The best alternative solution for all devices, all android, adhoc connections

Search This thread

jota22

Dec 6, 2012
We know android won't connect to Ad Hoc networks, I tried to flash and root often, replaced many versions of the file wpa_suppicant with no results.

Here is an easier alternative to the android - pc connections [adhoc] and share internet, without doing anything on the device, only with a PC application, for all androids and devices...

We will turn our PC into a router, well, do it this way.

This is easy with a little application that I share.

1. Download and extract the files
2. Install the application
3. Restart the system
4. Register the product with the serial (included)
5. Setting fields:
Hotspot Name: choose any name
Password: choose any password
Internet to share: Your interface with internet to share
Share Over: Your wifi interface to connect with your android
Sharing Mode: Select the "wi-fi Access Point"
6. Start Hotspot
7. Activate the wifi on your android and connect to your acces point

Enjoy.

Attachments

• CHpIv37125486.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 60,499
Last edited:

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
What's the name of sware?

Hi jota!
What's the name of your suggested software? Is it connectify? Connectify can create Access Point mode HotSpot for Windows 7 and above. It's so far the best AP hotspot app for Windows though some other apps like Virtual Router, Virtual Wifi Router,etc are available.

jota22

Dec 6, 2012
Hi jota!
What's the name of your suggested software? Is it connectify? Connectify can create Access Point mode HotSpot for Windows 7 and above. It's so far the best AP hotspot app for Windows though some other apps like Virtual Router, Virtual Wifi Router,etc are available.

Yes, it is connectify with enabled wi-fi acces point.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Do you know if and how I can host an adhoc network from my phone to other devicss (so i dont have to share my router :))
Greets

Sent from my Xperia X10 using xda app-developers app

NixZero

Feb 22, 2012
afaik you can make any windows 7/8 (and maybe vista) pc into a wifi hot point with just a few console commands without any external app or program...

Code:
A detailed step-by-step to setup tethering in Windows 7 without any 3rd party software:

From admin command prompt type:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=mywifinetwork key=mysecretkey

Enable new virtual Wi-Fi adapter (it might be disabled upon creation)

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

From current internet conection adapter share (ICS) to the virtual adapter

Connect from wireless client to virtual SSID. Wi-Fi client gets an auto IP and you're good to go.

After host computer restart you only need to repeat steps 3 & 5 to be up and running.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nesswit and HEXcube

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Adhoc or Access Point?

Thanks for the command prompt method NixZero. But, is the created network Adhoc or Access Point mode hotspot? If it's AP, Android can directly connect to it.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

@keenofhiphop
Android 2.2 or above have a built in Portable Hotspot feature to create Access Point mode Hotspot easily. Go to Settings->Wifi->Tethering and Portable Hotspot and turn on Portable Hotspot. This is a proper hotspot and acts like a real router. You can share your phone's internet connection over wifi and even play games. There's no need to create an Adhoc network when Access Point mode is readily available.

NixZero

Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the command prompt method NixZero. But, is the created network Adhoc or Access Point mode hotspot? If it's AP, Android can directly connect to it.

access point mode - I've used it to connect my tablet
the only annoying thing is that you have to activate it by hand at every boot (you can make a .bat obviously) and there are a few limits on the network sharing, for eg. it sets the dhcp for 192.168.0.255 mask with the server pc as 192.168.0.1 and you cant change it even if you set a different lan ip.

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
@keenofhiphop
Android 2.2 or above have a built in Portable Hotspot feature to create Access Point mode Hotspot easily. Go to Settings->Wifi->Tethering and Portable Hotspot and turn on Portable Hotspot. This is a proper hotspot and acts like a real router. You can share your phone's internet connection over wifi and even play games. There's no need to create an Adhoc network when Access Point mode is readily available.

Yeah I know but I dont wantbto share my 3g but my wifi. With builtin tethering it only works 3g to wlan.
Greets

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Configure as Repeater

Yeah I know but I dont wantbto share my 3g but my wifi. With builtin tethering it only works 3g to wlan.
Greets

You can create Wifi Access Point without sharing internet. Just turn off Mobile Data and then start Hotspot. It will create a Hotspot with no internet access.
Or did you mean you want to share your home wifi over phone's wifi? Usually, you can only have one wifi connection at a time since there is only 1 wifi transciever per device. But, it may be possible to configure the device as a repeater. This can be done on Windows 7 devices using Connectify by setting up a hotspot with the same name and password as the source wifi connection. I don't know if it can be done on Android too.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

@NixZero
Will this IP cause any conflict? As this is dhcp there should be nothing to worry about,right?
What about Static IP? Are there any commands to assign IP?

Reactions: keenofhiphop

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
AndroidWifi for Windows 7

The blog Seeing and Believing has given a more detailed description and steps for the command line WiFi Access Point method that NixZero shared with us. An advantage of this method is that it can share non ethernet internet connections like USB dongle,bluetooth modem,etc. Connectify and other Virtual Routers are limited to sharing ethernet. Connectify Pro can do this, but it's not free. The same blog has also linked to a Windows Application AndroidWiFi which automates execution of these scripts.

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
How to get list of connected clients?

Hey NixZero, you missed one point - Connectify can show you the list of clients connected to Virtual AP. But, how do we do that in the Access Point created through command scripts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    afaik you can make any windows 7/8 (and maybe vista) pc into a wifi hot point with just a few console commands without any external app or program...

Code:
    A detailed step-by-step to setup tethering in Windows 7 without any 3rd party software:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=mywifinetwork key=mysecretkey

Enable new virtual Wi-Fi adapter (it might be disabled upon creation)

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

From current internet conection adapter share (ICS) to the virtual adapter

Connect from wireless client to virtual SSID. Wi-Fi client gets an auto IP and you're good to go.

After host computer restart you only need to repeat steps 3 & 5 to be up and running.
    Configure as Repeater

Greets

You can create Wifi Access Point without sharing internet. Just turn off Mobile Data and then start Hotspot. It will create a Hotspot with no internet access.
    Or did you mean you want to share your home wifi over phone's wifi? Usually, you can only have one wifi connection at a time since there is only 1 wifi transciever per device. But, it may be possible to configure the device as a repeater. This can be done on Windows 7 devices using Connectify by setting up a hotspot with the same name and password as the source wifi connection. I don't know if it can be done on Android too.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

@NixZero
    Will this IP cause any conflict? As this is dhcp there should be nothing to worry about,right?
    What about Static IP? Are there any commands to assign IP?