deal breaker: no multi-window

Search This thread

Drowzz

Dec 11, 2011
Franeker
Ok. So what's the point? Omni will come for the find 7a and support multi windowww

Sent from my X909 using xda app-developers app

CorruptedSanity

Oct 7, 2007
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
The point is to generate a healthy discussion.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they're is a way to get multi-window on the find 7.
I looked up omniRom. It looks like but it'll require rooting. I don't like rooting.

I'm not trying to be contrarian.

I was literally about order the Find 7 (not 7a) but then realized I have to sacrifice multi-window.

I'm using MW right now. Reading chats in what's app & writing this.

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
You couldn't have read too much because you cannot order the 7 yet. They haven't even announced when you might be able to put in your pre order. The outfit making the screens has just gone into production which implies the wait will be at the least several more weeks and more likely later. They answered an email asking with an early June estimate.

As to being a deal breaker that's in your court. I won't own a phone without root myself, that is one of my deal breakers. We each make our choices...

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
I never said I was going to buy the phone and haven't made up my own mind. I find it a little disconcerting that the app storage is quite low and surprisingly it cannot be easily reformatted as I expected. Or at least previous offerings and the 7A cannot be easily repartitioned. I also am a bit surprised that they are not shipping on 4.4X since a pilot version of it would have been available to them quite a while ago. Considering the fact that they have just finished their latest skin for 4.3 you have to figure it may be a while before you see 4.4X on this phone.

As to your response I don't need to ask permission on a public forum to speak my mind and I don't care what you did or did not ask. My response was directly to the point, you have made your choice and its as valid as mine. It is as you say a deal breaker for you but you are the only person you speak for, others can speak for themselves. I also you use multi window which I will simply add if I decide to buy in here. Many will do the same meaning its not a deal breaker for them either. Course some don't use it and don't care. We all make our choices. Think before you type.

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
Have you tried "Multi Window - Multi Browsing" in the play store. I understand it is a partial solution only.

I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, nice (never used S-Pen ever except to try it) but wanted 4.4 so bought an Sony Xperia Ultra GPE (Now that could use multi-window). Went to a new HTC One M8 (a phone again).

I will pick up an Oppo Find 7 (not 7a) when available. Specs look great (and obviously I'm a gadget geek).

So I would say try the "Multi Window - Multi Browsing" app on the Note 3, just to kick the tires.

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold

BrianDigital

I will definitely install exposed, and that's a great solution. (Doh). The issue with exposed is that it requires root. It is a good reason alone to root (but there are other good reasons as well).
People can correct me if I'm wrong, but when you are rooted the ability to deny apps root requests isn't that a security plus.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
I've got multi window running with xposed on my moto g. The screen size can't make the most of it but you can change the window sizes, swap them about etc

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Use omni. Has multi window built in.

Not yet, it's unofficial and not yet merged. I've been including it in the test builds but it won't be in nightlies.

(Why? Try using G+ when the device is in landscape... Or just do a portrait/landscape transition. Those are the two main issues that have prevented merging.)

CorruptedSanity

Oct 7, 2007
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
....makes no sense to make a thread about this...

There is sense.

I use multi window like hell on my note 3.

I won't even say once or twice a day.

I can say I use it most of the day because I use WhatsApp a lot.

So I continuously have whats app & RSS reader or the browser or youtube open at the same time.

I watch youtube while chatting. I cannot imagine having to leave youtube, go to whats app, write a reply, go back to youtuve, wait for buffering, watch 5 seconds, then go back to whats app, then back to YouTube, buffering. :silly::silly::silly::eek::eek::rolleyes::(

FareedYusoff

Apr 6, 2013
Kangar
There is sense.

I use multi window like hell on my note 3.

I won't even say once or twice a day.

I can say I use it most of the day because I use WhatsApp a lot.

So I continuously have whats app & RSS reader or the browser or youtube open at the same time.

I watch youtube while chatting. I cannot imagine having to leave youtube, go to whats app, write a reply, go back to youtuve, wait for buffering, watch 5 seconds, then go back to whats app, then back to YouTube, buffering. :silly::silly::silly::eek::eek::rolleyes::(

So, just stick with your note 3 and leave us here playing with our device calmly. :p
We not really care about daily usage. We just play the device software.
When we getting boring with a rom, we change it to other rom. and that's it.
That is how the flasher live everyday. Never stick to one kind of features. lol :D:silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I never said I was going to buy the phone and haven't made up my own mind. I find it a little disconcerting that the app storage is quite low and surprisingly it cannot be easily reformatted as I expected. Or at least previous offerings and the 7A cannot be easily repartitioned. I also am a bit surprised that they are not shipping on 4.4X since a pilot version of it would have been available to them quite a while ago. Considering the fact that they have just finished their latest skin for 4.3 you have to figure it may be a while before you see 4.4X on this phone.

As to your response I don't need to ask permission on a public forum to speak my mind and I don't care what you did or did not ask. My response was directly to the point, you have made your choice and its as valid as mine. It is as you say a deal breaker for you but you are the only person you speak for, others can speak for themselves. I also you use multi window which I will simply add if I decide to buy in here. Many will do the same meaning its not a deal breaker for them either. Course some don't use it and don't care. We all make our choices. Think before you type.
    I use multi-window a lot on my Note 3.

I thought it was an Android feature.

Apparently it's a proprietary software not an Android feature.