[ROM] Helly_Bean [4.1.2], based on sources of cm10, 11/15 also for i9000b

Search This thread

faizalr

Oct 31, 2007
Jakarta
[Anyone know how to fix it?
=faizalr;28887672]Just want to check with you guys if the Hot Spot wifi works in JB as I found it doesn't work in my device. I use V2[/QUOTE]

stenc55

Mar 12, 2010
I think JB has too much issues with sounds. I use my phone for alarm clock and this morning it didn't ring, it only vibrated. Luckily I had phone on wooden surface so there was enough loudness to wake me up.
Too bad that Stratosk is on vacation, I think JB will get boost with his kernels. For now I think I will have to go back to ICS.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

scubadude

Feb 6, 2012
Cape Town
urchindesign.co.za
I also had sound & camera issues. Second flash as per instructions followed disabling media and then clearing media data and reboot. Then enabled and another reboot.Then waiting a while and all is fine. So far no issues since and done several reboots since.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

RolluS

Sep 16, 2010
Near Paris
I think JB has too much issues with sounds. I use my phone for alarm clock and this morning it didn't ring, it only vibrated. Luckily I had phone on wooden surface so there was enough loudness to wake me up.
Too bad that Stratosk is on vacation, I think JB will get boost with his kernels. For now I think I will have to go back to ICS.

I'm using Bhu's version and didn't face issue with sound yet...

Here it is: http://beta.download.myui.fr/index.php?dir=Bhu1

I know DerTeufel V2 is based on this one + some fixes given in this thread...

david23400

Sep 28, 2011

you had to choose a ringtone alarm. that's not a bug. it's set to nothing at the first.

mr.klee

Nov 12, 2010
How comes some people seem to have problems and I haven't encountered any so far? Music/Sound is working, camera is working (even after reboot) and I haven't had any other problems so far that aren't app related (like setting an alarm for alarm clock extreme via voice command doesn't work). I came from Slim 4.2, wiped cache, dalvik cache and did a factory reset. Afterwards I flashed the rom and fixed permissions. Perfect Rom, thanks!

Oh, I just remembered one small bug: I installed Swiftkey 3 and set it as default keyboard. After a reboot the jb keyboard was the default one again. But that might be app related too...

bhu1

Aug 1, 2011
Jaipur
I think at last we have victory with deep sleep/standby battery. 5 hours of standby and only 1% drain.

Reactions: tkjeeper

turquoise.ht

Apr 21, 2010

Install ZEDGE from Google Play, you can adjust ringtones, notification and alarm sounds in this way. But first ---> Settings-Applications-All- Clear Data for Media Storage

Reactions: doc_2nas

stenc55

Mar 12, 2010
you had to choose a ringtone alarm. that's not a bug. it's set to nothing at the first.

Everything worked yesterday. If you look at page 79 or 78 you'll see I made a short FAQ how to make things, including sounds to work. But in the evening when I tested alarm clock it worked, camera worked, everything was ok. This morning alarm only vibrated, camera stopped working... I didn't reboot phone over night.
Now I flashed again withouth wipes, sounds are working, but while I typed this I got Google Play FC notification. And again just now.

turquoise.ht

Apr 21, 2010
Nova launcher

+1

Exact same problem. The moment I added the Android Pro Widgets to the home screen, the launcher started crawling.

BTW, Apex Launcher Pro works perfectly, without any lags and smooth as (u guessed it!) BUTTER!

Try Nova Launcher, absolutely fast....

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
Great stuff most everything seems to be working very well (GPS, calls, audio, data, wifi, camera) with some minor hiccups:

GPS works great, very fast 10-20m lock, but no compass in Maps.

Camera was laggy at first but after a reboot it seems fine.

Auto-brightness is acting weird. Pretty dim, then it randomly gets very bright and doesn't dim again until I play with the setting?

Pretty sweet overall though I do see only about 145 free RAM on boot after I'm all set up. Perhaps it will 'leak' less than ICS? My config there had ~190MB free on startup but had to be restarted every 1-2 days after it all filled up irreversibly.

mindphaser2k9

May 21, 2009
Poltava
Seems I found STR (not a fix!) for crashed camera and not working audio.
1. Go to the recovery and wipe everything
2. Flash the ROM
3. Fix permissions
4. Boot the ROM and ensure the camera works ok and audio works as well. If it doesn't work, repeat from #1
5. Install Devil Kernel Manager, run it and change RAM Settings to XL (if it says about a error, create a folder /data/local/devil with Root Explorer)
6. Reboot
7. See that camera and audio doesn't work anymore. Changing RAM Settings back to Stock doesn't help

I've tried this scenario 3 times and each time it 100% reproduced.
Hope this could help to find a fix for the issue.

Reactions: Segner

e34v8

Mar 8, 2011
For everyone having ringtones, notification and alarm tones disappearing in the settings after some use - just put your desired sounds in sd card folders : ringtones, notifications and alarms, then reboot and select (for ringtone etc...) from the files you put in the folders above. That way your alarm will not get you late for work :) .

The sounds selected for ringtones, alarms... from /system/media disappear in the settings after some use. At lest that is my experience.
I hope the devs fix that soon.

