[Q] SM-N9005 HK softbricked. Please help

Search This thread

maumarti2k

Oct 1, 2007
Hi ,
My phone is soft-brocked and I can't get it back. Let me explain what happened, maybe you can suggest next course of action:

1- I tried to install KitKat official release via ODIN (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5 version). Odin FAILED in the middle of the process, and got soft-bricked. When I turn the phone on now I get "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please selecr recovery mode in Kies and try again" :crying:
2767010.jpg

2- I tried to install previous Poland version, so that I could just perform an OTA update, and it also failed. Then I investigated further and realized my Note 3 is actually a model from Hong Kong (16GB) and seems to be the only version not compatible with other SM-N9005 firmwares.

3.- I found a version of the FW for this specific device (TGY-N9005ZHUDMK1-20131111204936) and tried to install it, then I got to a ext-4 error in Odin (again), unresolved)

4- I got a FW version for my phone with all files separate (N9005ZHUBMI7_China) and tried to upload individualy, I got everything but BL and AP

5- I tried with a forum suggesting to upload Bootloader from leaked KitKat version, and PI, AP, CP and CSC from Chinese version, that did not fix the problem

6.- Now, for any version I try to install I get this:
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/012> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/012> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/012> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/012> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I tried with ODIN 3.07 and 3.09. Results are exactly the same

7- I tried Kies and I get "The connected device is not supported by Kies 3 (I have the latest version)
8- In Kies, when I try to perform a "Firmware upgrade and initialization" after requesting Model and seial# I get "SM-N9005 does not support initialization"
9- I took my phone to the official Samsung Support in my country (argentina) and they said the model is not sold in Argentina, so there's nothing they can do

What do I have
1.- I can still access download mode and upload via Odin (works fine for CSC, CP and PIT, not for AP and BL)
2.- I can still access recovery mode (after installing CSC alone, the phone starts in recovery mode)
3- Fortunatelly, I have 2 batteries and an external charger, so no battery issues

I have ran out of ideas. Is there anyone around who can lend me a hand with this, please? I am desperate.

Thanks a lot!!!

pxdx

Nov 4, 2011
Kolkata
Have a look at the procedure mentioned here..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49527507

Edit: From the same thread-

* Is this Poland KitKat support Hong Kong N9005 - No, Hong Kong N9005 is not friendly with others country N9005, cannot cross flashing.

* What to do if I accidentally flash it under Hong Kong N9005 and soft brick now - The only solution now is flashing custom recovery (Knox trip due to custom recovery) for KitKat and later flash SweetROM v7 KitKat custom ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: maumarti2k

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Your phone has the kitkat bootloader but no ROM. The only thing you can do is either wait for the official Hong Kong Kitkat ROM or install a custom ROM based on Kitkat.

EDIT:
Here.
This is for Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' screen after getting a 'Invalid: ext4 image' or 'Repartioning failed' errors while installing 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (Single File ROM) via Odin.

Many Thanks to @Volrath for his/her post in another forum with this solution. I have tried and it worked. I've tried almost every other solution without avail. So, this is probably the only solution available at the time I'm writing this post.

Binary: Custom
Knox: 0x1

Method:

In Odin mode

1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454079

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425)

I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.

On Device

1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
4. Install Rom from SD Card
5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)

Last edited:

con2vp1

Feb 12, 2011
Your phone has the kitkat bootloader but no ROM. The only thing you can do is either wait for the official Hong Kong Kitkat ROM or install a custom ROM based on Kitkat.

EDIT:
Here.

I have the same issue and im just waiting for the Official KitKat HK version. As of right now im stuck basically a phone has no ROM. And since i cannot downgrade to 4.3 because my bootloader already says 4.4.2 and I have tried installing SweetRom KitKat but it keeps crashing on the Samsung Setup Wizard and yes i have every wipe that you can think of still has the same issue.

You can try installing Sweet Rom KitKat and let me know if it works for you because for mine i just cant get it to work and pass the Samsung Setup Wizrd thing it will just crashed.

