New LG Flagship

Search This thread

colts187

Jan 3, 2012
Little Rock
So... I was on the Negri Electronics site about to buy this beast of a phone and I think, maybe I'll look at one more review. So I pull up the verge and I see this:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/7/9/3146268/lg-subsidiaries-quad-core-smartphone

So they are planning on releasing a new quad-core 10+ megapixel phone in September?... Bgr reported essentially the same thing. Thats only two months away! I hate to be a spoiler of sorts but this is crazy. I can't believe that weeks after they finally release their new flagship they drop this bomb on us. I'm glad I didn't buy it but at the same time it makes me kind of sad because I really wanted to love an lg phone again. Guess I'll have to wait until September

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

xtacee1990

Jun 29, 2012
Sydney
So... I was on the Negri Electronics site about to buy this beast of a phone and I think, maybe I'll look at one more review. So I pull up the verge and I see this:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/7/9/3146268/lg-subsidiaries-quad-core-smartphone

So they are planning on releasing a new quad-core 10+ megapixel phone in September?... Bgr reported essentially the same thing. Thats only two months away! I hate to be a spoiler of sorts but this is crazy. I can't believe that weeks after they finally release their new flagship they drop this bomb on us. I'm glad I didn't buy it but at the same time it makes me kind of sad because I really wanted to love an lg phone again. Guess I'll have to wait until September

It is RUMORED to be announced in September. When do you think you'll be able to buy it given that the Optimus 4X HD is not even released in more than half of the world?

ducatisto

Jul 7, 2007
Berlin
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Xiaomi Poco F1

HEY...that's too cool, honestly :) I thought I'd never see this kind of 'argumentation' again...but here we are. During the 80's we had this running gag 'Don't buy today, tomorrow it's twice the power for half the money!'

I really advice u to wait. Not until September because I heard a rumor that in December...or perhaps January... Stay tuned!

Feb 22, 2011
Quad core Krait S4:D Sounds nice but i'll stick to the 4x for now. This won't make it into store till December at least IMHO.

Kermit33

Feb 16, 2012
Hong Kong
HEY...that's too cool, honestly :) I thought I'd never see this kind of 'argumentation' again...but here we are. During the 80's we had this running gag 'Don't buy today, tomorrow it's twice the power for half the money!'

I really advice u to wait. Not until September because I heard a rumor that in December...or perhaps January... Stay tuned!

Totally agree.

charmthief88

Jan 20, 2012
Quad core Krait S4:D Sounds nice but i'll stick to the 4x for now. This won't make it into store till December at least IMHO.

Yes this is a great phone for all matters. 4g is nice but only a concern if your carrier provides it. Only one here in Australia does, and they would not be my first choice of carrier based on previous experience.

On another note: How is LG in regards to rooting and and flashing custom roms? Coming from an older Galaxy S and first generation tab, I would ask for a comparison in regards torooting and flashing Samsung devices. I know how valuable good dev support is.

oyanezg

Mar 27, 2011
Mexico
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Yes this is a great phone for all matters. 4g is nice but only a concern if your carrier provides it. Only one here in Australia does, and they would not be my first choice of carrier based on previous experience.

On another note: How is LG in regards to rooting and and flashing custom roms? Coming from an older Galaxy S and first generation tab, I would ask for a comparison in regards torooting and flashing Samsung devices. I know how valuable good dev support is.

Easier than Samsung but do not expect development by lg at all. So that's the advice and ask all the lg owners, I got 6 different lg phones non of them lg update released yet, custom roms on every one. Of them or I'll still be in 2 with 1.6, or 2.2 in the others it sucks but is easier than Samsung for sure no counters or any other weird stuff

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

gotchaaa

Jun 11, 2012
LG already released an Update for the 4x, it was 2 weeks after i bought this phone.
And they are working on the next Update (V10c).

So i think LG want to make things better, and so far they do!

Last edited: