[Q] Full Android reboot after flashing recovery?

Search This thread

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Hi,

In several posts I read, that after flashing recovery you should first fully boot into Android, before booting into the new recovery.
I would really like to understand the reason for this.

Anyone who can give some technical details?

Thanks!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi,

In several posts I read, that after flashing recovery you should first fully boot into Android, before booting into the new recovery.

Thanks!

When you don't reboot into Android, many people will get the dreaded TWRP password bug when you have not already set a password:

Reactions: f69m

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
When you don't reboot into Android, many people will get the dreaded TWRP password bug when you have not already set a password:
You mean the password prompt showing up, though the filesystem has not been encrypted?
Interesting, I thought that happens only, when the TWRP version does not match the bootloader.

Hard to explain, but then weird things happen all the time that cannot always be explained. ;)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
You mean the password prompt showing up, though the filesystem has not been encrypted?
Interesting, I thought that happens only, when the TWRP version does not match the bootloader.

Hard to explain, but then weird things happen all the time that cannot always be explained. ;)

And depending on which method you use, You would be flashing the recovery to the staging partition, so a full reboot is need, thats why you

get the blue bar on you tab on reboot, Its moving what you just flashed from the staging to the correct partition, in your case the recovery...

Thx Josh :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks!