose from..

kindrich

CyanogenMod 11 is a good start: M8 is quite stable and capable of being a daily driver. The battery life is insanely good on CM11 stock kernel.

Slim AOSP is another stable one with active development.

Keep in mind that you're giving up quite a bit using AOSP ROMs: poor S-Pen support, terrible camera app (no slow-mo or 4K recording), no Wi-Fi & VoLTE calling, no aptX codec (higher sound quality for Bluetooth speakers) but in return, you'll see that your phone feels much, much faster and smoother (like the true beast that the hardware inside is). Also much better battery life.

So yeah, pick your poison :p

Reactions: robert90262

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
CyanogenMod 11 is a good start: M8 is quite stable and capable of being a daily driver. The battery life is insanely good on CM11 stock kernel.

Keep in mind that you're giving up quite a bit using AOSP ROMs: poor S-Pen support, terrible camera app (no slow-mo or 4K recording), no Wi-Fi & VoLTE calling, no aptX codec (higher sound quality for Bluetooth speakers) but in return, you'll see that your phone feels much, much faster and smoother (like the true beast that the hardware inside is). Also much better battery life.

He meant suggestions for TW Roms

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

You could always try my S5 Port

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.