Updated with Pics! Diztronic TPU Case

Search This thread

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
Available here. As the title says, they are now released. I just ordered my One S tonight and going to order a couple of these cases. For those that have not tried this brand, I can assure you they are the best fitting and best quality you can get for a TPU case. I use one on my Galaxy S II.

Updated with Pictures!
So I received my phone yesterday (love it!) and decided to update this with pictures. It fits perfectly, snug, nothing loose and is thin and keeps the phone thin. My ONLY complaint is they didn't make an open port for the volume like usual. Instead they included volume buttons which are a little difficult to push but not a big deal. Pictures are of the Matte Black. Last picture is the Matte Black Translucent or Smoke if you will.

Front:
DSC01830.jpg

Back:
DSC01839.jpg

Power Port:
DSC01836.jpg

Headphone Port/Noise Canceling Mic/Power Ports:
DSC01835.jpg

Volume Buttons:
DSC01827.jpg

Camera Port (Slightly raised so should help protect it):
DSC01833.jpg

Speaker Port:
DSC01834.jpg

Translucent Matte Black (or Smoke if you want to call it that):
DSC01840.jpg

Last edited:

ascot17

Dec 17, 2006
At last someone is offering a matt black case rather than glossy!
Look very good. Ordered one each of the matt black and translucent black.

Last edited:

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
relatively thin in comparison to other cases though you might notice it since you'd notice anything on a device this thin

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
How fat are they, like how much do they add to the thickness of the device?

It's probably one of the thinnest cases you'll find. Maybe the featherlite is thinner but does not protect the top and bottom. The quality of diztronic is 10 fold that of any cheap ebay tpu case. Below are some pictures of my SGSII (I apologize as I do not have my One S or case yet) with the matte black case on it and next to it. You CANNOT beat this case for $10.

First 2 are a side view with case on and then off.
DSC01809.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

Picture of the top so you can see the lip. The lip fits tightly and does not warp out or bow out over time. had this case for 5 months.
DSC01820.jpg

A couple side by side photos to see the size of the case next to the phone.
DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

The case alone to see the quality of the build. No rough edges, has elevated lip around camera lense. Hole cutouts are precise and line up perfectly.
DSC01823.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

bmar08

Jun 27, 2009
Springfield, Mo
so are these cases in two pieces or one piece for the One S or do you know? I almost bought one off eBay over the weekend but was kinda iffy about the power button not being covered up.. from the looks of the power button i was kinda afraid that it would be hard to press if the case was very thick.. When do you think you are going to get your phone and case to possibly post pics of how it is on it?

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
so are these cases in two pieces or one piece for the One S or do you know? I almost bought one off eBay over the weekend but was kinda iffy about the power button not being covered up.. from the looks of the power button i was kinda afraid that it would be hard to press if the case was very thick.. When do you think you are going to get your phone and case to possibly post pics of how it is on it?

It's one piece. My phone arrives Thursday so I can take pics then. I already have the cases, they are same great quality as the one I posted pics on. There is a cutout for the pwr button same as my SGSII, it does not hinder pushing the power button but will report back once I have the phone.

Apr 11, 2012
Can anyone tell me the differences between the

Diztronic High Gloss Translucent Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Black TPU Case

How does each one feel, look and which one is recommended for both their aesthetics and their protection? If anyone has any of these, please share your thoughts!

makomek

Jul 2, 2009
Area 51

How does each one feel, look and which one is recommended for both their aesthetics and their protection? If anyone has any of these, please share your thoughts!

You rather buy all three and decide from there plus it's only $10 each.I have the Matte black but I don't use it anymore .I just don't like the look of it with the case, maybe cause this is my first ever case on a mobile phone I have ever own.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
You rather buy all three and decide from there plus it's only $10 each.I have the Matte black but I don't use it anymore .I just don't like the look of it with the case, maybe cause this is my first ever case on a mobile phone I have ever own.

I am going in that direction, although I am buying at most, 2 of the cases.

Which two should I go with?

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
How's the camera lens protection with this one? Since the lens is so large, the only means of effective protection is to have the case slightly thicker around the lens, which will help lessen the chance of objects directly striking the lens. If the case protrudes a decent amount above the lens, that's GOOD.

M

mulderc

Got my case today

Just got my diztronic case today (matte black) and it is pretty awesome. Still very thin but looks like it should protect the phone nicely. I dropped my last phone and cracked the screen so i am very paranoid about dropping this one.

My only complaint is that it came with a screen protector that is total crap.

Still it looks like a great case and is one hell of a deal.

