Is it really impossible to pick a custom ringtone in 4.4?

Search This thread

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
Hello
I have a new moto g and I can't find where/how to pick a custom ringtone from my mp3 files, it was possible easily on my previous Nokia c5 with symbian:p
Am I missing some setting somewhere to enable this?
Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (XT1032) using Tapatalk.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Hello, most devices don't have an option for the said function. In this case, I don't have any option on my Nexus 5 either.

I have a music player installed called "NexMusic" its simple, fast, feature full. And the best thing is that you can set custom mp3 ringtones just by touching and holding down on the desired music file.

Hopefully this may be a way around the ringtone option.

tury3ybe.jpg

Simply search "NexMusic" on the PlayStore, its free.

Mashed_Potatoes

Oct 26, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
You can, you just need a 3rd party file manager. You can change notification sounds and alarm ringtone as well.

Once you get a file manager, it will offer you Media Storage and File Manager when you click on change ringtone

andoid1

Apr 15, 2014
You can, you just need a 3rd party file manager. You can change notification sounds and alarm ringtone as well.

Once you get a file manager, it will offer you Media Storage and File Manager when you click on change ringtone

Wow that's absolutely true, just installed the first file explorer from the market and it allowed me use it to select an mp3 file from my music folder.
Thanks a lot.

Sent from my Moto G (XT1032) using Tapatalk.