Asus P552/P552W ROM Kitchen

Search This thread

RockRacker

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks for your quick help. I have alredy used the MSP_Remote Alignment dowloaded from the 1494 post. The skip buton dont do anything. It says always "An error ocured while trying to perform the operation". the activesync is green (connected) and i can see via explorer the information on my PDA.
Once again thank you for your help, but i have a feeling that its toasted. Probabily i am going to activate the warranty (i have it for 1 year).

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
BTW. Installing a cooked firmware from here could resolve my problem... Probabily not...
Thanks again.

You can try to put the last firmware and have also the Remote Screen Alignment program prepared on you PC to use it (try to pull out and insert again the USB cable and wait till the phone is recognized and then try the program if it gives error). Is good to retrieve first the screen alignment information and after that to use the SKIP option - this can be used when you install a new firmware or during HARD RESET, when the phone rich the screen alignment window.

Here is my screen alignment configuration file, try to put it in program folder: c:\Program Files\Code Factory\Remote Screen Alignment\ and use it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4hpqfg9x59laxx1/ASUS GalaxyMini2.dat

Is good to now that every screen has slightly different values for alignment, so this file can help you to escape from alignment window during firmware installation or HARD RESET but is advisable to do a fresh alignment as soon as possible running the alignment utility from SETTINGS-SYSTEM - SCREEN FROM YOUR PHONE.

Maybe You can control your phone by PC installing the MyMobiler program from http://www.mymobiler.com/

And remember: when you try to align your screen tap firmly just once, in one point, in the middle of the cross, don't drag the stylus on the screen!

lowep

Nov 7, 2010
Using p552w as a photo viewer?

Not sure if this is a nutty question but only one way to find out :eek:

I have a small battery-powered 160GB external hard drive that I use to store photos from SD cards when I am away from home and my desktop computer. It works well but does not have an LCD screen for viewing the photos stored on the HD. It does have a small USB socket where I plug in the cable to connect it to my computer. So my question is, is there any way I can hook this portable HD up via cable to the p552w so I can open it and view photos stored on the HD.

I figure this may be possible since the p552W runs windows mobile but am not sure how.

RockRacker

Nov 10, 2010
First of all thanks for the help ABM30. In MSP with your screen alignment configuration file dont work. I have done numerous hard resets and when it reaches that famous and well known window the results are the same. My Mobiler dont recognize the phone eaven with green activesync connection. I am going to give up. BTW wich of the roms in page 1 do you advise for my desperate case.
Once again thanks.

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009
First of all thanks for the help ABM30. In MSP with your screen alignment configuration file dont work. I have done numerous hard resets and when it reaches that famous and well known window the results are the same. My Mobiler dont recognize the phone eaven with green activesync connection. I am going to give up. BTW wich of the roms in page 1 do you advise for my desperate case.
Once again thanks.

Always the last one

Zerkon

Oct 23, 2008
thx you for your rom abm30 very good job !!

do you know if it possible work android on p552 (mini-galaxy extrom or other)
thx a lot

tranquill1800

Dec 26, 2009

Have been a silent reader all the time...seems this would be my first post..

1. I was wondering whether changing/upgrading to any ROM effects the radiation for the cell and does it any way affect the SAR string? SAR for Asus P552W is currently reported at 0.98W/kg. Does this increase/decrease in anyway with any change in ROM?
2. Can the tower checking frequency be increased/decreased with any registry change or any other base value?
2. ROM seems cool..I am still looking for a basic ROM with only the bare essentials which would help to conserve battery with minimum active services and startup progs. Would you guys suggest any ROM other than this?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanx!!!

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009

Have been a silent reader all the time...seems this would be my first post..

1. I was wondering whether changing/upgrading to any ROM effects the radiation for the cell and does it any way affect the SAR string? SAR for Asus P552W is currently reported at 0.98W/kg. Does this increase/decrease in anyway with any change in ROM?
2. Can the tower checking frequency be increased/decreased with any registry change or any other base value?
2. ROM seems cool..I am still looking for a basic ROM with only the bare essentials which would help to conserve battery with minimum active services and startup progs. Would you guys suggest any ROM other than this?

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanx!!!

1. Hard to say which is now the SAR value, what i can say is that the radio module/drivers has not change from the latest original P552W ROM - feb.2009 -, what is changing in ROMs is mainly the OS files/modules.
2. I don't have solution for the moment.
3. It will be some updates in a few days, 21686 and 23151 builds. I will make also some lite versions for them.

tranquill1800

Dec 26, 2009
Is the radio verion M4.6.5.P5.20081229?
Atleast this is the latest version posted along on the VIP AUSU web site..

In the next ROM, request for the bare essentials only...with no graphics, no fancy or hyped illusions and no other addons...I think we can make that up with other addons so as to suit individual requirements.

I somehow feel that adding the MP3 format for the alarm also consume much battery or might be because the mp3 is in my memory card that it keeps on looking for it...not sure...havent checked..

Btw, does any one have tried the 2200 MAH battries available on ebay? Just off the topic..

ABM30

Apr 24, 2009

In the next ROM, request for the bare essentials only...with no graphics, no fancy or hyped illusions and no other addons...I think we can make that up with other addons so as to suit individual requirements.

I somehow feel that adding the MP3 format for the alarm also consume much battery or might be because the mp3 is in my memory card that it keeps on looking for it...not sure...havent checked..

Btw, does any one have tried the 2200 MAH battries available on ebay? Just off the topic..

You can chek it in System information

gilker

Aug 24, 2009

hi
yes im tried 2200MAH battery but it's thicken my phone im not recommend for daily use it

my suggestion is 1300MAH battery its cheaper too

tranquill1800

Dec 26, 2009
21681: Excellent ROM..Gives Excellent battery backup..have been using that since a week now..smooth operation...the battery now lasts for 1.5 days instead of 3/4th of a day earlier with the original rom!

Btw, gilker, why is the 2200 mah battery not suggested? any risk of explosion or other damage? do guide..

Thanx!
Keep rocking guys!!!

cherrywrc

Jan 31, 2010
Is there a software that can backup all of my contacts/sms/emails and recover them after I change the build ?
Thank you

I use microsoft application Myphone. U just create an acc (u can use msn acc) and install the application. Then u can simply synchronize all your contacts, sms, emails, docs, pics... The only thing u need is internet connection. U can also use automatic sync each day... I use it always when Im trying new rom.
The only thing is microsoft offers only 200mb but to store info from phone it's enough...

And one thing. WME 6.5 roms include Myphone application, but U need to download new wersion from internet and install it. Myphone version included in rom packages doesn't work because it doesn't ask for an update.

Last edited:

tranquill1800

Dec 26, 2009
I use microsoft application Myphone. U just create an acc (u can use msn acc) and install the application. Then u can simply synchronize all your contacts, sms, emails, docs, pics... The only thing u need is internet connection. U can also use automatic sync each day... I use it always when Im trying new rom.
The only thing is microsoft offers only 200mb but to store info from phone it's enough...

And one thing. WME 6.5 roms include Myphone application, but U need to download new wersion from internet and install it. Myphone version included in rom packages doesn't work because it doesn't ask for an update.

I use SK Tools..a wonderful piece of s/w for tweaks and backups...u can pm me if u dont get the full version on google...
h_ttp://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

Keep Rocking!

Top Liked Posts