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
I have the same issue and im just waiting for the Official KitKat HK version. As of right now im stuck basically a phone has no ROM. And since i cannot downgrade to 4.3 because my bootloader already says 4.4.2 and I have tried installing SweetRom KitKat but it keeps crashing on the Samsung Setup Wizard and yes i have every wipe that you can think of still has the same issue.

You can try installing Sweet Rom KitKat and let me know if it works for you because for mine i just cant get it to work and pass the Samsung Setup Wizrd thing it will just crashed.

Try some other custom ROM. Try Echoe.

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city

Please delete. Wrong post.

Last edited:

uglybb88

Dec 18, 2012
i got the same problem before and i manage to fix it... but KNOX is triggered.. better bricked ..

so i manage to get HK Note 3 fixed from a soft brick. (flashed kitkat and didnt realize the poland rom is not for HK version LOL)

I got all the file it needed to make it work since i cant post direct link to my mega account.

so i give u guys the file name to search in google

(1) N9005ZHUBMI7.rar

(2) Note 3 Kitkat.zip

(3) n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar

(4) SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip

i used ODIN 3.07 for the progress... it might work on 3.09 or even better

so here is the procedure

a) unzip all the file in (1) and (2)

b) phone in download mode

c) open 3.07 .

d) pick the PIT file from (1). bootloader/BL from (2), PDA/AP, Phone/CP and CSC all from (1)

e) flash and wait until it reboot.

f) download mode again and use ODIN 3.07 to flash (3) in the PDA

G) after root (shall into a boot loop) . take the battery out and put into recovery (vol up , home , power)

H) make sure u have the (4) inside the root of the SD card (rename to update.zip) and do a wipe/ reset . then flash

i) when is done .. ur phone will boot fully.. then shut off and flash CP again one more time. CP is from (2) and use ODIN 3.07

now ur phone will be up and running

any question let me know

and if u need the file

email me and i give u the link

u g l y b b @ h o t m a i l . c o m

filchi756

Sep 29, 2010
Tarlac city
i got the same problem before and i manage to fix it... but KNOX is triggered.. better bricked ..

so i manage to get HK Note 3 fixed from a soft brick. (flashed kitkat and didnt realize the poland rom is not for HK version LOL)

I got all the file it needed to make it work since i cant post direct link to my mega account.

so i give u guys the file name to search in google

(1) N9005ZHUBMI7.rar

(2) Note 3 Kitkat.zip

(3) n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar

(4) SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip

i used ODIN 3.07 for the progress... it might work on 3.09 or even better

so here is the procedure

a) unzip all the file in (1) and (2)

b) phone in download mode

c) open 3.07 .

d) pick the PIT file from (1). bootloader/BL from (2), PDA/AP, Phone/CP and CSC all from (1)

e) flash and wait until it reboot.

f) download mode again and use ODIN 3.07 to flash (3) in the PDA

G) after root (shall into a boot loop) . take the battery out and put into recovery (vol up , home , power)

H) make sure u have the (4) inside the root of the SD card (rename to update.zip) and do a wipe/ reset . then flash

i) when is done .. ur phone will boot fully.. then shut off and flash CP again one more time. CP is from (2) and use ODIN 3.07

now ur phone will be up and running

any question let me know

and if u need the file

email me and i give u the link

u g l y b b @ h o t m a i l . c o m

Do you have the 16gb or the 32gb hongkong version?

maumarti2k

Oct 1, 2007
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your comments. I have finally resolved, trying the methods you suggested and others, and finally got it back to life this way (I'm posting in case this might be useful for any of you as well)

1.- Flashed bootloader from N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX (Leaked Kit Kat version)
2.- After reboot, flased bootloader, CP and CSC from the same version (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX). Flashing bootloader again might not be necessary, but this is how I did it, and how it worked, so I cannot confirm otherwise
3.- Flased AP from N9005ZHUBMI7 (Honk Kong version)
4.- Entered recovery mode and wiped system, cache and dalvik (just in case)
4.- Flashed autoroot (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
5.- Flased CWM recovery for KitKat (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
6.- Installed the latest version of SweetRom (SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip) from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425

So long it seems to be working correctly, battery consumption has increased, but this seems normal every time I change my ROM. Thanks again for all your help, and hopefully this will help someone else resolve the issue until the official version for the HK 16GB version is available.

