[DEV] Ubuntu Touch Preview on Infinity tf700

Search This thread

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide
I've been quietly lurking in your other thread and would certainly be interested in this.

Keep up the great work!

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
Re: [DEV] Ubuntu Touch on Infinity tf700

Nice. so i will be able to dual boot with Ubuntu and Cleanrom? Good news.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
'Since I've been fiddling around anyway the last few days, I'd like to try this too. Keep it up, rabits! Wishing you good luck, and a pleasant journey. :)

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes

You're The Man.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

R0CKSTAR3N3RGY

Jan 6, 2012
Chicago, IL

PM me if you're looking for help. I planned on this same project but haven't gotten around to it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Heiboe

May 7, 2010
Skien
Thanks a lot for the downloadable binaries :D ! Have been stuck downloading the repos for what seems an eternaty.
Gonna test it first on an old i9000 i have laying around. Smooth. Long live linux and long live o'rabits the great one.

Do we have a terminal hidden somewhere? I might be blind and dumb, but i cant find it :/

Last edited:

bryce09

Nov 18, 2012
AW: [DEV] Ubuntu Touch Preview on Infinity tf700

Thanks! Great to see that development picked up so fast.
I can report that it is working as a developer build should. I basically only tested WiFi. It connected to my network and I could browse the web with the browser!
One major glitch is that the keyboard seems to be out of bounds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

rabits

Nov 25, 2012
St.Petersburg
Is it working with CROMI?
No, currently it totally replaces /system partition. But you don't need to wipe /data partition - you can simple reinstall CROMI or other Android without lose any data (except /system, of course).

Currently I'm working on multiboot and it will support linux, android and ubuntu-touch to boot from hardware devices (internal emmc, sdcards, usb media) or virtual disk img files.

singoutout

Sep 8, 2011
No, currently it totally replaces /system partition. But you don't need to wipe /data partition - you can simple reinstall CROMI or other Android without lose any data (except /system, of course).

Currently I'm working on multiboot and it will support linux, android and ubuntu-touch to boot from hardware devices (internal emmc, sdcards, usb media) or virtual disk img files.

Will it be compatible with CROMI or you're planning on making only a CM version?

Top Liked Posts