[ROM][22-MAR-2012][TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC1 - 2.6.35.14 Kernel (V1.1 - 22OCT) ]

Search This thread

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
When I "df -h" in terminal emulator, I get 108.8M as my system size. How are you running with it set at 105?

Some searching reveals someone posting this, saying it is Sobe's market fix. Is this right? Anything different/changed?

Code:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. mkdir /cache/download
4. chown system:cache /cache/download
5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
6. chmod a+x /cache/download
Update: I just changed my system & cache to 110 & 2 using firerats 1.5.9 beta WITHOUT doing the above steps, and just downloaded and installed an app from "Google Play" 3.4.7 without problems. I will update if I encounter any.

2 things, 1, thanks for reporting being able to set cache at 2, and 2, thanks for not using Craptastic Play Store v3.5.15...

That being said, today I am a SAD PANDA... the plastic tabs on the side came off my extended battery door when I was pulling the battery for a reset (stupid mistake I made)... Q_Q

Robbie_G

Sep 3, 2007
College Station, TX
2 things, 1, thanks for reporting being able to set cache at 2, and 2, thanks for not using Craptastic Play Store v3.5.15...

That being said, today I am a SAD PANDA... the plastic tabs on the side came off my extended battery door when I was pulling the battery for a reset (stupid mistake I made)... Q_Q

I'm not intentionally trying to use that play store version. Will it upgrade itself at some point? What is different in the upgrade?

The back cover lock tabs broke off my phone a while ago, and I use a piece of double sided tape just above the camera to keep the cover from sliding off. But you can probably buy a new back door for pretty cheap.

bigjustinturbo

Oct 19, 2009
SC
I just wanted to post to say that after coming from a CM7 nightly, I'm loving this ROM. It's just really great. I don't know enough about the specifics of what's changed, but it runs so well that I can use GO Launcher EX now, which just never seemed to run well enough before.

So yeah, I think this ROM might be about the best mix of features and responsiveness for the Hero out there, and it will definitely keep me satisfied until the One X / Jet / LTE EVO or whatever they end up calling it is released.

About the only bug I've come across is that sometimes after a phone call, the display is set at maximum brightness. I'm not using auto brightness. I am using the status bar slide brightness control though, and since it doesn't seem to happen every time, maybe it's possible I'm doing it with my ear, and it's not a bug after all? Not sure.

When I "df -h" in terminal emulator, I get 108.8M as my system size. How are you running with it set at 105?

Some searching reveals someone posting this, saying it is Sobe's market fix. Is this right? Anything different/changed?

Code:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. mkdir /cache/download
4. chown system:cache /cache/download
5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Update: I just changed my system & cache to 110 & 2 using firerats 1.5.9 beta WITHOUT doing the above steps, and just downloaded and installed an app from "Google Play" 3.4.7 without problems. I will update if I encounter any.
I pull some things out of the zip like Cyanabread and Androidian themes to lower the mb's of the system partition to use mtd 105 2. I also use a different LatinIME.apk that is smaller. I haven't tried 1.5.9, but that is the market fix that you have posted. I'll have to try the newer firerat's.

mrtimo

Feb 13, 2010
this rom runs really hot for me. the phone gets hot from all the battery use. i just flashed it with the latest gapps. It also did this when i flashed it back in december. using the latest one now.

any settings i have to tweak?

mrtimo

Feb 13, 2010
in CM settings, the box was unchecked which said set cpu settings on reboot. i checked that now. its using smartass v2 as governor, min 352,max650 (these were the default settings on the rom). what settings are recommended, and why dont better settings come by default?
heat has died down a bit now, but was really bad when i was download a bunch of apps through 3g.
thanks

oohaylima

Jul 15, 2010
Beaufort, SC
Not all Hero are built equally. You have to find what speeds are best for your device. My phone gets hot, but that's because I clock it at 768 since it can handle it.

hareofthedog

Dec 24, 2010
Been a long time since I flashed anything to my old (semi-retired) hero. I use it for Runkeeper gps tracking primarily, since the gps on this old workhorse is so much more reliable than my epic touch (and it's a smaller phone, nicer for lugging around in a neoprene pack). Anyway, was jonesin to flash something newish and this went smoothly, so far, working great.

Sputnikk23

Jun 23, 2010
i just flashed the gapps mentioned a few posts up. Haven't added an account yet (phone isn't provisioned yet, trying to do just wifi. says unable to establish reliable connection. browser works though?).

However, all I see added is Talk in the launcher? No market, gmail, etc. What gives?

Even cleared data for default launcher to see if it just didn't pick up on the apps. Also rebooted.

anthony_s

Nov 21, 2010
New York
I don't think gmail, gmaps, etc, are included. With regards to the market, look for play store in the app drawer as it has been renamed. If it's not there, I would download again and verify the md5 in case of a bad download.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Sputnikk23

Jun 23, 2010
i see it now.

still freaked out about not being able to add a google account though just on wifi w/ no mobile data.

shouldn't it be possible?

says "can't establish reliable connection. phone may not be provisioned for data".. well duh... stick w/ the wifiz google!

edit: hmm.. flashed aosp to test, and it works on there? (yes i flashed the slightly older kernel mentioned in OP thread).. although when i try to remove the account it reboots the phone. lol. (flashing for someone else, was trying w/ my own account)

Last edited:

stupidjerkheadface

Jul 29, 2011
Google Pixel 3
I haven't messed with this phone in a while. Last I remembered there were no issues with the 9016 vm texts. I installed it on my old hero that my sister-in-law uses,and she's getting them. I can't find the setting to disable it, either. What am I missing?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

anthony_s

Nov 21, 2010
New York
I also haven't messed with it in a while but if I remember correctly the option should be at the bottom of the settings menu in the messaging app itself.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
CM 7.2 is now released... I have no idea the status of the THC as a team and if any work has been done after the last release...

Miss me some THC, Vanilla CM7.2 is fine tho...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is built from source using Android and CM repos. It is AOSP flavored, although some key CM7 elements are included. The build has gone through several iterations, and seems to be fairly complete. After the standard 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, Phone, Camera, Browser, Wifi, Market, Maps, GPS, etc. all appear functional.

This is an ODEXed build and currently uses the CM frameworks/base, along with a number of other CM components.

As of the 04JUN version, this ROM has a 2.6.35 kernel installed by default. This kernel is still in initial stages of development and testing. If you are having problems, you can trying flashing another kernel. I also recommend setting your minimum cpu frequency to 352, or you may have (even more) trouble getting the camera to work.

As of the 06JUN version, added the disable 9016 notification option to the Messaging app settings. Thanks to kushdeck/evervolv for the source for this addition. In addition, the default cpu frequency settings have been changed to 691/352.

If you are flashing over a version prior to 06JUN, please make sure to re-flash gapps as well, or you will be missing the gapps components. This has been fixed when flashing newer updates over ROMS from 06JUN forward. (i.e. 08JUN over 06JUN)

Kernel Info
    While the .35 kernel used here seems to work quite well for the majority, there are some who will have issues due to the particular device being used. Please remember that this is still a work in progress and will continue to be developed, but it will take some time between versions due to the complexity involved. If your device doesn't work well with the .35 kernel, you can flash the old kernel for the time being.
    KERN-2.6.29.zip

KERNEL UPDATE

The 01SEP version has a new source base combining board files from the previous version with a new source base from the GSM Hero github of Riemer and Erasmux (big thanks). After 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, and a few updates, everything appears to be working with this version. Not a lot of mileage yet, so as always, nandroid is your friend.

01-SEP-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Kernel updated to new 2.6.35.14 source; Fixed WiFi error on V1
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01SEP-V2.zip

01-OCT-2011 Sync with CM sources; Kernel updated to 10-SEP 2.6.35.14 source; Redirected to CM Repos while kernel.org is down
    This has a significant change to the source base due to the use of CM repos, and a limited amount of testing. Please be safe.
    Predictive text is not currently working. It is being looked at.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT.zip

01-OCT-2011 V2 UPDATE Sync with CM/AM sources; Kernel updated to 10-SEP 2.6.35.14 source; Redirected to CM & AM (Android Mirror) Repos while kernel.org is down
    This has a significant change to the source base due to the use of different repos, and a limited amount of testing. Please be safe.
    There are two versions - CM (all kernel.org repos switched to CM repos), and AM (many kernel.org repos switched to github android mirrors, others to CM).
    Predictive text should now be working, along with Screenshots and USB Tether, which were also missing in the previous version.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT-CM-V2.zip (CyanogenMod Repos)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-01OCT-AM-V2.zip (Github Android Mirrors & CM Repos)

03-OCT-2011 Redirect and sync to CM & AM (Android Mirror) Repos while kernel.org is down. Update build repo to reflect 2.3.7 version. This is primarily a cosmetic change to get the 2.3.7 version numbering along with some other small changes.

There are two versions - CM (all kernel.org repos switched to CM repos), and AM (many kernel.org repos switched to github android mirrors, others to CM).
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-03OCT-CM.zip (CyanogenMod Repos)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-03OCT-AM.zip (Github Android Mirrors & CM Repos)

22-OCT-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Back to single build using new Google/Android repositories. Lots of updates included from CM as well. This also includes the updated 22OCT 2.6.35.14 kernel.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.7-22OCT.zip

03-NOV-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Updated to align with latest CM7. This also includes the updated 22OCT 2.6.35.14 kernel.
    TeamHeroC-03NOV.zip

30-NOV-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources. Current version 7.2.0-RC0. Most of my effort will continue to be focused on ICS, so probably no updates other than aligning with any future major CM releases.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC0-30NOV.zip

19-JAN-2012 Sync with AOSP/CM sources on 19JAN. Current version 7.2.X, since code updates, but no version updates have occurred since 7.2.0-RC0. Currently no plans for continuing updates barring unexpected CM updates.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.X-19JAN.zip

22-MAR-2012 Sync with AOSP/CM sources on 22JAN. Current version 7.2.0-RC1 to align with CM update.
    TeamHeroC-7.2.0-RC1-22MAR.zip
    MISC

Building the ROM
    This assumes that you have or are able to get a build environment set up.
    • repo init -u git://github.com/TeamHeroC/manifest_aosp_heroc.git
    • repo sync
    • . build/envsetup.sh
    • lunch aosp_heroc-eng
    • mka bacon
    • ./vendor/aosp/tools/squisher

This will produce the ROM in the out/target/product/heroc/ directory.

Kernel source is the latest TeamHeroC 2.6.35 version, and can be found here.

Older Versions

21-MAY-2011 Original posted build.
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-21MAY

22-MAY-2011 Additional build with CMParts, FileManager, and Theme Support added.
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-22MAY

25-MAY-2011 Some cleanup and restore a few missing items (i.e. openvpn, rzscontrol, etc.)
    AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc-25MAY

30-MAY-2011 Sync sources and update build
    AOSP-HeroC-30MAY.zip

04-JUN-2011 Sync sources and update to 2.6.35 kernel [UPDATED to fix WIFI - V2]
    AOSP-HeroC-04JUN-V2.zip

06-JUN-2011 Sync sources; default cpu freq 691/352; add disable 9016 notifications option [from kushdeck/evervolv]
    TeamHeroC-GB-2.3.4-06JUN2011.zip

08-JUN-2011 Sync sources; fix backuptool.sh; fix autocomplete (dictionaries)
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-08JUN.zip

13-JUN-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13JUN.zip

01-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources [Updated to fix root issue]
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-01JUL-update.zip

08-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources, includes screenshot & gps updates.
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-08JUL.zip

24-JUL-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-24JUL.zip

13-AUG-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources
    TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13AUG.zip

14-AUG-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources; Version Change 2.3.5
    TeamHeroC-2.3.5-14AUG.zip
    Update Posted - 03-OCT-2011 - Update versioning to 2.3.7

The 03OCT versions have been posted to the OP. This is primarily a change to get the version strings updated to Android 2.3.7. Other than that, there is not much difference between this and the 01OCT V2 release.

Apologies to those of you who make major modifications for the multiple releases in such a short time-frame. Just wanted to get everything aligned and up to date.
    Update Posted - 30-NOV-2011

Update posted to OP.

Sync with AOSP/CM sources. Current version 7.2.0-RC0+.

This may be the end of the road (at least close) for this ROM. Most of my limited time will continue to be focused on ICS, so likely no updates unless there are new major CM releases (i.e. new RC or final versions) or other significant reasons for release.

This has not had much testing, so be safe. Primarily an update for currency and comparison/testing purposes for ICS development.
    Update Posted - 22-MAR-2012

Update posted to OP to align with CM 7.2.0-RC1.