[q] help stuck in recovery loop

Search This thread
Jun 23, 2014
I have a tmobile note 3 and whenever i try to boot my phone it trys to go inot recovery but it says RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID ENFORCING i cant do anything please i will do anything to fix it as long as its not bricked I am litteraly so sick I am throwing up please help me

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
I have a tmobile note 3 and whenever i try to boot my phone it trys to go inot recovery but it says RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID ENFORCING i cant do anything please i will do anything to fix it as long as its not bricked I am litteraly so sick I am throwing up please help me

Well based on the limited info you gave I'm going to assume you flashed a rom. Likely a bad download.
If so download a different rom or re download the rom and flash again. Make sure you're doing a full wipe. Also be sure you're on the latest stable recovery.
Worst case if all of the above fails, odin the stock rom and start over and you'll be fine

running DECEPTICON rom (coming soon)

for best xda results, click to enlarge ?

re: RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID

When you see "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID" as the phone
tries to boot or boots it's perfectly normal after the phone is rooted.

Here is a fix which works 90% of the time for most people with the same
issue you are experiencing with your phone.

Power down the phone, then power it backup while holding the
phone's power/volumeUp/home buttons down all at the same time
until you see tiny blue text appear on top of your screen, as soon as
you see that let go of all buttons.

The phone will boot into Recovery mode.

Once you are in recovery mode do a "factory data reset" or factory reset
which ever way the option is displayed.

After that the phone reboots itself and it should fully boot making the phone
ready to use.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: shm

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York

Take the battery out for a minute or so, then reboot into recovery. If no go, reflash your recovery (make sure you're using the right one obviously.

RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID ENFORCING is normal when you have a custom recovery installed. It's just telling you that the official samsung signature isn't there. There's many threads regarding bootlooping around, a quick read probably would have sorted you :good:

PS: For the record, if you're getting physically sick about it, maybe you should read up a bit more before messing around with your very expensive device. I might sound awful but it's the truth.

Jun 23, 2014
Fixed It

The problem was i flashed the wrong recovery and my phone would not load or even go into download mode. I found somewhere online that if i held the download mode buttons before i put the battery in it would work and it did which allowed me to re flash my recovery.

Reactions: abrahamjohn731

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID

When you see "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANANDROID" as the phone
    tries to boot or boots it's perfectly normal after the phone is rooted.

Here is a fix which works 90% of the time for most people with the same
    issue you are experiencing with your phone.

Power down the phone, then power it backup while holding the
    phone's power/volumeUp/home buttons down all at the same time
    until you see tiny blue text appear on top of your screen, as soon as
    you see that let go of all buttons.

The phone will boot into Recovery mode.

Once you are in recovery mode do a "factory data reset" or factory reset
    which ever way the option is displayed.

After that the phone reboots itself and it should fully boot making the phone
    ready to use.

Good luck!
    Fixed It

The problem was i flashed the wrong recovery and my phone would not load or even go into download mode. I found somewhere online that if i held the download mode buttons before i put the battery in it would work and it did which allowed me to re flash my recovery.