[ROM][CM10:Hybrid] PARANOIDANDROID 1.992 (8/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thebz1

Dec 9, 2011
paranoidxqkmy.png

1.png

Find any combination you like, scale and project apps, widgets and system components!

2.png

3.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to thebz1
to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download Here, Or Here Make sure the file you download is PA-1.992-d2tmo.zip
  • CWM: Install Zip: Gapps: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
  • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings - DO NOT RESTORE YOUR OLD PROPERTIES FOR NOW
  • If you want to explore the various phone modes, tap "Configuration," chose an option, wait for it to finish, then do a manual reboot
  • Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ow-YQeex4

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

Last edited:

thebz1

Dec 9, 2011
How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

(8/28)
Added Quick Reply settings in MMS app (May be a little glitchy)
Brought back boot animation from 1.991
All CM10 fixes included in the 8/28 nightly

(8/23)
Now built from source!!
Newest CM features as of 8/22
Project butter recents in tabUI (2/2)
Quick access hybrid properties by longpressing a recent app
More refined hybrid algorithm to reveal more layout containers
TabletUI toggles
New Bootanimation

(8/10)
Initial Release

Last edited:

thebz1

Dec 9, 2011
Keep in mind that I do not own this device. You will need to be very specific with your bug reports so that I can properly fix them.

Last edited:

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
downloading now!!

You may want to put which version to download you dont mention people need the dtmo version not att you may want to update to specify that some people on here are not the brightest when it comes to flashing.

shawn157

Apr 25, 2011
I will be flashing today and will post any problems I have. I used this on my old viby but on the gs3 I think this is ganna be the best.

Edit: Did you use the 8/8 cm10 release? They had a huge bug with no boot. Just fixed it yesterday.

ikhtiaralam

May 20, 2010
I'm so psyched for this. Haha. My friends have had this on their GN and it was really different and interesting. Adding flavor to Cyanogenmod.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

omejia466

Jan 31, 2012
Waite Park
Is the delayed text msg bug still in this build?? Took 5 hours for my girlfriend to get my text msg to her?? anyone having issues with it???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ionic7

Jan 27, 2010
I am in love with this rom so far i have not foudn any issues and am loving the tablet med mode thank you so much dev

thebz1

Dec 9, 2011
Is the delayed text msg bug still in this build?? Took 5 hours for my girlfriend to get my text msg to her?? anyone having issues with it???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Never had this issue, if it persists let me know. If it's a bug from CM10 then you'll just have to wait it out

ikhtiaralam

May 20, 2010
Can we disable hardware keys after we enable the soft navigation keys?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

1.png

Find any combination you like, scale and project apps, widgets and system components!

2.png

3.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to thebz1
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download Here, Or Here Make sure the file you download is PA-1.992-d2tmo.zip
    • CWM: Install Zip: Gapps: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings - DO NOT RESTORE YOUR OLD PROPERTIES FOR NOW
    • If you want to explore the various phone modes, tap "Configuration," chose an option, wait for it to finish, then do a manual reboot
    • Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ow-YQeex4

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

(8/28)

(8/23)
    Now built from source!!
    Newest CM features as of 8/22
    Project butter recents in tabUI (2/2)
    Quick access hybrid properties by longpressing a recent app
    More refined hybrid algorithm to reveal more layout containers
    TabletUI toggles
    New Bootanimation

(8/10)
    Initial Release
    I finally learned how to build from source, I made a new build for the AT&T model. Building one for this model should be a walk in the park now. I'm really tired now so I won't do it until tomorrow though.
    Sorry for the wait guys, I've been pretty busy lately. It's here now though, enjoy! :D

(8/28)
    This ROM/mod is absolutely brilliant! I could play with this and tweak things to my liking forever. Props and thanks! Wish there was a Jellybro version.

The only thing keeping me from running this as a DD is that I'm guessing it won't see updates as frequently as other CM10 ROMs. If this ROM saw nightly builds, I'd probably be married to it.

Once Cyanogen starts pushing nightlies for his CM10 builds I might start merging them with this at every release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app