Reactions: kingtm

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
Seems I found STR (not a fix!) for crashed camera and not working audio.
1. Go to the recovery and wipe everything
2. Flash the ROM
3. Fix permissions
4. Boot the ROM and ensure the camera works ok and audio works as well. If it doesn't work, repeat from #1
5. Install Devil Kernel Manager, run it and change RAM Settings to XL (if it says about a error, create a folder /data/local/devil with Root Explorer)
6. Reboot
7. See that camera and audio doesn't work anymore. Changing RAM Settings back to Stock doesn't help

I've tried this scenario 3 times and each time it 100% reproduced.
Hope this could help to find a fix for the issue.

So Devil, and not working? Same here.

What kernel and bigmem setting do you all (other users) have, and do sound and camera work? Maybe it's kernel-related, or maybe it's related to the kernel being bigmem?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 3

choipadu

Sep 10, 2007
Terengganu
I'm having media issues as well. I think it has something to do with the micro SD card. Earlier, pictures and music won't show up on my phone. I've done full wipe and reflashing the rom several times but nothing seems to work. When I removed the micro sd card everything started showing finally but when I put back the card the problem started again.

I also noticed there's a folder in /storage/sdcard0 and sdcard1 for the storage. Is this normal? I don't remember having these folder in ICS.

2t0m

Jun 22, 2011
I think at last we have victory with deep sleep/standby battery. 5 hours of standby and only 1% drain.

1) Great ! With Cm10_unofficial_derteufel_bhu1_14-july.zip or cm-10-20120714-UNOFFICIAL-galaxysmtd-V2.zip ?

2) Everything works fine (faster?) with latest gapps 20120716

3) Do you guys have expandable notifications? I just have with MMS and missed calls. (No Gmail)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, to pawitp, FaultExeption, Jt1134, be18 and all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
    http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Install instructions:

coming from any other rom:
    - make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
    - flash allinone.zip
    - reboot recovery
    - flash allinone.zip again
    - flash gapps

if you are coming from a previous version, older than 08/28 your data will get wiped due to new partition layout!
    coming from previous version:
    - flash allinone.zip

Additional changes, compared to cm10 (this list might not be complete):
    - facebook sync integrated
    - option to enable high end gfx effects
    - possibility to activate and customize navigation bar (color of background, glow effect, transparency)
    - possibility to customize statusbar (color of background, transparency)
    - transparent lockscreen (taken from paranoid android, coded by jesus david)
    - edge swipe navigation (ported from sgt7)
    - ability to enable tablet_ui (ported from aokp)
    - kill-all button at recents panel (ported from aokp)
    - task manger button at recents panel linked to the built-in running apps service
    - customizable long-press-back-kill timeout (from 500ms to 3000ms)
    - added option to toggle lockscreen styles (jb, ics, gb, eclair, blackberry10)
    - option to use sense4 recents panel
    - misc settings in settings menu
    - added kill-all and taskmanager button to sense4 recents panel
    - added the possibility to set lockscreen text/image colors
    - added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
    - added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
    - added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
    - added possibility to display additional volume slider (similar to brighness slider from aokp)

many thanks to:
    - be18
    - mkalter, who got the first running jb rom :)
    - elitemovil (who was the first who got gsm working)
    - stratosk (from who's initramfs i could start build my first jb booting kernel)
    - teamhacksung/pawitp for the rom sources
    - team nyx who always have good tips for me, if i get problems with my kernel
    - SysTem-X for hosting
    - Rootax for hosting
    - RolluS for hosting
    - many thanks also to the other people who have created mirrors

- if i have forgotten you, please pn me
    Since official CM10 alpha got released today, I don't think, that there still is a need to update this rom. Going back to normal kernel business.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    uploading V2 right now to http://devil.haxer.org/jellybean/ as well as to http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/jellybean/

because of my upload speed, this is going to take about 1 hours...

changes:
    - rom slimmed down and gapps/su fix included (thx to bhu1)
    - replaced ear.apk with one supposed to work (user report)
    - replaced hw composer with the one from nexus s (this is the jb one, old release was using ics hw composer)
    - fixed recording of 720p (upstream fix to media_profiles.xml

install instructions:
    - wipe (coming from previous version, you also can try flashing without wipe, and wipe only, if you are facing issues)
    - flash
    - fix permissions
    - reboot

have to work now. cu
    kernel 1.7.4 is online now :)

i'll try to summerize the changes quickly...have to sleep:

- latest linux 3.0.46
    - latest changes from android kernel source
    - low mem killer changes from steve kondik (cyanogen)
    - updateted recovery to latest version
    - fixed charging issues
    - vibrator intensity changes from cm team
    - dynamical fsync by faux123:
    The dynamic sync control interface uses Android kernel's unique early
    suspend / lat resume interface.

While screen is on, file sync is disabled
    when screen is off, a file sync is called to flush all outstanding writes
    and restore file sync operation as normal.
    There was non working WiFi on Fishears 10/10 built too,maybe it just wasn't the good time to build.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896472&page=45

Had to clean my build folder. Wifi working now, after clean rebuild. I am trying to fix the other small issues, and upload the fixed version tomorrow morning... Compiling clean is taking many hours on my old computer...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2