Reactions: s327374

fbasbas

May 5, 2012
Question

Hi there,

I reached step 4 and flashed AP N9005ZHUDMJ8 (HK version too) but got an error. Is it a must to use your suggested version?

Thank you.

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your comments. I have finally resolved, trying the methods you suggested and others, and finally got it back to life this way (I'm posting in case this might be useful for any of you as well)

1.- Flashed bootloader from N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX (Leaked Kit Kat version)
2.- After reboot, flased bootloader, CP and CSC from the same version (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX). Flashing bootloader again might not be necessary, but this is how I did it, and how it worked, so I cannot confirm otherwise
3.- Flased AP from N9005ZHUBMI7 (Honk Kong version)
4.- Entered recovery mode and wiped system, cache and dalvik (just in case)
4.- Flashed autoroot (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
5.- Flased CWM recovery for KitKat (n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113).tar)
6.- Installed the latest version of SweetRom (SweetROM_V7.00_NA6_4.4.2_N9005.zip) from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425

So long it seems to be working correctly, battery consumption has increased, but this seems normal every time I change my ROM. Thanks again for all your help, and hopefully this will help someone else resolve the issue until the official version for the HK 16GB version is available.

maumarti2k

Oct 1, 2007
Hi there,

I reached step 4 and flashed AP N9005ZHUDMJ8 (HK version too) but got an error. Is it a must to use your suggested version?

Thank you.

Actually, I only got it to work with the version I mentioned in the post, I don't think I tried with the version you mention. If it failed, I'd suggest you start over, but this time try with the version I suggested, since at least I know this worked for 2 people already. Also, I believe you need to own a 16GB HK version, just in case, Hope this helps

minhluansgk

Nov 24, 2013
Ask for Help

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> AP_N9005ZHUBMI7_1626679_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CP_N9005XXUBMI5_REV03_CL1252918.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ZZH_N9005ZZHBMI7_1626679_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Ext4)
can not..............hix hix hix

semis0nic

Oct 30, 2004
www.reyd.bravehost.com
working solution

Download and ODIN flash N9005ZHUENB5 in sam mobile. Works on my HK Note 3

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> AP_N9005ZHUBMI7_1626679_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CP_N9005XXUBMI5_REV03_CL1252918.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ZZH_N9005ZZHBMI7_1626679_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Ext4)
can not..............hix hix hix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have a look at the procedure mentioned here..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49527507

Edit: From the same thread-

* Is this Poland KitKat support Hong Kong N9005 - No, Hong Kong N9005 is not friendly with others country N9005, cannot cross flashing.

* What to do if I accidentally flash it under Hong Kong N9005 and soft brick now - The only solution now is flashing custom recovery (Knox trip due to custom recovery) for KitKat and later flash SweetROM v7 KitKat custom ROM.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Same thing happened with mine, flashed Cwm with odin and it sprang to life...

EDIT:
    Here.
    This is for Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' screen after getting a 'Invalid: ext4 image' or 'Repartioning failed' errors while installing 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (Single File ROM) via Odin.

Many Thanks to @Volrath for his/her post in another forum with this solution. I have tried and it worked. I've tried almost every other solution without avail. So, this is probably the only solution available at the time I'm writing this post.

Binary: Custom
    Knox: 0x1

Method:

In Odin mode

1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
    2. Flash the Chenglu's latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454079

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487425)

I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.

On Device

1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
    2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
    3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
    4. Install Rom from SD Card
    5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)

EDIT:
    Here.

Try some other custom ROM. Try Echoe.