Apr 11, 2012
Just got my diztronic case today (matte black) and it is pretty awesome. Still very thin but looks like it should protect the phone nicely. I dropped my last phone and cracked the screen so i am very paranoid about dropping this one.

My only complaint is that it came with a screen protector that is total crap.

Still it looks like a great case and is one hell of a deal.

What do you mean by that the screen protector is crap? Is it a crystal clear version? How is it bad? I was counting on this as a screen protector, if it is not good then I may have to purchase another screen protector separately.

makomek

Jul 2, 2009
Area 51
the cover is a hair thicker then the lense .I don't see a reason to use a screen protector since this phone has the gorilla glass ll ,I have a sensation and G2x with badly abuse and the screen is still like new.

ascot17

Dec 17, 2006

I ordered the Matte black black and Matte Black Translucent. Both arrived today. They are pretty similar. The translucent one is not quite as dark as the black (but not as grey-looking as the pics on the website). Only the back is matte finish. The front is glossy. I prefer the translucent one as the glossy effect is less obvious then on the black one.

Very nice cases though. Fit well and feel good in the hand. Would recommend!

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
I am going in that direction, although I am buying at most, 2 of the cases.

Which two should I go with?

If your looking for someone to TELL you what to buy then stay away from the high gloss. It will most likely be a fingerprint magnet and show scratches more easily. You should note that all cases the front rim is high gloss. I do not know why, my guess is so it matches the screen.

Matte is the best for hiding fingerprints and marks/scratches.

I have both matte black and translucent matte black, both look good but won't have my phone until Thursday to put them on and take pictures. Stupid slow UPS!!!!

M

mulderc

The screen protector was easily damaged by my fingernail. It was also very difficult to apply to the screen (but i have always been really bad apply those things).

Maybe you will have better luck but honestly i would go with a better screen protector. Right now i am thinking about just going without. The case makes it where the phone will never rest directly on the screen so i am not all that worried about screen damage.

This case is nice but i have to say with a phone this sexy it is a shame to put it in a case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Available here. As the title says, they are now released. I just ordered my One S tonight and going to order a couple of these cases. For those that have not tried this brand, I can assure you they are the best fitting and best quality you can get for a TPU case. I use one on my Galaxy S II.

Updated with Pictures!
    So I received my phone yesterday (love it!) and decided to update this with pictures. It fits perfectly, snug, nothing loose and is thin and keeps the phone thin. My ONLY complaint is they didn't make an open port for the volume like usual. Instead they included volume buttons which are a little difficult to push but not a big deal. Pictures are of the Matte Black. Last picture is the Matte Black Translucent or Smoke if you will.

Front:
    DSC01830.jpg

Back:
    DSC01839.jpg

Power Port:
    DSC01836.jpg

Headphone Port/Noise Canceling Mic/Power Ports:
    DSC01835.jpg

Volume Buttons:
    DSC01827.jpg

Camera Port (Slightly raised so should help protect it):
    DSC01833.jpg

Speaker Port:
    DSC01834.jpg

Translucent Matte Black (or Smoke if you want to call it that):
    DSC01840.jpg
    How fat are they, like how much do they add to the thickness of the device?

It's probably one of the thinnest cases you'll find. Maybe the featherlite is thinner but does not protect the top and bottom. The quality of diztronic is 10 fold that of any cheap ebay tpu case. Below are some pictures of my SGSII (I apologize as I do not have my One S or case yet) with the matte black case on it and next to it. You CANNOT beat this case for $10.

First 2 are a side view with case on and then off.
    DSC01809.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

Picture of the top so you can see the lip. The lip fits tightly and does not warp out or bow out over time. had this case for 5 months.
    DSC01820.jpg

A couple side by side photos to see the size of the case next to the phone.
    DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

The case alone to see the quality of the build. No rough edges, has elevated lip around camera lense. Hole cutouts are precise and line up perfectly.
    DSC01823.jpg

DSC01825.jpg
    best screen protector is the HTC one by far.
    easiest way to apply is to get some clear water on your finger tip and apply it from the side of the phone that you will use on the screen, then as it is on the phone, you get rid of the bubbles and fibres that might get in there much easier.

Sometimes the water will create some blurry spots on the screen, as fog, but they dissapear in a couple of days.
    Is the matte black version a pocket lint magnet, like some of the cheaper gel skins tend to be?

no, tpu cases don't attract lint, silicone does
    Yes, but they also offer no protection along the top & bottom edge. I'm guessing they also do not have a slight ridge to protect the screen when placed screen down?
    Haven't gotten mine yet - when I do I'll let you know.

(I'm not too bothered, personally. :))