LG G2 VS980 bricked??

Search This thread

jokerkiller36

Feb 9, 2014
hey guys my lg g2 is bricked i think i just rooted maybe last week and i tried installing twrp so i could flash a rom but i think i installed the wrong recovery image. i used flashify as i clicked yes for my phone to reboot it stays stuck with some dim light kind of. it does not even show the lg logo or anything its just black but you can tell its on. someone please help . thanks!

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
hey guys my lg g2 is bricked i think i just rooted maybe last week and i tried installing twrp so i could flash a rom but i think i installed the wrong recovery image. i used flashify as i clicked yes for my phone to reboot it stays stuck with some dim light kind of. it does not even show the lg logo or anything its just black but you can tell its on. someone please help . thanks!

Try restarting phone by holding power for 10 seconds

Oh and the best way to install twrp is by using the app freegee... Saved me a bunch of heartache

jokerkiller36

Feb 9, 2014
Try restarting phone by holding power for 10 seconds

ahhh that worked! thanks. do you know where i can get the proper twrp so i can flash a custom rom? really just looking for one so i can make my phone look cool.

EDIT: sorry didnt see the last part. how do i know if twrp is actually installed? i just installed it and it said completed can i go ahead and flash a rom?

Last edited:

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
ahhh that worked! thanks. do you know where i can get the proper twrp so i can flash a custom rom? really just looking for one so i can make my phone look cool.

EDIT: sorry didnt see the last part. how do i know if twrp is actually installed? i just installed it and it said completed can i go ahead and flash a rom?

Download flashify and choose reboot to recovery.. Or you can use any app that has a reboot to recovery option. And yes you are good to flash.. Make sure you make a backup tho lol